Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 5 Sep 2013, 15:34 (Ref:3299504)   #151
Tja
Racer

Tja should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend
Sure I have read a recent article - maybe on a team's website - who decided not to use a car due the manufacturer not giving them the blessing to use it.

Can't remember who it was?
John Thorne thought about entering a Range Rover but they told him it wouldn't fit with their marketing strategy. He didn't want to get into problems with them so decided not to do anything. It's in Thorney's latest press release.
http://www.thorney.ms/cms/racing/BTCC_Update.html
Old 5 Sep 2013, 15:38 (Ref:3299505)   #152
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tja View Post
John Thorne thought about entering a Range Rover but they told him it wouldn't fit with their marketing strategy. He didn't want to get into problems with them so decided not to do anything. It's in Thorney's latest press release.
Pie in the sky comes to mind.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 16:42 (Ref:3299541)   #153
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Pie in the sky comes to mind.
Or rather: Tongue in cheek...
Old 5 Sep 2013, 17:08 (Ref:3299559)   #154
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tja View Post

That's the one..
Old 5 Sep 2013, 18:12 (Ref:3299594)   #155
RED55
Racer

Sweden
Banbury
RED55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that Merc CLA looks quite smart, would fit into BTCC pretty well , but then again so would a C class in rwd format , I like it
Old 5 Sep 2013, 18:27 (Ref:3299600)   #156
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I think the Audi is one of the best looking cars on the grid!
At first in 2011 before any stickers were applied, yes I agree with you. Not now with the tacky liveries and the fake front grille. Just doesn't look like as good as an Audi should to me.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 19:24 (Ref:3299620)   #157
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best looking Audi is the one imbedded in the back of the car it's just been tailgating at 90 mph on the motorway
Old 6 Sep 2013, 15:26 (Ref:3299906)   #158
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart thompson View Post
Best looking Audi is the one imbedded in the back of the car it's just been tailgating at 90 mph on the motorway
Unless you're talking about the A5, then I have to agree...
Old 6 Sep 2013, 15:27 (Ref:3299907)   #159
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm amazed that the standard Volvo dealer rumours aren't surfacing yet...
Old 6 Sep 2013, 16:23 (Ref:3299928)   #160
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
I'm amazed that the standard Volvo dealer rumours aren't surfacing yet...
John Clelland?
Old 6 Sep 2013, 16:26 (Ref:3299929)   #161
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
John Clelland?
Am I missing something about Cleland?
Old 6 Sep 2013, 16:29 (Ref:3299932)   #162
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Am I missing something about Cleland?
The Volvo dealer who drove works Vauxhalls !
Old 6 Sep 2013, 17:01 (Ref:3299942)   #163
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can I ask is there anything coming from this KIA rumour or can we now rule it out?
Old 6 Sep 2013, 21:14 (Ref:3300011)   #164
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
Can I ask is there anything coming from this KIA rumour or can we now rule it out?
No you can't ask it.
Old 7 Sep 2013, 14:55 (Ref:3300195)   #165
pinkd56
Racer

England
Luton
pinkd56 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
This is just a concept for now - or rather a sales pitch... "if you are willing to pay, we'll build it to your specifications"...
Same deal as the Global Focus concept really
Old 7 Sep 2013, 14:56 (Ref:3300197)   #166
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It looks like the Chris James' Vectras are finally going to sell at auction [no reserve] on 12th September here and here.
Old 7 Sep 2013, 16:06 (Ref:3300209)   #167
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Have you seen the rest of the lot list for that auction. Who on earth thought of selling a couple of touring cars in an auction full of construction plant. Not sure what the Vectras have in common with a load of JCBs, other than being big, yellow and slow of course.
Old 7 Sep 2013, 17:58 (Ref:3300231)   #168
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
I doubt we will see any new works teams next year.
Old 7 Sep 2013, 22:37 (Ref:3300314)   #169
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Have you seen the rest of the lot list for that auction. Who on earth thought of selling a couple of touring cars in an auction full of construction plant. Not sure what the Vectras have in common with a load of JCBs, other than being big, yellow and slow of course.
Chris used his car for trying to demolish certain bits of circuits, Armco, tyre walls and other cars, so there is a likeness to JCB's, also I think his Vectra scooped up quite a lot if gravel in it time, so quite apt really!
Old 8 Sep 2013, 09:10 (Ref:3300427)   #170
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Yes very strange indeed. I wonder whether he's willingly auctioning them or whether they [along with other stuff belong to him/his business] is being auctioned by somebody else... if you know what I mean (!)
Old 9 Sep 2013, 08:57 (Ref:3300885)   #171
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Chris used his car for trying to demolish certain bits of circuits, Armco, tyre walls and other cars, so there is a likeness to JCB's, also I think his Vectra scooped up quite a lot if gravel in it time, so quite apt really!
Very true.

I imagine the sale is just desperation since there will be no S2000 class next year. Where else could these cars be raced?
Old 9 Sep 2013, 10:15 (Ref:3300915)   #172
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimRTC View Post
Very true.

I imagine the sale is just desperation since there will be no S2000 class next year. Where else could these cars be raced?
Britcar and some asian markets like Dubai

most of the old BTC Integras went there
Old 9 Sep 2013, 12:31 (Ref:3300963)   #173
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Also ETCC and Procar here in Germany if one reinstalls the S2000-spec engine.

Procar could really use them, right now. An S2000 field made up of 3 Bimmers is just not cutting it.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 14:05 (Ref:3301009)   #174
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Also ETCC and Procar here in Germany if one reinstalls the S2000-spec engine.

Procar could really use them, right now. An S2000 field made up of 3 Bimmers is just not cutting it.
There may be a few available at the end of ths season if people don't mind the work re-installing the S2000 engines, if the rest of the Gris is full of NGTC cars
Old 9 Sep 2013, 17:23 (Ref:3301082)   #175
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig Revell recently interviewed Alan Gow when he was in Oz, some of it is about the BTCC

http://sportradio.com.au/?p=2010