Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 10 Oct 2012, 01:11 (Ref:3149129)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Petit Le Mans 2012

Well it is getting close, so I thought it would be time to open the race thread! The entry list has been updated today (Oct 9). This should be a really tight race in LMP2 and GT, so much can happen over the 1000 miles. I have to miss this years race, but will be puling out my camping gear to rub some red Georgia clay all over myself while I watch on tv so I can really feel like I'm there!

Schedule

Entry List

Timing & Scoring

ESPN3 Video

ALMS Video

Track Map

Spotters Guide

Weather

World Times
Old 10 Oct 2012, 02:00 (Ref:3149140)   #2
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
WooHoo bring it on!
Old 10 Oct 2012, 02:25 (Ref:3149144)   #3
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am excited to go yet sad as it could be the last one with a decent size grid of ACO cars. I will bet money to boost the grid next year they will invite Grand Am cars as a gesture of good faith and as field filler as they won't have the boost of the ELMS cars. Add to that the Oct. 19 date clash with the WEC and the expected lower LMP counts in the ALMS next year and LMP1 and 2 look pretty sad for a 10 hour race. I can barely justify going this year, unless things change dramatically (i.e. make it a round of the ELMS) I really doubt I'll go so I'm making this one count.
Old 10 Oct 2012, 03:49 (Ref:3149168)   #4
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh snap! Race thread!

Sorry you can't make it Joe, that's a bummer. We'll pitch at tent by the comfort station in your honor.
Old 10 Oct 2012, 11:16 (Ref:3149347)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I have to miss this years race, but will be puling out my camping gear to rub some red Georgia clay all over myself while I watch on tv so I can really feel like I'm there!
you should have plenty left on the gear.

Gonna miss you this year, joeb, but very much looking forward to the race, even with the "lack luster" grid.
Old 11 Oct 2012, 01:42 (Ref:3149707)   #6
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We got some big guns in interesting lineups, Richard Lietz is in the Paul Miller Racing car and ESM is bringing Tony Vilander and Anthony Lazzaro

http://www.alms.com/articles/porsche...-petit-le-mans

http://www.alms.com/articles/esm-pat...-petit-le-mans
Old 11 Oct 2012, 14:36 (Ref:3149993)   #7
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
We got some big guns in interesting lineups, Richard Lietz is in the Paul Miller Racing car and ESM is bringing Tony Vilander and Anthony Lazzaro

The additions of Vilander and Lazzaro should up the prospects for both the 01 and the 02 somewhat.

DK
Old 11 Oct 2012, 15:25 (Ref:3150009)   #8
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
The additions of Vilander and Lazzaro should up the prospects for both the 01 and the 02 somewhat.

DK
I feel like the Lietz pickup by Miller is the biggest 3rd driver addition for GT. Hope to seem them competing well at Petit.
Old 11 Oct 2012, 17:02 (Ref:3150039)   #9
Coopz21 x
Rookie

England
South West, UK
Coopz21 x has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
BMW win in GTE i want to see tbh
Old 13 Oct 2012, 01:31 (Ref:3150690)   #10
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I feel like the Lietz pickup by Miller is the biggest 3rd driver addition for GT. Hope to seem them competing well at Petit.
I was going to comment on Lietz as well, but it just seems that the Miller Porsche has been somewhat off the pace all year while both ESM cars have been fast. Cosmo and van Overbeek have been excellent while Sharp hasn't been bad but Brown really slows up the 02 (his toy though so no complaints that he drives). Adding Lazarro should be a big help by reducing the time Brown has to drive the car. I'd love to see Cosmo get a podium. Also would love to see the #3 Corvette and the Falken car get the other two podium spots. No particular order though.

DK
Old 13 Oct 2012, 07:27 (Ref:3150752)   #11
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
I was going to comment on Lietz as well, but it just seems that the Miller Porsche has been somewhat off the pace all year while both ESM cars have been fasr
DK
True the Miller car hasn't been the fastest, but they do run the smallest budget (compared to other Porsche teams) and they run the Dunlops. Their drivers are both solid and they have had a few top 5's this year which is pretty good considering the competition.
Old 11 Oct 2012, 07:48 (Ref:3149793)   #12
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The third driver 'arms race' has been interesting to see. Really looking forward to the race.
Old 11 Oct 2012, 17:06 (Ref:3150041)   #13
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
The third driver 'arms race' has been interesting to see. Really looking forward to the race.
Looking at the entry it appears the factories are taking the GT class win seriously. Could be an epic battle
Old 11 Oct 2012, 21:43 (Ref:3150139)   #14
The Happy Track Fan
Racer

Canada
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
The Happy Track Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both GT and LMP2 are going to be seriously intense battles. The Franchittis and Tucker will be very strong, but all four ELMS teams have excellent driver line-ups. Do not count out Plowman and Hannemeier-Hanson either. They have excelled at the two fastest circuits on the sked to date (taking Mosport and Road America) and Road Atlanta is right on par with those two circuits for outright speed.

I am hoping for a Ferrari victory in GT, but something tells me that either the Lizard Porsche # 45 or the # 4 Vette is going to take this one. I got to see ESM win for Ferrari at Mosport, the Vette's win at Mid-Ohio and the RLL BMW squad take the win at Road America. Based on that, I figure a Porsche should be next in line for a win.
Old 12 Oct 2012, 01:20 (Ref:3150214)   #15
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
LMP1, LMP2, and GT will be really interesting. I hope the Muscle Milk can last the entire race to give that Rebellion a run for its money. LMP2 will be dynamite with the European entries and I got a feeling Thiriet will take the win. And as always, GT will be spectacular! The usual Corvette vs Porsche vs BMW vs Ferrari...but I hope the Vipers have improved. And you can't forget that Delta Wing, it showed good potential at Le Mans and it will be fun to see that car again.

@The Happy Track Fan, how long have you been living in Kitchener. I spent 3 years living there. Boring City.
Old 12 Oct 2012, 10:40 (Ref:3150353)   #16
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Murphy Prototypes have always looked good. They're due for a win.
Old 12 Oct 2012, 13:52 (Ref:3150424)   #17
Mindspin13B
Racer

United States
ATL
Mindspin13B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know what sort of radio broadcast might be available?
Old 13 Oct 2012, 01:23 (Ref:3150684)   #18
The Happy Track Fan
Racer

Canada
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
The Happy Track Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Salamus. Check your PM's.

He's right. Kitchener is nice, but kinda boring. Gotta get outta Dodge for a few days and head to Road Atlanta for my last racing fix of the year!!
Old 16 Oct 2012, 01:40 (Ref:3152629)   #19
Mindspin13B
Racer

United States
ATL
Mindspin13B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindspin13B View Post
Does anyone know what sort of radio broadcast might be available?
Bueller?
Old 16 Oct 2012, 17:47 (Ref:3152983)   #20
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindspin13B View Post
Bueller?
No Radio Le Mans, Hindy will be there though as a voice for ESPN3, according to twitter. If you are at the track you can use a scanner to pick up the audio for the broadcast.
Old 13 Oct 2012, 09:05 (Ref:3150781)   #21
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Budget has everything to do with it . Where other teams have timexed parts , less funded teams tend to run parts longer than others .

Dunlops should be ok though .
Old 13 Oct 2012, 23:47 (Ref:3151211)   #22
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like PMR just because they chose to buy a RSR instead of a cup car.
Old 13 Oct 2012, 23:54 (Ref:3151217)   #23
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
We're down to 41 cars but the 2 withdrawals are PC cars so no change of consequence. I was worried a couple of the ELMS entries didn't show.
http://www.imsaracing.net/2012/event...ta%20Entry.pdf
Old 14 Oct 2012, 00:01 (Ref:3151219)   #24
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
We're down to 41 cars but the 2 withdrawals are PC cars so no change of consequence. I was worried a couple of the ELMS entries didn't show.
http://www.imsaracing.net/2012/event...ta%20Entry.pdf

What???? I'm not going now... I mean, what's the point?
Old 14 Oct 2012, 06:18 (Ref:3151319)   #25
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the second entry of a TRG Porsche in GTC, we go back to 42 cars!

http://www.alms.com/sites/default/fi...%20Entry_4.pdf