Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Dec 2019, 00:19 (Ref:3946411)   #26
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Ah, that's how you spell the exhaust noise.

rengdengdeng..
Hehehe we always used to refer to the old 2 stroke 125cc(?) BSA Bantam a friend owned as a "dang-da-dang, because of the exhaust noise it made at tickover.
Old 13 Dec 2019, 07:45 (Ref:3946455)   #27
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Nothing like the song of a 750 Kwak at WOT in the morning…
Old 13 Dec 2019, 08:35 (Ref:3946471)   #28
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Ah, that's how you spell the exhaust noise.

rengdengdeng..

actually, this is really an East German term, mainly used for Trabants,
beeing West German I just appropriated it, because it is so well coined

And yes, "Rengdengdeng" is the idle sound
it changes to a high pitched wail at maximum revs

Coming to a racetrack near you...

Rudoolf
Old 13 Dec 2019, 11:42 (Ref:3946488)   #29
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
actually, this is really an East German term, mainly used for Trabants,
beeing West German I just appropriated it, because it is so well coined

And yes, "Rengdengdeng" is the idle sound
it changes to a high pitched wail at maximum revs

Coming to a racetrack near you...

Rudoolf
Looking forward to seeing/hearing it again
Old 13 Dec 2019, 17:23 (Ref:3946557)   #30
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do I need to be a member of the landed gentry to buy tickets for the MM? I thought they sold a few to regular bozos but can't find any on the Goodwood website.
Old 13 Dec 2019, 18:15 (Ref:3946571)   #31
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmondo View Post
Do I need to be a member of the landed gentry to buy tickets for the MM? I thought they sold a few to regular bozos but can't find any on the Goodwood website.
Not any more. You have to pay £40 or so first before you are allowed to buy a ticket. Really is members only
Old 13 Dec 2019, 18:25 (Ref:3946577)   #32
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, thanks. I expect we'll stump up the extra £80 for the pair of us. Those are going to be two expensive car stickers.
Old 14 Dec 2019, 12:29 (Ref:3946681)   #33
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GRRC members can buy multiple tickets so there may be someone here who can assist (I'm not renewing my membership this time).
Old 11 Feb 2020, 09:24 (Ref:3956918)   #34
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't suppose anyone has a timetable, or at least an idea yet of what is happening on which day have they?

I have been offered a ticket for either day, and don't want to miss the best of the on track action!

Thanks,

Simon
Old 11 Feb 2020, 14:14 (Ref:3956943)   #35
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
If anyone is visiting Goodwood nearer the time it would be really helpful to have an update on car park muddiness. I was glad that I took my winter tyre shod 4x4 Yeti in 2018 but much preferred the journey in my MX5, which I took last year . But I don't want to get stuck as it is hopeless on slippy stuff .
Old 14 Feb 2020, 11:18 (Ref:3957579)   #36
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowen250 View Post
I don't suppose anyone has a timetable, or at least an idea yet of what is happening on which day have they?

I have been offered a ticket for either day, and don't want to miss the best of the on track action!

Thanks,

Simon
Simon, most if the racing is on Sunday, I'm there both days. I will post a timetable when it appears, Richard(South Bank veteran aka just racing)
Old 14 Feb 2020, 12:25 (Ref:3957592)   #37
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Simon, most if the racing is on Sunday, I'm there both days. I will post a timetable when it appears, Richard(South Bank veteran aka just racing)
Cheers Richard! I shall see you there on the Saturday, the lure of the party with Fireworks proved strong enough to tempt my other half to come. Plus i now need to potentially be at the BTCC round Sunday at Donington. If i don't see you at the MM il see you at Brands before too long I'm sure.

Simon
Old 25 Feb 2020, 16:51 (Ref:3959803)   #38
twincamtommy
Rookie

United Kingdom
Essex
twincamtommy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is the criteria for being invited to Goodwood please.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 17:01 (Ref:3959808)   #39
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is this as a driver or spectator?
Old 25 Feb 2020, 17:06 (Ref:3959810)   #40
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Well , if the Duke is a grammar pedant , I am afraid you'll have to wait until you stop saying 'criteria' when you mean 'criterion ' ...

I don't know the answer, but somebody on here will I'm sure . Ownership of something interesting, and period correct (-ish...!) must help .
Old 25 Feb 2020, 18:07 (Ref:3959833)   #41
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Well , if the Duke is a grammar pedant , I am afraid you'll have to wait until you stop saying 'criteria' when you mean 'criterion ' ...

I don't know the answer, but somebody on here will I'm sure . Ownership of something interesting, and period correct (-ish...!) must help .
Says the man that doesn't know how to use a full stop
Old 25 Feb 2020, 18:19 (Ref:3959837)   #42
twincamtommy
Rookie

United Kingdom
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Sorry guys's about the grammar, but the reason for the question is I am restoring an original Gp1 24h Spa Capri.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 18:23 (Ref:3959838)   #43
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It will comply if built to the BSCC 1980 regs. You'd also need to let them know.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 18:54 (Ref:3959844)   #44
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by twincamtommy View Post
Sorry guys's about the grammar, but the reason for the question is I am restoring an original Gp1 24h Spa Capri.

You will need to email Goodwood with information about Your car and about Your competition experience.

They are not that keen on complete novices to reduce risk of accidents
If You an experienced pair of hands, great
if not race elsewhere first then make a pitch

also try to race and shakedown the car first
You dont want to go to Goodwood, spend the money and suffer a breakdown
Goodwood dont want that either, really
having some results under your belt WITH THAT CAR will help your case

I will PM You the email adress

RuE
Old 25 Feb 2020, 19:04 (Ref:3959846)   #45
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
my competitors pack for the members meeting arrived fine last weekend

thankfully Goodwood seems to have reverted to a reliable carrier

a few years ago they used GLS and that turned out to be a complete nightmare at least here in Germany, I chased the package for about three weeks of contradicting messages until it was time to pack and leave for UK

Buuut, the Goodwood team went out of their way to sort me and had a replacement pack ready for me at the track

get ready for some two stroke wail and some exhaust fumes
the finest sound since Beethoven and the sweetest smell since (beeeep)

RuE
Old 25 Feb 2020, 19:13 (Ref:3959847)   #46
twincamtommy
Rookie

United Kingdom
Essex
Thanks for the info guys
Old 26 Feb 2020, 07:55 (Ref:3959949)   #47
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post

A stranger to the ellipsis then ?
Old 26 Feb 2020, 09:24 (Ref:3959961)   #48
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
A stranger to the ellipsis then ?
Good point!
Old 2 Mar 2020, 21:37 (Ref:3961101)   #49
SpartacusF
Rookie

SpartacusF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A friend is a member and has invited me - so excited. A couple of etiquette questions for the cognoscenti here. First off what's your advice on the dress code? Any faux pas to avoid? Next, where's a good place on-site for lunch I can book for the group, by way of a thank you?
Old 2 Mar 2020, 21:42 (Ref:3961103)   #50
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
There's no dress code other than warm. That said some tend to wear slacks rather than jeans.

As to somewhere to eat, take plenty of wonga if you're thinking of treating your friends. Might be best to buy them supper and watch the fireworks on the Saturday.