Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 17 Jan 2006, 18:12 (Ref:1503261)   #26
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Production BMW Championship (nee Miltek) will be running on Toyo R888 control tyres Al.

I haven't got my head around Pre-93 weights yet, other than to note that I cannot get anywhere near the minimum.
Old 17 Jan 2006, 18:38 (Ref:1503275)   #27
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks John, I just went back in and saw that, duh! They don't do the Toyos in the size I want, shame.
Old 17 Jan 2006, 19:24 (Ref:1503309)   #28
johnw
Veteran

England
225x50x15 coming soon Al. 225x45x16 available now, so guess that you are looking for wider section.

If you want the Kumhos, Michedever have the best prices and choice of compounds.
The Kumho BM's run specific compound and sizes and the price is controlled even to registered competitors.
Old 17 Jan 2006, 19:40 (Ref:1503322)   #29
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A couple of sets in 205/60x14 would be handy if you can persuade them John.
Old 17 Jan 2006, 19:59 (Ref:1503335)   #30
johnw
Veteran

England
I'll ask, but you can get Avon AVS and AVR's and Bridgestone RE 701's in that size.
Again try Micheldever.
Old 17 Jan 2006, 20:23 (Ref:1503349)   #31
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks John, I also may try WS Tyremasters as I believe they are a Kumho dealer and in my area. The 225's would be too small, I reckon the 265 Kumhos will fit the bill and be a good compromise from a full slick as a set of tyres a race is not on with my budget. Mind you if I run those it means I run in class B in the CT with Sierra Cossies and lightweight turbos etc, I think I would rather stay with the big heavyweight boys in class A, is this optional does anyone know or do you have to drop a class when running List 1b tyres?
Old 17 Jan 2006, 20:37 (Ref:1503360)   #32
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
John - Not at £45!
Old 17 Jan 2006, 20:45 (Ref:1503363)   #33
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
Al - just register on the engine size.

The class drop for List tyres could be open to interpretation. If someone runs 1b tyres as wets due to a rain soaked race do they drop a class?
Old 17 Jan 2006, 20:49 (Ref:1503365)   #34
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Good point. I would have thought it must be what you enter for at your discretion.
Old 18 Jan 2006, 17:28 (Ref:1503887)   #35
johnw
Veteran

England
Tyre request is in carrera and Al, however, looking at tyre pricing generally it's obvious that less popular sizes are significantly more expensive from any supplier.

Al, you elect the class in which you want to run. Can't see changing classes based upon weather as being a sensible move

I've registered for CT as well, but will use the same tyres as I use in Pre-93. Slicks not within my budget - and it will keep me away from the Cossie Sierras.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 20:53 (Ref:1508366)   #36
Chris Griffin
Racer

England
Theale, Berkshire, UK
Chris Griffin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Race Dates are up chaps - http://www.classictouringcars.com/pages/dates.asp

Two Dunlop "Great and British" Meetings and The Brands CSMA Festival!
Old 24 Jan 2006, 22:31 (Ref:1508421)   #37
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Thanks Chris. Tell me this the French rounds, how does one do those unless you have the international licence and will they count for championship points because if guys can't do them because of licence issues, car not being FIA legal, costs, time etc it seems a bit unfair for a British based championship. Not that I am doing all the rounds anyhow but if I was and had the ability to go for the championship I would prehaps be a bit miffed.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 22:33 (Ref:1508425)   #38
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
British championships have been going to Croix for years though. And I believe you still just need a UK licence etc.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 22:35 (Ref:1508428)   #39
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
What about the car? From posts I have read here (Zefs and Peter Mallet's for example) it seems they have to be to some sort of FIA standards. And what ever way you look at it with ferries etc and very long weekend it is going to be one very expensive trip. I remember BARC wanted us (ModProds) to do a round at Jurby, when the costs started breaking down everyone just said no way and it was cancelled. France will obviously be cheaper than the Ise of Man I guess but even so for guys like me with a business to run I cannot shut down for several days.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 22:42 (Ref:1508435)   #40
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just dug out the programme from BARC's Croix meeting in 2004. It has an MSA permit, and all of the officials and marshals (other than the breakdown vehicle!) were British. Therefore I think I am right in saying that effectively MSA rules count and Croix is just a (very) little corner of Britain for the day.

I think CTCRC have been there before on at least one occasion - anyone got any experiences of that?
Old 24 Jan 2006, 22:52 (Ref:1508449)   #41
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Long way to go for a 10/15 minute motor race though what ever way you look at it. Fair enough if thats what people want who am I to argue, just one round I will not be able to attend.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 23:07 (Ref:1508463)   #42
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Long way to go for a 10/15 minute motor race though what ever way you look at it. Fair enough if thats what people want who am I to argue, just one round I will not be able to attend.
Closer than Pembrey, Oulton and Croft for me!

Only 5 Classic Thunder rounds?
Old 24 Jan 2006, 23:17 (Ref:1508476)   #43
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Yes but you don't have a very expensive stretch of water to cross with a trailer in the height of the season!

6 CT rounds if you count the two at Snet. Still not many though I agree. Actually I am surprised ther is not a CT round in France as they have a French Camaro driver in the CT class, who comes over apparently just for the racing.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 23:25 (Ref:1508482)   #44
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

why so few classic thunder rounds and no CADWELL PARK
Old 24 Jan 2006, 23:31 (Ref:1508492)   #45
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Yes I agree or no Coombe.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 09:15 (Ref:1508648)   #46
Chris Griffin
Racer

England
Theale, Berkshire, UK
Chris Griffin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CTCRC have been to Croix twice in the past as have many other UK championships. The day is effectively a BARC run event under MSA regs.

CT are also at Oulton in August I am now informed.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 15:53 (Ref:1508888)   #47
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Fair enough as I say who am I to complain I am the new boy and if guys like to do trips like that then fine, I'll just have to do something else that weekend as I don't want to get involved in trips abroad and all the time, expence and hassle and besides they may not let me back in :-)
Old 25 Jan 2006, 16:38 (Ref:1508919)   #48
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We went to Croix a few times with the Super Road Saloons.

A good laugh but very expensive (time off, ferry crossing, food etc).

Now I have the motorhome I would do it again, without it I wouldn't.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 17:21 (Ref:1508949)   #49
johnw
Veteran

England
We are working on getting the best deals available for Ferry and accommodation.
I've been there with the BARC before. Hotel rooms about £30 per night, Ferry £90 or so (Car and trailer).
I found the whole weekend cheaper than the one at Pembrey (I'm based in the South East), and treated it like a weekend holiday.

Can't guarantee your safe return through immigration , but I'd give it a try if you can take a long weekend from work.

Circuit is not that unlike Lydden, so you either like it or loathe it. Went with some doubt the first time, but have had lots of fun each time.

The cicuit is less than 90 mins from Calais, so it's alot shorter journey than some UK circuits.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 18:31 (Ref:1508990)   #50
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Blimey all that way and expense to race at another Lydden, past.