Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 24 Mar 2008, 23:47 (Ref:2160742)   #1
vw_nut
Veteran

England
hereford
vw_nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
brands hatch!

firstly what a great and surprising meeting i would like the say there trucks where for me had a great time with generally great people and the trucks where brilliant.

ok sorry guys but moan time now i camped this weekedn in a tent and drove a total of 500+ miles to do the meeting i wanted to do, so before you all just call me mad i would like to say i don't care where i camp anywhere with ground is fine but for the love of god not everyone has a van and toliet some of us do have tents even in this weather so toliets perhaps an idea!!!!!! small moan perhaps but can imagine trying to go from public camping to the loo near the kentagon at 4 in the morning for the loo though the main gate. to what i believe where locked!
Old 25 Mar 2008, 01:37 (Ref:2160788)   #2
danccooke
Veteran

England
West Sussex
danccooke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A common moan I have had, Brands is my favourite circuit that I marshal, and my least favourite when it comes to facilities in the campsite. Unless it is a biggy, BTCC, A1GP, WTCC. it is hiking time for the loo's it doesn't appear to matter who you request/complain/moan too. we still **** out (pun intended)
Old 25 Mar 2008, 08:22 (Ref:2160886)   #3
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
It might be worth contacting MSV before the event to ask what facilities are going to be available. I know it's not a big help but at least it would give you the opportunity to look for alternative campsites if necessary? I don't want to get into a long arguement over camping facilities at circuits as it's been done before. Let's just say there's no obvious solution that's agreeable to both parties.

I would like to say a huge thanks to all of you that came on Saturday and Sunday and braved what have to be some of the worst conditions for some time. I hope many of you will have benefited from the marshals raffle money put in by the Lotus Elise series each day?
Old 25 Mar 2008, 09:42 (Ref:2160979)   #4
mini1400
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chelmsford, Essex
mini1400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
It might be worth contacting MSV before the event to ask what facilities are going to be available.
For the really big meetings we have our own campsite with loos.
For the small meetings we camp in Grey parking which is a short walk from the Kentagon.
For medium to large meetings we get put on Racing Green and have no facilities....
Old 25 Mar 2008, 18:33 (Ref:2161367)   #5
vw_nut
Veteran

England
hereford
vw_nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well i understand it hard to provide for everyone particularly when we are in public camping, all i need is a loo

Last edited by Stephen Green; 25 Mar 2008 at 18:37.