Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 19 Apr 2018, 19:09 (Ref:3816545)   #126
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
https://www.motor1.com/news/140979/2...da-kodiaq-wrc/

Have a good look on the date this was published...
"it does mention FIA regulations stipulate a minimum weight of 1,650 kilograms"

Is that supposed to be a joke? FIA T1 cars weigh a lot more.
Old 19 Apr 2018, 21:04 (Ref:3816561)   #127
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
April 1 2017
Old 23 Apr 2018, 22:02 (Ref:3817075)   #128
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by USRallycross View Post

Also Evans did a great job as did Mr. Mills. Always amazes our horrified Elfyn looks in the car compared to the others who look so calm.
Nah, he's not scared, he's merely feeling the grip. I think a few drivers have fairly obvious stress/intense concentration indicators. To me, it always looks like Ogier is straining to look over the front of the car. I recall back in the day Francois Duval used to have his tongue hanging out when he was really trying.
Old 24 Apr 2018, 14:53 (Ref:3817181)   #129
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
WRC documentary about Argentine rallying fans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u882gWL1m5M
Old 1 May 2018, 10:34 (Ref:3818635)   #130
Alex Langheck
Racer

Alex Langheck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rally Argentina anyone??? Oh well never mind.....
Old 1 May 2018, 11:06 (Ref:3818638)   #131
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Langheck View Post
Rally Argentina anyone??? Oh well never mind.....
I've not seen any of the coverage yet - I recorded it over the weekend but haven't got around to watching it (along with F1 and BTTC coverage still to watch). I did see the results though - good result for Tanak and Ogier did well considering his road position. I thought WRC2 was all decided by the end of Saturday but Rovanpera threw it away on Sunday - a real missed opportunity for him there I thought.
Old 1 May 2018, 13:12 (Ref:3818671)   #132
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Standings after Argentina

1. FRA Sébastien Ogier (Ford), 100
2. BEL Thierry Neuville (Hyundai), 90
3. EST Ott Tänak (Toyota), 72
4. NOR Andreas Mikkelsen (Hyundai), 54
5. ESP Daniel Sordo (Hyundai), 45
6. GBR Kris Meeke (Citroën), 43
7. FIN Esapekka Lappi (Toyota), 40
8. FIN Jari-Matti Latvala (Toyota), 31
9. GBR Elfyn Evans (Ford), 26
10. IRL Craig Breen (Citroën), 20
Old 2 May 2018, 10:28 (Ref:3818836)   #133
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Seems Ogier can’t shake off Argentina being his bogey rally. Neuville finishing ahead means Ogier is not getting away. Great win from Tanak, faultless throughout and kudos to everyone who had to deal with the fog
Old 2 May 2018, 11:51 (Ref:3818859)   #134
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Seems Ogier can’t shake off Argentina being his bogey rally. Neuville finishing ahead means Ogier is not getting away.
I'm not sure if it's a bogey rally for him or if it's just the fact that he's normally leading the standings going into Argentina so he's always first on the road (and therefore sweeping the loose stuff off for everyone else).
Old 2 May 2018, 14:34 (Ref:3818878)   #135
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Ogier has won nearly every other race.

Perhaps he drinks too many fernanditos...
Old 21 May 2018, 10:38 (Ref:3823726)   #136
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Well Portugal was pretty brutal! Lots of cars retiring with damage as the stages looked to be very rough. Neuville took the win from Evans and Suninen - Neuville now top of the drivers championship and Hyundai on top in the manufacturers standings. Another massive off for Kris Meeke - looking at the state of the car they were lucky to get out of that uninjured - testament to the strength of the car.
Old 21 May 2018, 11:31 (Ref:3823743)   #137
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Another massive off for Kris Meeke - looking at the state of the car they were lucky to get out of that uninjured - testament to the strength of the car.
I saw the pictures of the wrecked car before I saw the video. I was actually surprised by the video of the crash as, based on the state of the car, I thought it was going to be a much faster crash.

As you say though, very lucky escape for Meeke. Unlucky weekend for Ogier, I was hoping that Neuville would be able to narrow the point gap down to keep the Championship close, but he has now shot ahead. Hopefully that means we will see Ogier at 100% at the next couple of rallies.
Old 21 May 2018, 15:53 (Ref:3823777)   #138
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes, one biggie that tends to happen in rallying. Bit unlucky where Meeke went off. Not really having his best season. But Ogier out blows it wide open, as Neuville now looks on top form again. We’ll see how Ogier responds
Old 23 May 2018, 10:59 (Ref:3824176)   #139
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Tanak had the worst luck IMO. Rocks in the racing line, car just jumped over, nothing he could do.

At 0:17 mark:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP6jKdzGPEo
Old 23 May 2018, 11:54 (Ref:3824193)   #140
S griffin
Veteran

At the end of the day it’s one of those things. Rocks can get in the way. Anyway it’s nice to see Toyota put that up for us
Old 23 May 2018, 12:24 (Ref:3824199)   #141
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Meeke has been fairly woeful for years.

I have said many times he has the speed, but I do not think he is capable of doing that speed easily or driving within himself, he only has one speed, and he isn't capable of running at that speed without having more accidents than the likes of Neuville, Ogier, Tanak and quite a few others can. I think it is partly down to notes, I think his notes are wrongly made and partly his inability to reign himself in.

He costs teams millions and is rather an embarrassment to be honest.

Lovely guy but if this were the 90's he would have lasted 3 years before being dumped, a la Duval
Old 23 May 2018, 14:08 (Ref:3824213)   #142
S griffin
Veteran

Meeke is not the best. He definitely has got pace, but too often he throws it away. It remains to be seen if he can recover from this, as he can beat the rest as he has shown. Who knows why he keeps throwing it off? Tbh I don’t think many would have cared in the 90s, there were plenty of entries then. Duval actually competed in the 00s and he had too much pressure on him to be fair
Old 23 May 2018, 17:44 (Ref:3824258)   #143
NSX_LeMans
Racer

NSX_LeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finished watching it yesterday. Neuville is on top now, but we know that as soon as Ogier isn't wiping the floor for everyone, he wipes the floor with everyone.

Also, I still don't get it... why do they bother showing the Weight/Power/Torque info if they are often vague or blank?
Old 23 May 2018, 18:16 (Ref:3824265)   #144
S griffin
Veteran

Where did you watch it? Neuville we’ll see what he can do now, Ogier has to be beaten sometime. C5 don’t seem to be showing highlights anymore
Old 24 May 2018, 05:50 (Ref:3824336)   #145
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Well Portugal was pretty brutal! Lots of cars retiring with damage as the stages looked to be very rough. Neuville took the win from Evans and Suninen - Neuville now top of the drivers championship and Hyundai on top in the manufacturers standings. Another massive off for Kris Meeke - looking at the state of the car they were lucky to get out of that uninjured - testament to the strength of the car.
Day 1 was pretty brutal and punishing as you say. I really should get my back side to Fafe one of these days, it looks like a great stage to watch. The aerial shots I saw looked fabulous.

Brilliant to see Suninen and Evans up there road-position or not.
Old 24 May 2018, 05:53 (Ref:3824338)   #146
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I saw the pictures of the wrecked car before I saw the video. I was actually surprised by the video of the crash as, based on the state of the car, I thought it was going to be a much faster crash.

As you say though, very lucky escape for Meeke. Unlucky weekend for Ogier, I was hoping that Neuville would be able to narrow the point gap down to keep the Championship close, but he has now shot ahead. Hopefully that means we will see Ogier at 100% at the next couple of rallies.
I'm beginning to wonder if Meeke's future in the WRC is safe, the results just haven't come for whatever reason. I also wonder how long Citroen will contend with the under achievements of the car and team, year after year. A year out to develop the car and they're still struggling with it.
Old 24 May 2018, 05:54 (Ref:3824340)   #147
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Where did you watch it? Neuville we’ll see what he can do now, Ogier has to be beaten sometime. C5 don’t seem to be showing highlights anymore
Try Redbull TV.
Old 24 May 2018, 05:55 (Ref:3824341)   #148
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
...We’ll see how Ogier responds
Exactly, I want somebody else to win the driver's championship this year so he gets even hungrier next year then we'll see fireworks!
Old 24 May 2018, 07:47 (Ref:3824354)   #149
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Channel 5 are still showing it, it was on last night! The day of the week seems to vary based on what other sport they are showing throughout the week.

I have set a series record up so I don't miss it, you can watch it on My5 here:

5 On Demand - WRC Highlights
Old 24 May 2018, 09:22 (Ref:3824363)   #150
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
I'm beginning to wonder if Meeke's future in the WRC is safe, the results just haven't come for whatever reason.
Meeke must surely be under serious pressure - he's the lead driver in the team and he's just making mistake after mistake. Citroens driver policy looks muddled anyway - Meeke, Breen, Ostberg, Mikklesen, Loeb, Al Qassimi - how many do you need? Presumably Citroen have put Ostberg in the car to assess whether to put him in full time next season (instead of Meeke or Breen)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
I also wonder how long Citroen will contend with the under achievements of the car and team, year after year. A year out to develop the car and they're still struggling with it.
The Citroen is the worst of the current crop of cars - I don't think there's much doubt about that. You'd expect Citroen to be able to close the gap though. I must admit with VW gone I thought Citroen would be streets ahead of the others but for whatever reason that's really not happened.