Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 23 Sep 2016, 01:34 (Ref:3674427)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2016 Petit Le Mans

Due to popular request I though I should get a thread up and in place. That being said, I am going to wait a few days to populate all the of usual links.

There are a few additional entries expected, with the headliners for me being the ESM Ligier in Proto and the Scuderia Corsa Ferrari in GTLM. The title fight in proto is realistically just between the to Action Express cars - and whichever car finishes ahead of the other will likely be the champ. History could be made in GTD with Christina Nielsen becoming the first female series champion in IMSA history if she completes her drive time.

Entry List

Schedule

Weather (beautiful)

Track Map

Spotters Guide

Timing

Session Results

FRC

Last edited by joeb; 26 Sep 2016 at 18:37.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 01:48 (Ref:3674431)   #2
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
As much as I enjoyed last year with the Porsche winning overall. I hope this race goes dry. I hope the Corvette DP wins in its final race. Preferably Action Express or Visit Florida. The WTR has always been my least favorite of the Corvette DP teams mainly because of their ugly black paint job.

Will be cheering for BMW and Ferrari to win GTLM as they have not won at all this year. The endurance format could favor them. We have seen teams win the Petit Le Mans before after having a rough season.

I think GTD could come down to who has the best 3rd driver on the squad perhaps?
Old 23 Sep 2016, 02:18 (Ref:3674444)   #3
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
As much as I enjoyed last year with the Porsche winning overall. I hope this race goes dry. I hope the Corvette DP wins in its final race. Preferably Action Express or Visit Florida. The WTR has always been my least favorite of the Corvette DP teams mainly because of their ugly black paint job.

Will be cheering for BMW and Ferrari to win GTLM as they have not won at all this year. The endurance format could favor them. We have seen teams win the Petit Le Mans before after having a rough season.

I think GTD could come down to who has the best 3rd driver on the squad perhaps?
Looks like it could rain on Thursday but very little chance Fri or Sat. I'll be there Friday morning. Looks like I'll miss the MX-5 races since they're on Thursday.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 02:40 (Ref:3674452)   #4
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's Petit. No one knows what the weather will do. Been dry as hell here lately so unless it floods again, expect large orange dust clouds on the slightest off atm.

No matter what, I'm looking forward to this one very much. I'll be there in time for the first IMSA session on Thursday. And yes, hoping for a full dry session Thursday evening. As I heard someone say, "night practice at PLM is a lot like Christmas morning."
Old 23 Sep 2016, 05:30 (Ref:3674467)   #5
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I want to see what ESM can do. We haven't seen a proper P2 vs DP fight yet on this track.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 11:05 (Ref:3674517)   #6
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeiTzei View Post
I want to see what ESM can do. We haven't seen a proper P2 vs DP fight yet on this track.
Likewise! Road Atlanta can be rough and I am a little concerned about P2 fragility vs DP, but just want all entries to make the grid.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 16:37 (Ref:3674563)   #7
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
DP win in their final race please.

Send them out on top!
Old 24 Sep 2016, 13:31 (Ref:3674714)   #8
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Rain is certainly a game changer. Mother nature claimed 50% of ours last year.
Old 24 Sep 2016, 14:02 (Ref:3674726)   #9
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
IMSA’s Petit Le Mans entry list features usual bevy of guest stars

Prototype

* Simon Pagenaud, #31 AXR Corvette
* Spencer Pigot, #55 / 70 Mazda
* Ryan Hunter-Reay, #90 Visit Florida Corvette
* Olivier Pla, #60 Michael Shank Ligier
* Filipe Albuquerque, #5 AXR Corvette
* Max Angelelli, #10 Taylor Corvette

GTLM

* Sebastien Bourdais, #66 Ford GT
* Scott Dixon, #67 Ford GT
* Mike Rockenfeller, #3 Corvette C7.R
* Marcel Fässler, #4 Corvette C7.R
* Augusto Farfus, #25 BMW M6
* Kuno Wittmer, #100 BMW M6
* James Calado, #62 Risi Ferrari 488
Old 24 Sep 2016, 14:26 (Ref:3674733)   #10
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How's the P2-DP BoP changed since Sebring, can anyone give me an overview. Though I guess they still have time to change it again. Whatever artificial max number of adjustments they came up with surely can be broken on the grounds of "fairness", even if it was already reached (?)

nm:

Onroak: -10kg + boost mod
Lola: +25kg, +1mm refuel restrictor + boost mod
Deltawing: -10kg + boost mod

Last edited by Deleted; 24 Sep 2016 at 14:43.
Old 25 Sep 2016, 11:44 (Ref:3674901)   #11
Alex_Florida
Rookie

Alex_Florida should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be glad to see the whole P2-DP thing end. It was one of the dumbest moves in racing history. Atlanta is always a GTLM thriller: bring it on!
Old 26 Sep 2016, 14:20 (Ref:3675267)   #12
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How the #5 and #10 can win the title http://nasportscar.com/triple-threat...totype-battle/
Old 26 Sep 2016, 15:49 (Ref:3675292)   #13
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
How the #5 and #10 can win the title http://nasportscar.com/triple-threat...totype-battle/
Thanks for sharing! Will be interesting to watch this unfold along with the race stories, themselves.

Will you have any scenarios for the other classes? (really just GTLM)
Old 26 Sep 2016, 17:06 (Ref:3675308)   #14
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Take a read of this article from S365:

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/mi...petit-le-mans/

Its not the usual Michelin puff piece. There are a few digs at IMSA in there. And I do agree with what the article says no doubt.
Old 27 Sep 2016, 19:06 (Ref:3675570)   #15
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Take a read of this article from S365:

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/mi...petit-le-mans/

Its not the usual Michelin puff piece. There are a few digs at IMSA in there. And I do agree with what the article says no doubt.
This is just depressing.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 17:53 (Ref:3675318)   #16
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Thanks for sharing! Will be interesting to watch this unfold along with the race stories, themselves.

Possibly for CTSCC's ST class and maybe GTLM
Old 27 Sep 2016, 14:37 (Ref:3675514)   #17
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post

Here's GTLM...it's not that interesting http://nasportscar.com/the-closest-c...nship-battles/
Old 27 Sep 2016, 15:26 (Ref:3675525)   #18
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Here's GTLM...it's not that interesting http://nasportscar.com/the-closest-c...nship-battles/

I like the odds, however. Thanks!
Old 27 Sep 2016, 21:28 (Ref:3675602)   #19
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks for doing these Petit articles nasportscar! I was trying to figure
all this out when I was making my own xcel spreadsheet /entry list and
point standings. I got confused rather quickly with the point scenarios.
I used the initial 41 car entry list to make my sheet , now I just saw an article
saying only 37 expected. I will just have to wait to see who gets out there
for practice before I make my edits.

The closest in the standings seems to be GTD 2nd - 4th.
Old 28 Sep 2016, 14:14 (Ref:3675714)   #20
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Track action started today, but the first IMSA (Weathertech) session will not be until tomorrow, which is when I plan on arriving.

Thankfully, the weather is looking fabulous right now, dare I say?
Old 26 Sep 2016, 17:20 (Ref:3675312)   #21
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have to wonder about the practice of cutting rain tires for heavy rain, couldn't tell if that was a Michelin thing or a recommendation they make to the teams or just something the teams all do on their own. I'd guess Michelin would at least know if not do it themselves for the teams to make sure everything went right. Anyone know if Michelin only brings, or is limited to, one type of rain tire for IMSA events or so they have to make a 'heavy rain' tire on site? Don't they have a couple rain tires in their bag between the Prototype and GT range?
Old 26 Sep 2016, 18:27 (Ref:3675326)   #22
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I have to wonder about the practice of cutting rain tires for heavy rain, couldn't tell if that was a Michelin thing or a recommendation they make to the teams or just something the teams all do on their own. I'd guess Michelin would at least know if not do it themselves for the teams to make sure everything went right. Anyone know if Michelin only brings, or is limited to, one type of rain tire for IMSA events or so they have to make a 'heavy rain' tire on site? Don't they have a couple rain tires in their bag between the Prototype and GT range?
It does seem strange to ban something that makes the racing safer in the rain. Either way, that rule won't apply this year.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USGA0069:1:US
Old 26 Sep 2016, 18:38 (Ref:3675328)   #23
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Just an fyi, the opening post has been updated with some more links
Old 26 Sep 2016, 19:34 (Ref:3675345)   #24
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Just an fyi, the opening post has been updated with some more links
Bout damn time!

Set up day (for some) and take down day are the warmest. Otherwise *crossing fingers still*
Old 28 Sep 2016, 19:57 (Ref:3675769)   #25
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
IIRC Penske had some oneoff DP at Daytona (with WRT co-op?) at the end of the decade while they still had Spyder capable of winning overall in ALMS, incl Sebring they did won.

Maybe I should just look into results myself instead of baffling nonsense, but ehh. In any case ESM has good prospects for Sat.