Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Oct 2000, 11:35 (Ref:41431)   #1
chow wei hsien
Rookie

chow wei hsien should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well,... the common question this year is, who would u rather have as your team mate if the championship battles goes down to the wire?

everyone seems to be saying that DC would be more helpful coz Rubens seem not to be able to run at the front and block someone. DC is also not too good at slowing MS down but he seems faster than Rubens and more aggressive as well.
Looks like Rubens is no match for DC in terms of pace and ability to affect the championship outcome.

But i remember 1997 when Eddie Irvine rose to the ocassion at Suzuka and played a very big role to help Michael win. before Suzuka 1997, Eddie Irvine seems to be doing nothing much.

however, Suzuka is eddie's favourite track while Rubens doesn't have any good result in Suzuka as far as i can remember.
I seriously dunno Rubens can raise his game this time and become a big factor in the Suzuka race.
Old 6 Oct 2000, 11:47 (Ref:41432)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't think you can compare Irv with Rubens as such because Irv generally always beat him in the Jordans. Certainly, if I were asked I would say that Irvine would be the better man for the job so in answer to the question, I would be surprised if RB can do anything, unless they run his car extremely light on fuel so that he can interfere with the Macaroons for the early laps.

You may note that I am not impressed with Rubens so let's see what the others say.
Old 6 Oct 2000, 12:40 (Ref:41440)   #3
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's doubtfull, that Rubinio will play the same role Eddie played two years ago. He could drive well on the circuit but he's weak stair-worker.
Old 6 Oct 2000, 23:49 (Ref:41543)   #4
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Don't think you can compare Irv with Rubens as such because Irv generally always beat him in the Jordans.
Well, I'm sorry, but that's just not true. During the time they were team-mates, there were nine races where they both were classified. And Rubens beat Eddie six of those times.

94 WDC: Rubens 6th, 19 pts, Irvine 14th, 6 pts.
95 WDC: Rubens 11th, 11 pts, Irvine 12th, 10 pts.

I'd say it was the other way around, Peter.

Old 7 Oct 2000, 05:24 (Ref:41573)   #5
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The fact is that RB has no balls whatsoever. The only blocking he will be doing is on Button for 7th position.
Old 7 Oct 2000, 10:41 (Ref:41610)   #6
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forget the balls, were there tyres on his car???

Poor Qualifying show from RB...
Old 7 Oct 2000, 10:47 (Ref:41611)   #7
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
This is going to be very interesting. I think Rubens is much better than a lot here give him credit for, but unless Ferrari starts him on a very light load, and he out drags DC and Mika at the start, then his role will be to try to beat Bunsen.
Old 8 Oct 2000, 10:05 (Ref:41754)   #8
chow wei hsien
Rookie

chow wei hsien should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Answer- Rubens failed to rise to the occasion
Old 8 Oct 2000, 10:39 (Ref:41763)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Answer : Ferrari or TGF did not need RB to the occasion.

It was a 2 level race, as FIA wanted : TGF x Cranky Mika, the rest.
Old 8 Oct 2000, 10:49 (Ref:41765)   #10
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Chow, it is easy to be correct after the event. The whole point is, during the race, the two champions were much faster than anyone else, so help or no help became academic.
Old 8 Oct 2000, 10:58 (Ref:41770)   #11
Blackjack
Rookie

Blackjack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In any case we have seen Ruben rise as far as he ever will.
Old 9 Oct 2000, 06:07 (Ref:41892)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
R,

Thanks for the correction. I was working from memory and had no books with me. It was my opinion, which I may have presented as fact.

However, I believe I was right as far as RB's weekend was concerned. He certainly made the Jaguar look good for a long time in the race didn't he?

Maybe next year he'll try working harder.
Old 9 Oct 2000, 08:43 (Ref:41917)   #13
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
When i saw Rubens early pace, i was convinced that Ferrari had put him on a huge load of fuel and that he would have some kinda role to play towards the end of the race...even win it.
After he came into the pits for the first time it was unbelievable!...the Jag was quicker??
Or maybe it was Irv in Japan.

Anyways Rubens is a nice guy...but i hate the Hype!

Feel sorry for him when he has to Bull**** that he loves Ferrari in F1Racing Mag evry month.
Old 9 Oct 2000, 08:51 (Ref:41918)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by downforce

Anyways Rubens is a nice guy...but i hate the Hype!
I agree but he's been the main exponent of said hype don't you think?
Old 9 Oct 2000, 08:55 (Ref:41920)   #15
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
Yup