Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Apr 2006, 16:13 (Ref:1573259)   #1
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone Classic 2006

Early days i know but i thought I would start a thread for this event. I will get things started by saying that www.silverstoneclassic.com is now being updated, a provisional timetable is now available.

Mods, maybe a link in Trackside will also be a good idea?
Old 8 Apr 2006, 11:39 (Ref:1573797)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No saloon or touring cars?
Old 8 Apr 2006, 22:21 (Ref:1574197)   #3
Yimkin
Racer

Yimkin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
No saloon or touring cars?
Sunday has HRSR practice and race - great last year, and looking forward to doing better this time!
Old 10 Apr 2006, 13:56 (Ref:1577622)   #4
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is a shame that the Formula Junior cars have all of their track time on Friday. They seem to have been relegated to Friday at the expense of a pair motorcycle races.It would have been better to have one of the bike races on Friday and the other on either Saturday or Sunday and have the juniors as the replacement on the other day.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 14:06 (Ref:1577630)   #5
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
no Formula Fords at all either...bummer
Old 10 Apr 2006, 14:13 (Ref:1577637)   #6
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The FFs are pretty well catered for throughout the season, though, aren't they Paul, and with their own big meeting at the end of the year, too.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 14:21 (Ref:1577646)   #7
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
O.K. Bin the motorcycles and have one Junior race and one Ford race. I am sure more people would be happier with that arrangement.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 14:34 (Ref:1577657)   #8
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Doesn't seem a proper historic meeting without the FF's though plus it will be their only opportunity to use the GP track
Old 10 Apr 2006, 15:17 (Ref:1577700)   #9
James Murray
Racer

James Murray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs
O.K. Bin the motorcycles and have one Junior race and one Ford race. I am sure more people would be happier with that arrangement.
Definately. With what is predominently a historic racing car meeting why do the bikes need to be there. The people who attend this type of meeting are car enthusiasts not bike enthusiasts. You can't see it working the other way around and presumably the historic bike racers have their own historic "event" and won't be drawn to this one due to the 90% car element.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 19:09 (Ref:1577910)   #10
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
oh dear thats a bit sad really, I have no problem with the bikes being there at all, they are actually more interesting for me than watching Sytner turn up in the best car and win again!

I enjoyed the bikes last year, especially as I didnt know there were there, My Dad loved it as he used to watch them aswell.

So give the guys a break, there really isnt that much of a chance to see some of the stuff on show in this country, some of the bikes are VERY VERY rare, and just as valuable as some of the cars.

Most people in thoise days were not as focussed on two or four wheels, and finally we produced possibly the best two converts on both in Surtess and Hailwood. Think there achievements deserve every bit as much recognition as races that are boring too watch and really only for the competitors.

I would prefer more VSCC stuff myself, hugely entertaining!!
Old 12 Apr 2006, 08:10 (Ref:1579225)   #11
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I think its a shame there arent more tin tops, theyre by far the most popular with spectators.