Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 14 Jun 2021, 09:30 (Ref:4056316)   #101
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
All 29 cars finished R1- when was the last time that happened?
25 October 2020 (27 car field)
Old 14 Jun 2021, 10:24 (Ref:4056321)   #102
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
25 October 2020 (27 car field)
didn't realise it was quite so recent!
Old 14 Jun 2021, 10:32 (Ref:4056325)   #103
Mogster
Rookie

Mogster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I think they should try the 200 layout at some point. The 300 layout for me is just too long a lap.
Yes, I’ve never felt the infield section added much at Snetterton, too tight and narrow.

It’s a shame the track was butchered in the 80s, leaving only the club circuit. It was more like Silverstone back then.

Last edited by Mogster; 14 Jun 2021 at 10:40.
Old 14 Jun 2021, 11:22 (Ref:4056327)   #104
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The infield section provides loads of action? The run down to Agostini has loads of overtakes
Old 14 Jun 2021, 12:24 (Ref:4056336)   #105
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes, the infield has definitely added something to the circuit and you get plenty of action. As for using the 200 layout, maybe Gow should consider running that as a second meeting here instead of two at Thruxton
Old 14 Jun 2021, 15:14 (Ref:4056363)   #106
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
And no safety cars in any of the BTCC races. It was very unusual.

Race 1 was processional, but the laters races were better. Suttons and then Sheddon / Cook livened up the later races with their excellents drives through the field.

I am no fan of this track layout - it's too long, and on TV at least it is hard to get to know the track properly.
Agreed.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 14 Jun 2021, 15:33 (Ref:4056364)   #107
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Didn’t notice there were no SCs in the BTCC, shows how well behaved the drivers were
Old 14 Jun 2021, 15:55 (Ref:4056370)   #108
richy01908
Rookie

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
richy01908 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Sutton always seems to be able to drive through the field like no one else.
Looks to me he's just that bit more aggressive, but still very clean.

Ingram - yesterday and a few times last year, great start, into 2nd, then after a lap or 2 settles for 2nd, lets Turkington/whoever get away, and spends rest of race protecting his position, not trying to improve - same with quite a few Jackson/Olifant/Butcher etc.., happy to be in a podium position and defend all race - whereas Sutton & Cook seem to push/get in the mirrors of the driver ahead.

Yesterday, Ingram etc to me did not put up much of a fight against Sutton, and does not generally against Turkington, would rather save the tyres/not damage the car,

Yet, had to laugh when

Ingram did put up a fight against Jackson, so can drive like Sutton when he wants to. Quite a few will let the stars past, block the rest sadly.

Conclusion: Quite a few drivers in the best cars could try harder, though Sutton, Turkington, Sheddon on past form Cook etc., seem a slightly higher level to me, but still my favourite race series
Old 14 Jun 2021, 16:34 (Ref:4056375)   #109
ScottS
Rookie

ScottS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Ingram played a very clever game overall. Picked fights when they needed to be had but didn't if it was going to put him back in the pack ultimately having to defend against other cars.

As Paul O'Neill and Matt Neil said recently, you don't have to win a race to win the championship. Finish 4th or 5th in every race and get over 300 points in the championship to be in the running.
Old 14 Jun 2021, 16:50 (Ref:4056376)   #110
S griffin
Veteran

I did think it would be a tall ask for Tingram to be fighting for the championship with a team and a car that is still relatively new, so credit to him there
Old 14 Jun 2021, 18:16 (Ref:4056390)   #111
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team and car doesn't really matter. It's no surprise the Hyundai has jumped right to the front when a top driver and perhaps most importantly, his engineer, have jumped across.

So much of the NGTC package is common across different chassis that this is a huge advantage. Of course there will still be some element of learning the subtle differences, but it's the driver/engineering team that's key.
Old 14 Jun 2021, 19:05 (Ref:4056404)   #112
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
didn't realise it was quite so recent!
In fairness - I think you have to go back to 18 Aug 2019 for the last time the whole field were classified as finishing before that. We do get one clean race a season.
Old 14 Jun 2021, 19:35 (Ref:4056407)   #113
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I think Sutton is still my choice as champion again. I just don’t see anyone that has a package that can compete.
Old 14 Jun 2021, 20:11 (Ref:4056409)   #114
S griffin
Veteran

The others need to exploit any problems that come Sutton’s way
Old 14 Jun 2021, 20:36 (Ref:4056417)   #115
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I miss Snetterton's scary tree.
Old 14 Jun 2021, 20:49 (Ref:4056418)   #116
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if all the other teams start moan about the Infiniti TOCA will likely cut the boost a bit and it's not in Lord Gow's interest that Sutton runs away with it
Old 14 Jun 2021, 21:34 (Ref:4056422)   #117
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
if all the other teams start moan about the Infiniti TOCA will likely cut the boost a bit and it's not in Lord Gow's interest that Sutton runs away with it
But they can't just cut his boost, can they, and leave his teammates alone?

He's clearly head and shoulders above the vast majority of other drivers in terms of both his aggression and his racecraft. He's streets ahead of his teamates.

If they cut the boost for Sutton, they'll have to cut the boost for Moffat and Boardley. That'd send them both to the back.
Old 14 Jun 2021, 21:44 (Ref:4056423)   #118
porsche962fan
Veteran

Jelley in the old 125 also had his boost cut when they cut for WSR

speaking of WSR wasn't it strange that Jelley couldn't drive home a win or even a podium ? Turks would surelly have made it
Old 14 Jun 2021, 22:12 (Ref:4056425)   #119
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Wouldn't that mean cutting boost for most of the grid?
Old 14 Jun 2021, 22:20 (Ref:4056426)   #120
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:

speaking of WSR wasn't it strange that Jelley couldn't drive home a win or even a podium ? Turks would surelly have made it
So what? At least he’s doing a lot better than with the old 125 and let’s face Turkington is one a few drivers on the grid that is on another level from the rest
Old 14 Jun 2021, 22:32 (Ref:4056428)   #121
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jelley is doing quite well, very consistent so far. I hoped he'd finish on a podium in R3 but still a decent start of the season.

Also, no one is talking about that but Jack Goff finished half of the races inside the top 10 - a feat impossible with old HARD's Volkswagens. Fighting for Top 10s may not be everything Goff is capable of but at least it seems he can fight for something this year, not just go around in circles towards the back of the grid. Honestly, I expected this.
Old 14 Jun 2021, 23:30 (Ref:4056430)   #122
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Wouldn't that mean cutting boost for most of the grid?
why? they could diferentiate of Toca Swindon FWD and Toca Swindon RWD so it only hurts the Infiniti
Old 14 Jun 2021, 23:33 (Ref:4056431)   #123
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post

Also, no one is talking about that but Jack Goff finished half of the races inside the top 10 - a feat impossible with old HARD's Volkswagens. Fighting for Top 10s may not be everything Goff is capable of but at least it seems he can fight for something this year, not just go around in circles towards the back of the grid. Honestly, I expected this.
if Goff was in something like BTC Honda I am sure he may even outdo Cook

back in the Eurotech Honda days he was actually championship contender
Old 15 Jun 2021, 05:51 (Ref:4056463)   #124
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
why? they could diferentiate of Toca Swindon FWD and Toca Swindon RWD so it only hurts the Infiniti
I'm not sure it works like that... maybe they could differentiate between the Sutton Infiniti and the other 2?
Old 15 Jun 2021, 05:52 (Ref:4056465)   #125
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And agreed, Goff is doing a great job scoring points in every race so far