Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Feb 2002, 02:35 (Ref:217479)   #1
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
judd

does anyone know where i can find a page with race history of judd engines and who has raced them?

ive found so far lola and mazda have used them as well as the current crop of customer cars: dome, dallara and ferrari.

does the oreca home page have anything about the 787b or mxr-01 info there?
Old 17 Feb 2002, 03:49 (Ref:217501)   #2
clk-lm
Rookie

clk-lm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this page i think is gonna be your best bet
http://www.engdev.com/index.html
Old 17 Feb 2002, 11:59 (Ref:217643)   #3
f2001
Racer

f2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well I know that pescarolo will be using them next season, instead of Pug...
Old 17 Feb 2002, 20:35 (Ref:218033)   #4
Es Nes
Veteran

their pug v6 was one of the reasons i rooted for them. another turbo engine gone
Old 18 Feb 2002, 02:04 (Ref:218260)   #5
FastJoel31
Veteran

United States
Near Watkins Glen
FastJoel31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Intersport, Robinson Racing, Crawford, Doran, Ascari, Dams (?), Jim Matthews (2000), Rafanelli (1999-2000), Racing for Holland, RN Motorsport, R&M, SMG, Chrysler testing.
675 Dick Barbour
That's all I can think of right now.

Last edited by FastJoel31; 18 Feb 2002 at 02:05.
Old 18 Feb 2002, 19:46 (Ref:218576)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by f2001
well I know that pescarolo will be using them next season, instead of Pug...
That'll disappoint the locals rooting for an all-French team. Do we know why Henri opted for the Judd?
Old 19 Feb 2002, 06:25 (Ref:218743)   #7
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Performances I'm afraid

Or lack of performances should I say... but maybe it's not the complete explanation ; it seems that Peugeot didn't want to go on to work on a race engine, except for rally.

Without engine, Pesca did the same choice as Philippe Gache (remember the Courage SMG last two years ? I loved the hurling engine going out of the Ford chicanes... what a noise !)...

And the Judd engine seems to be efficient... will it be reliable for 24 hours ? Do you have testimony about it ?
Old 19 Feb 2002, 21:19 (Ref:219142)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not sure Fab. The Judd engined cars were certainly quick at Le Mans last year but their reliability was awful. If they can get their act together reliability-wise, who knows what could happen. I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyway.
Old 20 Feb 2002, 00:37 (Ref:219234)   #9
f2001
Racer

f2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ahh well atleast Pescarolo wont be last in ALMS again !
Old 20 Feb 2002, 00:51 (Ref:219239)   #10
Es Nes
Veteran

he only ran sebring last year so of course hed be last in the alms .

btw - isnt he only running lemans and fia scc or will they be back at sebring this year like last?

Last edited by Es Nes; 20 Feb 2002 at 00:52.
Old 20 Feb 2002, 06:33 (Ref:219327)   #11
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Pescarolo sports

For what I know, the main problem is to save money in not going to USA races. Last year, Pesca spent 150 000 € to go to Sebring ; he prefers to make long range tests in Europe with this money - his sponsors seems not be interrested by US presence...

I have to say that nobody tlaks about GT races in France, and US races are absoloutly unknown here for the main part of the public. So the efforts of Pesca abroad are vain ; that's maybe why he prefers to focus on Le Mans...

About Judd, I'l afraid to, Ayse, that the reliability is not at the "rendez-vous"... but who knows ? What was the engine of the Dallara at Daytona ?
Old 20 Feb 2002, 07:40 (Ref:219344)   #12
Es Nes
Veteran

oh well, it was good to see the green team in the us. its a shame no one races courages in the us. the same for the dome s101

the daytona winning dallara used the 4l judd
Old 20 Feb 2002, 11:40 (Ref:219388)   #13
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Yeah, the Daytona victory proves a Judd can last the distance. Maybe the Mulsanne straight(s) are the problem, it doesn't like the long periods flat out?
Old 20 Feb 2002, 17:21 (Ref:219549)   #14
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
That's what I thougt...

This first victory of a Judd engine on a 24 hours race is a wonderful new for next Le Mans race... this significate that there will be opposition against Audi engines - including for me bentley, even if it's not an "audi" identified...

Hope that the performance will be here too... remember the first laps of Lammers last year... what a fight ! Even if the race is long, I love the dog fight in the first laps... it's sad when there's nothing but... 3 audis in the lead...

Has somebody laps times comparaison between Audis and Judd Dallara on a same track in US ? There's good news for the courages of Yves Courage, seems to be faster than the best cars of last years... but no confirmations...