Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Sep 2022, 13:44 (Ref:4124981)   #2801
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
He knows very, very little and continually falls for tall, but clever, stories spun to him by crew members who all laugh at him behind his back. I guess he probably knows, but it’s his job and I guess he wants to keep it.
The guy is a journalist, presenter and producer, who has worked for the BBC, ITV and SkySports in the F1 paddock for over 10 years. Before that LBC and other radio stations.

He plays the class clown at times, but I’d emphasise plays the role as a style of obtaining info. He also uses that as a way of getting what can be complex F1 info across to a viewership who may not fully understand the mechanics or internal politics of F1.
Old 5 Sep 2022, 13:51 (Ref:4124984)   #2802
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
The guy is a journalist, presenter and producer, who has worked for the BBC, ITV and SkySports in the F1 paddock for over 10 years. Before that LBC and other radio stations.

He plays the class clown at times, but I’d emphasise plays the role as a style of obtaining info. He also uses that as a way of getting what can be complex F1 info across to a viewership who may not fully understand the mechanics or internal politics of F1.
Winding him up and watching him fall for it is a paddock game.

To have someone who can help viewers better understand, they should maybe use someone who has a better understanding themself.

He’s like a Facebook fan who’s won a weekend pass in a raffle.
Old 5 Sep 2022, 13:54 (Ref:4124985)   #2803
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
-his adamant insistence that Sainz pit stop fiasco #1 was due to the mechanics not having enough time to get the tyres out.Ignored that 3 of the tyres were out there.
That's not what he said? He said a tyre was in the wrong blanket. The mechanic unwrapped the tyre to find the wrong round rubber thing in there and didn't have enough time to find the correct one.
Old 5 Sep 2022, 14:14 (Ref:4124989)   #2804
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

To have someone who can help viewers better understand, they should maybe use someone who has a better understanding themself.

With respect, how do we know people in the paddock aren’t winding you up then?

Far too much misinformation disinformation and straight up lies coming out of the paddock for my liking.

Much prefer we keep our own counsel here and discuss the sports as we fans see fit.
Old 5 Sep 2022, 14:41 (Ref:4124991)   #2805
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
This says more about some of these people in the paddock than Croft. Some people are just patronizing and it’s worse when they like being nasty. Shame the F1 paddock is like that.

Quote:
I’m not particularly a fan, but I stop at being nasty.

Quote:
So a fan rather than a uppity “clever” person.
Old 5 Sep 2022, 14:42 (Ref:4124993)   #2806
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
That's not what he said? He said a tyre was in the wrong blanket. The mechanic unwrapped the tyre to find the wrong round rubber thing in there and didn't have enough time to find the correct one.
Whereas my example was definitely someone shouting down someone else for being wrong. Even though they weren’t, but turns out it wasn’t Croft.
Old 5 Sep 2022, 15:53 (Ref:4125013)   #2807
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
This says more about some of these people in the paddock than Croft. Some people are just patronizing and it’s worse when they like being nasty. Shame the F1 paddock is like that.

I’m not particularly a fan, but I stop at being nasty.

So a fan rather than a uppity “clever” person.
Croft? I though that this was about Ted Kravitz.

Yes, he’s a fan. Someone with more actual F1 knowledge would be a serious upgrade for the viewers.
Old 5 Sep 2022, 16:02 (Ref:4125018)   #2808
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Given the choice, which would you go for, Ted Slotover or Ted Kravitz?

Kravitz sounds faster
Old 5 Sep 2022, 16:55 (Ref:4125027)   #2809
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Croft? I though that this was about Ted Kravitz.

Yes, he’s a fan. Someone with more actual F1 knowledge would be a serious upgrade for the viewers.
My mistake I got that wrong. I forgot who we were being nasty about.

Whatever, my point about it reflecting badly on people in the paddock remains.

Ted’s fine.
Old 5 Sep 2022, 16:59 (Ref:4125028)   #2810
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Kravitz sounds faster

We’ve known about the name thing for years. I was originally told about it from someone in the paddock.

IIRC its origin is from his mother’s side.

And you can see why he uses it - if people are going to pick on him in the paddock.
Old 5 Sep 2022, 17:03 (Ref:4125029)   #2811
peebee2
Veteran

LOL, people don’t pick on him in the paddock. It’s just that he’s known for being utterly clueless about F1 and other motor racing.
Old 5 Sep 2022, 17:09 (Ref:4125030)   #2812
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Sorry I got the impression from your post that people in the paddock were taking joy in laughing at him behind his back after they’d fed him incorrect stories. And that he probably knows this, but that doesn’t stop them, because they know they can.
Old 5 Sep 2022, 17:10 (Ref:4125031)   #2813
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Now I feel super dumb, cause I actually find the broadcast entertaining for whatever reason
Old 5 Sep 2022, 17:31 (Ref:4125033)   #2814
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Now I feel super dumb, cause I actually find the broadcast entertaining for whatever reason
Don’t worry. It’s an entertainment business. He entertains you. That’s fine. I’m sure that’s why he has kept the job so long to be fair. Just don’t take it as accurate news. Especially technical or rules stuff.
Old 6 Sep 2022, 01:27 (Ref:4125068)   #2815
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Ted Kravitz ( made up name) The Ego has landed
All names are made up.
Old 6 Sep 2022, 04:38 (Ref:4125074)   #2816
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To me, whats been evident of late (from a non UK resident perspective) is that the team REALLY misses Brundle when hes not there. at least he has a semblance of balance and open mindedness and can call it based on experience without being overly patriotic. Croft and Kravitz are pure cringe, and Button doesn't seem to have a strong enough personality / voice to make a difference. De Resta, seems to be able to balance things with Croft a bit better and Schiff seems quite good but would probably get shouted all over. This weekend it was pretty cringe all round. Maybe they can give Alex Brundle a run when his old man isnt there.... cant be any worse and at least he sounds the same.
Old 6 Sep 2022, 08:12 (Ref:4125088)   #2817
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Removing Kravitz, who adds nothing to the coverage and analysis, would be the first change made.

Then persude Ant Davidson to do all the races, as he is probably the best of the team for analysing and explaining the technical and tactical aspects of the events.
Old 6 Sep 2022, 10:06 (Ref:4125092)   #2818
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post

Then persude Ant Davidson to do all the races, as he is probably the best of the team for analysing and explaining the technical and tactical aspects of the events.
Ant also does the WEC Championship for Eurosport and so is at Fuji this weekend for instance, so N/A for Sky, and then at Bahrain in Nov for the WEC event there. Plus he is also the Merc F1 Development and simulator driver. So he has plenty of other commitments beyond F1 with Sky.
Old 6 Sep 2022, 12:14 (Ref:4125111)   #2819
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Di Resta was starting to find his feet with along side Croft at events where Brundle didn’t attend. Not sure why they changed this time around to have Jensen (Hamilton tinted glasses) Button do the qually and race.
Old 6 Sep 2022, 15:02 (Ref:4125132)   #2820
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
have yet to warm to Di Resta but must admit he does present a more balanced and natural approach then the others. Brundle is way too exaggerated for my tastes while Button and Rosberg try to hard to be diplomatic.

would like to see more Chandhok in the booth but did he miss his chance?

either way, they have way too many pundits fighting over each other trying to say 'relevant' things imo.
Old 6 Sep 2022, 21:42 (Ref:4125161)   #2821
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
I am normally a Kravitz fan but this weekend 2 howlers
-his refusal to comment on the Alpine driver situation even when saying he would do so and being repeatedly asked.Bizarre
-his adamant insistence that Sainz pit stop fiasco #1 was due to the mechanics not having enough time to get the tyres out.Ignored that 3 of the tyres were out there.
I think there was more to it.

Croft went to Ted just as they were going for an ad break and Ted didn't feel that would allow him enough time to offer his full tuppence worth on the saga. This is why he 'refused' to answer Croft and suggested coming back to him a bit later on.

It also often feels like Croft asks Kravitz questions during a sequence and then a team radio message comes up and he cuts him off!

I don't know if thst is coincidental, or on purpose?
Old 6 Sep 2022, 23:36 (Ref:4125167)   #2822
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I think there was more to it.

Croft went to Ted just as they were going for an ad break and Ted didn't feel that would allow him enough time to offer his full tuppence worth on the saga. This is why he 'refused' to answer Croft and suggested coming back to him a bit later on.

It also often feels like Croft asks Kravitz questions during a sequence and then a team radio message comes up and he cuts him off!

I don't know if thst is coincidental, or on purpose?
Certainly the Kravitz, and the imminent break was "unsightly" and really shouldn't happen "on air", I'd suggest knowing the depth of the topic, Croft who didn't have his best weekend threw Kravitz under the bus with that one, given they were on a countdown to a commercial.

As to the team radio, those are on the world feed Audio and so it's it's shut up or talk over it. If Sky were to lower the world feed audio that would lower the race sounds as well.
Don't get me wrong they have done that before, but it's usually when there is little track action, and Sky are able to side by side their own pit camera with the World feed.
Old 30 Sep 2022, 15:57 (Ref:4127973)   #2823
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sky Sports F1 confirmed as the exclusive home of F1 for UK broadcasting out to 2029.
Old 30 Sep 2022, 15:58 (Ref:4127974)   #2824
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Sky Sports F1 confirmed as the exclusive home of F1 for UK broadcasting out to 2029.
Presumably this is for live coverage and C4 will still be able to transmit highlights on Free to Air?
Old 30 Sep 2022, 16:05 (Ref:4127976)   #2825
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Presumably this is for live coverage and C4 will still be able to transmit highlights on Free to Air?
"The multi-year extension also cements Sky as the official broadcaster of F1 in all Sky markets, with Sky Italia and Sky Deutschland, Austria and Switzerland retaining rights until the end of 2027 with greater exclusivity.

As part of the award-winning coverage, all races, qualifying and practice sessions will continue to be exclusively live on Sky Sports F1, while live home nation races and highlights of all other races will be shared on free-to-air."

Tags
pinks