Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 12 Mar 2002, 19:32 (Ref:233756)   #1
kbudden
Racer

kbudden should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantasy Formula Renault update

For those of you engaged in Fantasy Formula Renault (and if you're not now's the time to join ;o) - the results have now been updated to reflect the positions at the end of todays tests at Croft.

Congratulations to Speedworx Racing (64 pts), Ballistic Racing (60 pts) and Amys Antics (59 pts) who head up the leaderboard - but of course it could all change tomorrow!! - full details at www.fantasyformularenault.com
Old 13 Mar 2002, 19:08 (Ref:234436)   #2
kbudden
Racer

Check your scores - Fantasy Formula Renault update

Fantasy Formula Renault has now been updated after the second days testing at Croft.

The top three have swapped around a bit, Ballistic Racing have now moved in to the top spot on 134 points, Speedworx Racing on 122 points and Amys Antics on 119.

Check out how you've done and tell your friends about the site - the more players we get, the better the prizes we'll be able to offer later in the season....
Old 13 Mar 2002, 19:18 (Ref:234449)   #3
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was leading. Now dropped to second 12 points down. Still a good start to the year.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 19:19 (Ref:234451)   #4
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
As I said in the other thread. 2nd is good enought for now.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 19:40 (Ref:234472)   #5
kbudden
Racer

Sure is hakkiman - you're ahead of me and I'm running the thing!!
Old 13 Mar 2002, 19:40 (Ref:234473)   #6
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doth protest: points have been awarded for the results at the end of each of the two days. Surely it was meant to be at the end of the test as a whole - one test, just happened to run over two days.

What happens with the races - points awarded for who's leading at half time?
Old 13 Mar 2002, 19:47 (Ref:234480)   #7
kbudden
Racer

Calm down Jonny - for race weekends the procedure is simple, points will be awarded based on results at the end of qualifying and results at the end of the race. For double header weekends results will be updated for qualifying and for the results of both races.

At the moment we are just letting people get used to using the site and checking that our own mechanisms for updating the scores are working correctly - think they are - just double checking at the moment...

As explained yesterday, all scores will be reset before the first race weekend - so no one needs to worry too much about their current positions - and there will be an opportunity to change your team immediately before the first race weekend.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 21:56 (Ref:234576)   #8
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am rather impressed with my line up, room for improvement sure but hopefully my guys will bring home the bacon!!!
Old 14 Mar 2002, 19:41 (Ref:235236)   #9
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
I might change one of my line up.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 10:15 (Ref:238214)   #10
sonic
Veteran

sonic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by hakkiman
I might change one of my line up.
hey don't you go stealing my drivers Hakkiman, They are all quite happy driving for the top team at the moment! Ballistic racing rules!heh heh heh
Old 18 Mar 2002, 10:36 (Ref:238223)   #11
pink hood
Rookie

pink hood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 18 Mar 2002, 15:22 (Ref:238441)   #12
sgrok
Racer

sgrok should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why is Alex Buncombe worth £30000?
Old 19 Mar 2002, 22:06 (Ref:239687)   #13
kbudden
Racer

Fantasy Formula Renault Update - Oulton Park now included

www.fantasyformularenault.com has now been updated following todays testing at Oulton Park.

There's no change at the top with Ballistix Racing holding on to the top spot with Speedworx Racing at No2. Boots on the side is now at No3.

We are now able to announce our first prize of the season!! - A crate of Stella Artois will be presented to the person scoring the most points after the first weekend's racing at Brands Hatch. The prize will be presented at Oulton Park after the Formula Renault race on Sunday 21st April. If the winner is not present at Oulton Park we will arrange a convenient location for you to collect your prize.
Old 19 Mar 2002, 23:02 (Ref:239733)   #14
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Fantasy Formula Renault Update - Oulton Park now included

Quote:
Originally posted by kbudden
We are now able to announce our first prize of the season!! - A crate of Stella Artois will be presented to the person scoring the most points after the first weekend's racing at Brands Hatch. The prize will be presented at Oulton Park after the Formula Renault race on Sunday 21st April. If the winner is not present at Oulton Park we will arrange a convenient location for you to collect your prize.
That's one hell of a prize!
I'd like to make this addition:

We are now able to announce our first event of the season!! - A crate of Stella Artois will be drunk, singlehandedly, by the person with the team "Flat Tyre Racing (Junior Squad)" before the first weekend's racing at Brands Hatch. The "pinball masters" prize will be presented to MrTTRaces if he doesn't fall over on his 21st birthday, which is the Sunday of Brands. If a bucket is not present we will arrange a convenient location for him to do what people do when they've drunk a lot of stella.

Last edited by Paul Rayner; 19 Mar 2002 at 23:04.
Old 20 Mar 2002, 00:01 (Ref:239764)   #15
BAR Babe
Racer

BAR Babe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two Buckets present and correct in the rear of my car already in preparation dear!!!!
Old 20 Mar 2002, 10:35 (Ref:239977)   #16
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
heeheee, and the collection date's my birthday... so flat tyre racing (junior squad) can drink it for a reason
[/shameless self-promotion]
Old 20 Mar 2002, 12:39 (Ref:240063)   #17
Jonny Apex
Veteran

I wonder if points from the Oulton test should be declared null and void as drivers waiting for their only run on fresh tyres never got the chance because their last session was cancelled because of an accident in Clios ...
Old 20 Mar 2002, 14:49 (Ref:240165)   #18
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Apex
I wonder if points from the Oulton test should be declared null and void as drivers waiting for their only run on fresh tyres never got the chance because their last session was cancelled because of an accident in Clios ...
It's no different to a race being red-flagged and called at half distance, like the final round last year.
kbudden, from my previous experience with running Fantasy Formula One I recommend you think of some rules to be applied in strange situations, like disqualifications and appeals, etc. and post them on the site now. I know that caused me a hell of a bugger, when the first race I ever did (Brazil 1995) had a situation where teams were disqualified but drivers not. I later decided to only count the immediate results after a race.

Other than that, Jonny, I guess it's a simple case of "the editor's decision is final".
Old 20 Mar 2002, 15:47 (Ref:240207)   #19
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Now what kind of a team manager would I be and what would my drivers think if I didn't seek clarification of the rules ...
Old 21 Mar 2002, 12:53 (Ref:240825)   #20
Paul Rayner
Veteran

I agree. I think there's a couple of grey areas that could do with clearing up, like what happens with penalties/disqualifications. The points system as well (on the site, both sets of points are listed as "race points".)
Especially now there's beer involved!
Old 21 Mar 2002, 23:37 (Ref:241213)   #21
kbudden
Racer

Not quite sure what you mean about race points Paul - points for qualifying are shown on one page and points for finishing the race on another.

If a driver is disqualified then they will score no points for the race but would still score points for their qualifying position. The final race positions would be calculated allowing for the disqualified driver, i.e. everyone under the disqualified driver would effectively be bumped up a place.
Old 22 Mar 2002, 09:13 (Ref:241416)   #22
Jonny Apex
Veteran

He's right, Paul. It does.

I just want to ask, is Brands Hatch testing going to be included as a final round for the pres-season testing scores or are we missing it and waiting now until first qualifying for the Fantasy league to start up proper? I thought so far it had all been a dummy run ...
Old 22 Mar 2002, 15:59 (Ref:241690)   #23
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Sorry kbudden & Jonny, I'll go back to sleep.

Did anyone else notice the plug in Motorsport News this week at the end of the Croft testing article? Nice one.
Old 22 Mar 2002, 18:22 (Ref:241785)   #24
kbudden
Racer

The tests at Brands Hatch will be included as the last stage of the "test" phase. Then its time to finalise your drivers and all the scores will be reset on the evening of Easter Saturday ready for the season proper. I will preserve the test scores for posterity on the site somewhere though.

Glad you noticed the plug in Motorsport News this week - think I owe Matt a beer or two at Brands for that one - now we just need to get it in Autosport!!
Old 22 Mar 2002, 18:37 (Ref:241796)   #25
kbudden
Racer

We've just got some more publicity at www.ananova.com - must all help to boost the image of Formula Renault - they've even mentioned it on their Formula One pages - be sure to pop over there and look at their site, the more people who visit the more likely they are to do Formula Renault things in future.