Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 28 Jul 2020, 02:20 (Ref:3991157)   #5001
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I was just wondering if IndyCar might consider using one of the alternate layouts, for one of the races at Mid-Ohio. Either going straight from Turn 1 to Turn 3 and missing out the Keyhole, or using the sports car course, which uses the kink between Turn 1 and the Keyhole.

I don't think they will. Not sure either of those options are practical or neccessary.
Old 28 Jul 2020, 10:21 (Ref:3991211)   #5002
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It depends how much they want to use a different layout. It would be a nice experiment, although I'm not sure it would really work in the long run.
Old 28 Jul 2020, 13:13 (Ref:3991237)   #5003
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I don't think they will. Not sure either of those options are practical or necessary.
I thought it might add variety.
Old 28 Jul 2020, 16:13 (Ref:3991263)   #5004
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I believe T2 and T4 currently have the most overtaking opportunities. Using either the shortcut or the chicane will greatly reduce overtaking and reduce the viewing pleasure, imho.

I love Mid Ohio. Run the main course twice and I'll be happy. Any change might add some variety, but would be a disappointment overall to me.
Old 29 Jul 2020, 14:50 (Ref:3991402)   #5005
Tanker62M
Rookie

Tanker62M should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eh, that's pretty great! Sure, there will be distancing and masks, but at least, it'll be possible to attend races again. By the end of the year, or in the worst case scenario, next spring, it should be back to normal.
Old 29 Jul 2020, 17:39 (Ref:3991455)   #5006
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Similar to anything in California that's not baseball; it's all gonna close soon again...
Bums me out as I just moved back to California a couple weeks ago and was looking forward to attending the double header at Laguna Seca (hoping they'd allow fans). Oh well, at least now I can watch Le Mans live.
Old 30 Jul 2020, 11:22 (Ref:3991625)   #5007
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Bums me out as I just moved back to California a couple weeks ago and was looking forward to attending the double header at Laguna Seca (hoping they'd allow fans). Oh well, at least now I can watch Le Mans live.
Sorry we're no longer "neighbors", but...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdizL4on-Rc

I'm currently debating purchasing the PLM tic, to secure a it if they go forward with limited tix. I'm still just not counting on much in 2020....

LS officially canceled (not sure it's been mentioned here yet):
https://racer.com/2020/07/27/indycar...headers-added/

BUT hoping to get an extended deal...
https://racer.com/2020/07/27/laguna-...-indycar-deal/
Old 30 Jul 2020, 19:56 (Ref:3991716)   #5008
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, I don't think Laguna will appear again. They still have no contract with the volunteers who run the events and sounds like they are VERY far apart without movement.
Old 31 Jul 2020, 16:04 (Ref:3991897)   #5009
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Would be a real shame to lose Laguna, Indycars is one of the few major racing series that still race there
Old 31 Jul 2020, 16:26 (Ref:3991907)   #5010
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Laguna Seca have posted this announcement on their website, regarding the cancellation of this year's race and extending the current contract, which is set to end after 2021.

https://www.co.monterey.ca.us/Home/C...News/7514/9711
Old 1 Aug 2020, 19:54 (Ref:3992156)   #5011
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Next week’s race is postponed. A shame but completely understandable given everything that’s going on.
Old 1 Aug 2020, 20:02 (Ref:3992157)   #5012
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Promoters Green Savoree Race Promotions, are looking to either September or October.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 01:46 (Ref:3992193)   #5013
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And after they just added the second race! But it is understandable and indycar wants to have fans in attendance.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 04:17 (Ref:3992200)   #5014
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And the promoters have lost the income from Toronto and Portland. They need Mid Ohio to bring in money and apparently they postponed not Indy management to get fans in the park. Can't say I blame then, losing all 4 events in a season would have to be a killer for them
Old 4 Aug 2020, 03:50 (Ref:3992804)   #5015
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another setback for Green Savoree. Kim Green is as nice a guy as you could hope to meet, and they have been stifled since the start of the season to get an event to come off. They need spectators at the tracks to meet expenses. I hope that they can survive this year, as I would not be surprised if none of their races take place.
Old 4 Aug 2020, 12:47 (Ref:3992904)   #5016
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Helio Castroneves is looking for a full time ride in 2021.

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/n...aign=widget-22
Old 4 Aug 2020, 13:48 (Ref:3992914)   #5017
S griffin
Veteran

Hope finds somewhere to drive next season, hate to see him on the sidelines just like that
Old 4 Aug 2020, 14:00 (Ref:3992919)   #5018
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
The Spiderman is older than me! I'm surprised he's still in IndyCar but have really grown to like the guy. Hope he can stick around as long as he wants.
Old 4 Aug 2020, 17:18 (Ref:3992974)   #5019
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
The 500 will take place behind closed doors.

https://www.indianapolismotorspeedwa...fd2f063cddc631
Old 4 Aug 2020, 20:12 (Ref:3993006)   #5020
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I can't blame them.
Old 4 Aug 2020, 20:14 (Ref:3993008)   #5021
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:

Wow, but I guess not really a shocker; just a shame.

But if they could move THE Speedway to Georgia. We seem to be past this thing and are open for business!
Old 4 Aug 2020, 20:18 (Ref:3993013)   #5022
S griffin
Veteran

Sad times, we’ll be lucky to see spectators back at any major sporting event at this rate. But needs must
Old 4 Aug 2020, 21:01 (Ref:3993020)   #5023
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:

Its outdoors, big open space grandstands. Stop being coronabros (see outkick website where I got that term from) Seriously its so dumb. 100% politics. The virus is only affecting a very small portion of the population. I have said this on sportscar forums, but it keeps rearing its ugly head everywhere. You can't not talk about it.

Note to admins: your infractions and warnings won't work on me. I will continue to tell the truth on here. The whole reaction to the virus is over done and it is done 100% for political reasons to make people suffer and angry. And includes taking things away from us that we enjoy such as seeing racing in person. And angry group of people will vote in a certain direction to benefit the politicians.

https://videos.whatfinger.com/2020/0...rce=whatfinger
Old 4 Aug 2020, 21:19 (Ref:3993021)   #5024
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Its outdoors, big open space grandstands. Stop being coronabros (see outkick website where I got that term from) Seriously its so dumb. 100% politics. The virus is only affecting a very small portion of the population. I have said this on sportscar forums, but it keeps rearing its ugly head everywhere. You can't not talk about it.

Note to admins: your infractions and warnings won't work on me. I will continue to tell the truth on here. The whole reaction to the virus is over done and it is done 100% for political reasons to make people suffer and angry. And includes taking things away from us that we enjoy such as seeing racing in person. And angry group of people will vote in a certain direction to benefit the politicians.

https://videos.whatfinger.com/2020/0...rce=whatfinger
You are entitled to your opinion and there may be those who agree and those who disagree with you. It is easy to get side tracked when discussing the various topics, that are posted on this forum but as long as posts are generally on topic and people remember to discuss the post and not attack the poster, all will be fine.

Obviously, if there is a deliberate attempt to derail the topic and/or posters are deliberately attacked, then posts will just be deleted.
Old 5 Aug 2020, 00:11 (Ref:3993039)   #5025
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
You are entitled to your opinion and there may be those who agree and those who disagree with you. It is easy to get side tracked when discussing the various topics, that are posted on this forum but as long as posts are generally on topic and people remember to discuss the post and not attack the poster, all will be fine.

Obviously, if there is a deliberate attempt to derail the topic and/or posters are deliberately attacked, then posts will just be deleted.
Cool!