Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 May 2018, 18:16 (Ref:3818929)   #226
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
I said it last race. The difference between verstappen wrecking and ricciardo makijg his moves stick have more to do with who he is making them on. His move on bottas last race could have ended just as badly as verstappen on Vettel, but for bottas being more careful. Now ricciardo tries a move on verstappen, who isn't as "generous" as bottas, and it ends in tears. It was a little dicey from verstappen, but ricciardo was pretty out of control. Perhaps some overconfidence with his reputation as the best at late braking and making the corner?
If DR is able to pull off great late braking passes, it has to be that he is right on the razors edge of getting maximum braking effect but without locking his wheels. That being able to successful dance on that edge is the real skill. Kudos to him.

I think someone else already made the point, but it's worth making it again. I think the last move by MV reduced the amount of downforce on the front of DR's car (took the air right off the wing). So given he was committed and likely on that edge, the wheels instantly locked and he was just along for the ride. So I wouldn't say he was "out of control". Maybe he was once he was deep into the corner and the conditions changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
You could see Grosjean leaning into the car after getting out, looking for anything he could blame his screw up on.
Regardless of what anyone thinks of Grosjean, I think it was nothing more than him having a hard time getting the steering wheel to re-attach.

Richard
Old 2 May 2018, 23:19 (Ref:3818979)   #227
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I think that's about right; Newgarden is a more complete driver and seems willing to play the long game, Rossi's still got some pretty rough edges in terms of racecraft but they're being smoothed fairly quickly.
I feel like Rossi has had his opportunity, whether that's fair or not.

When you're driving for The Captain with the #1 on your car, you're sitting at the pinnacle of American road racing. Plus, Newgarden is from Tennessee and isn't a Patriots fan.
Old 2 May 2018, 23:42 (Ref:3818983)   #228
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I feel like Rossi has had his opportunity, whether that's fair or not.

When you're driving for The Captain with the #1 on your car, you're sitting at the pinnacle of American road racing. Plus, Newgarden is from Tennessee and isn't a Patriots fan.
Old 3 May 2018, 05:41 (Ref:3819011)   #229
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
snip

I think someone else already made the point, but it's worth making it again. I think the last move by MV reduced the amount of downforce on the front of DR's car (took the air right off the wing). So given he was committed and likely on that edge, the wheels instantly locked and he was just along for the ride. So I wouldn't say he was "out of control". Maybe he was once he was deep into the corner and the conditions changed.

Snip

Richard

That's pretty much how Ross Brawn saw it.

Quote:
"But I would like to highlight a technical point. Once Daniel had settled for his line, and Max had changed direction blocking that line, the Australian became a passenger.

"The downforce loss experienced by Ricciardo in the wake of Verstappen's car would have made it unstoppable.

"We often think of downforce applying in cornering, but the impact the extra grip has in braking is huge," explained Brawn.*

"Take away that grip in braking and what happened on Sunday was inevitable."
http://www.planetf1.com/news/brawn-ricciardo-became-a-passenger/