Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Feb 2002, 13:20 (Ref:210108)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by I Ate Yoko Ono
I've followed GTs since Group C circa 82 when I was a wee lad. I'd go for the following since then (in no particular ordr):

Jacky Ickx
Allan McNish
Yannick Dalmas
Martin Brundle
Bernd Schneider
Derek Bell
Teo Fabi (blindingly fast in that '91 Jaguar)...

Of all time? You'd have to include Moss of course, the Rodriguez brothers, Hans Stuck.....the list list could go on indefinitely!!

Some other goodies....Al Holbert, Derek Warwick, David Leslie (don't forget C2!), Tom Christensen, Jan Lammers, Bob Wollek, Henri Pescarolo, Stefan Bellof......sorry I'll stop now...
Hi there! Haven't seen you in these parts recently? I reckon that's a pretty good list!
Old 4 Feb 2002, 15:17 (Ref:210148)   #27
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am going to have to go with Brian Redman. He and Siffert combined for five wins in 1969, and a couple more in 1970, including the fastest ever open road race at Spa, with an average speed of 149mph+. They also combined to win the Targa Florio. Brian won plenty of sportscar races including being the very first GTP champion and winning three consecutive F-5000 championships against competition from guys like Mario Andretti and Al Unser.

Sadly, LeMans always eluded Redman. He has led the race on many occasions, even enjoyed a commanding lead, only to be let down by mechanical failure or a teammate's mistake.

Plus, he is probably the finest gentleman and ambassador that the sport has. What Graham Hill was to F-1, Brian is surely to sportscars. He tirelessly works to run vintage racing in the US, assuring we will continue to see the past treasures in full glory. Even after his retirement, Brian still enhances the sport.
Old 29 Jun 2003, 19:56 (Ref:646405)   #28
Lewis
Rookie

Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I Think Tom Kristensen is the best in the world at the moment!
Old 29 Jun 2003, 20:30 (Ref:646435)   #29
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tom Kristensen has success with its cars as J.Ickx, D. Bell, H. Pescarolo had before him.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 01:16 (Ref:646672)   #30
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For me its got to be.

Kristensen
Biela
Smith
Pescatori
Ickx
Bell
Bourdais
Old 30 Jun 2003, 02:44 (Ref:646721)   #31
wibblywobbly
Rookie

wibblywobbly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know if they are the best, but I do support them!
James Weaver
Butch Leitzinger
Andy Wallace
David and Geoff Brabham
Jan Magnuson
Stefan Belloff
David Hobbs
This list could go on and on!
Old 30 Jun 2003, 06:51 (Ref:646787)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good to see this thread surface again......

Difficult to argue against Tom Kristensen at the moment, IMO.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 08:09 (Ref:646861)   #33
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
still Ickx for me

Ciao Marco
Old 30 Jun 2003, 12:00 (Ref:647093)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, not disagreeing (that's why I added the "at the moment" reference )
Old 30 Jun 2003, 19:44 (Ref:647591)   #35
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Off course Kristensen is/was on the right time at the right place. But no doubt that he is very good driver.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 06:27 (Ref:648004)   #36
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Next year I think Allan McNish should forget about wasting more time trying to get into F1 and team up with Kristenson and Capello. What a team that would be!
Old 1 Jul 2003, 10:40 (Ref:648171)   #37
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I think the best at the moment are Kristensen (of course), Lehto, and, if they were back in sportscars, McNish and Schneider (well, what did you expect me to say?!). Other than that, it'd be the usual list, I suppose: Ickx, Stuck, Bell, Rodriguez, Dalmas, Wollek, Alboreto, Pescarolo, Bellof, Johansson, Siffert. Honourable mentions also to Phil Hill, John Surtees and Thierry Boutsen.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 12:07 (Ref:648285)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Give Andy Wallace a top notch drive and I still think he'd be pushing some of the current stars.......

Was Stefan Johansson really a great sportscar driver.......? I like Stefan of course and I know he's won Le Mans, but I'm slightly uncomfortable with his name in such exalted company.....
Old 1 Jul 2003, 13:22 (Ref:648404)   #39
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Yes, forgot Wallace. Weaver too. I think Johansson is pretty special; he did Group C races at the same time as F1 (why won't anyone do that now??? Perhaps we need a thread on that...) and has won several of the big races. Plus, he's still pretty quick, even in his late 40s. And the only (ever?) European Le Mans Series Champion.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 13:41 (Ref:648424)   #40
edu
Rookie

Brazil
São Paulo - BR
edu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The best Brazilian pilot of GT is the Ingo Hoffmann. He was champion 12 times in the 24 championships of Stock-Car.

When it divided an car with Nélson Piquet and Jonhy Ceccoto, was 1s faster than they.

It had never run of Porsche, and soon in its first turn it made the time of pole in the 1000 Miles Brazilian. Detail: The hydraulical assistance of the direction, in an assembly imperfection, was off. Franz Konrad and the world-wide champion Raul Boesel also was running this day, in others Porsche GT-RS.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 14:10 (Ref:648448)   #41
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Top 10, in modern era:
1. Tom Kristensen
2. Jacky Ickx
3. Klaus Ludwig
4. Pedro Rodriques
5. Stefan Bellof
6. Al Holbert
7. Derek Bell
8. Martin Brundell
9. Yannick Dalmas
10. Jean-Pierre Jaussaud
Old 2 Jul 2003, 09:44 (Ref:649357)   #42
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great thread - could go on forever. All-time greats (excluding prewar as my knowledge of Nuvolari, Chinetti and the like is not sufficient!), not necessarily in order:

Moss
Ickx
Rodriguez
Siffert
Bell
Andretti (Mario, obviously!)

Others who get pretty close:

Bellof
Mass
Pescarolo
Redman
Elford - seems to get forgotten, but you can't argue with 3 Nurb 1000Km wins!
Brundle
Hawthorn

Think I'll leave my 'Modern' list for another message, as could get carried away!
Old 3 Jul 2003, 13:23 (Ref:650882)   #43
racing4real
Rookie

racing4real should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sospiri?

What about Vicenzo Sospiri? ISRS champ in 98 and SRWC champ in 99. Drove with Brundle and Collard at Le Mans also.

I saw in Autosport he's racing with Peter Cate in a Lotus in the British GTs at Oulton Park!
Old 3 Jul 2003, 15:09 (Ref:650967)   #44
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No mention of Mario Baldi, not the greatest, but still note-worthy.
Old 3 Jul 2003, 18:03 (Ref:651137)   #45
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Pil - 'Slight correction....it's MAURO baldi...

jimclark
Old 3 Jul 2003, 21:13 (Ref:651323)   #46
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
At present you have to say Tom Kristensen
Old 28 Jul 2003, 23:44 (Ref:673774)   #47
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The best sportcar driver is the man standing at my right:
Attached Thumbnails
with bob.jpg  
Old 29 Jul 2003, 01:14 (Ref:673815)   #48
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Very much missed is Mr. Wollek.

For me it was Pedro Rodriguez.
Old 29 Jul 2003, 12:52 (Ref:674267)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Nice shot to have there Pascal. I always thought it one of the greatest shames that Bob never won Le Mans.