Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score does it get from you?
10 2 4.08%
9 3 6.12%
8 25 51.02%
7 11 22.45%
6 5 10.20%
5 1 2.04%
4 0 0%
3 1 2.04%
2 1 2.04%
1 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 Jul 2015, 12:50 (Ref:3555908)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: British Grand Prix 2015

What score does it get from you?
Old 5 Jul 2015, 13:43 (Ref:3555918)   #2
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
After the slew of rubbish we've had to sit through this season, this was a refreshing 8 for me.

Gutted Williams lost it from the front again. They can never seem to make the right call, and probably needed to release Bottas early to even stand a chance. Still, the Mercedes was quicker so probably would have found a way through.

Fun race, either way.

Selby
Old 5 Jul 2015, 13:48 (Ref:3555923)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Terrible. This sport needs a major overhaul and the drivers need to eat more.
Old 5 Jul 2015, 13:51 (Ref:3555924)   #4
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic racing all round. Chaotic weather, it took most of the race until we figured a driver actually had the race won.

Williams made it fun didn't they! They messed up slightly but at the time it seemed the right thing to do tbh. Hindsight is wonderful...

Edge of the seat stuff. First time since Hungary 2014 have we had a properly intense race for the win. You need a lot to top that!!! 9
Old 5 Jul 2015, 14:04 (Ref:3555931)   #5
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The start was dramatic but not much more drama happened after that. 7
Old 5 Jul 2015, 14:13 (Ref:3555933)   #6
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great start and restart and rain usually helps

A pity the lead was taken during a pit stop and Williams put a stop on Bottas but compared to the dire races F1 has served up this season it was the best by a distance.

Old 5 Jul 2015, 16:44 (Ref:3555953)   #7
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Satisfied with the race. I'll give it a 7.
Old 5 Jul 2015, 16:49 (Ref:3555956)   #8
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll give it an 8.

I really enjoyed watching Massa and Bottas leading the way for the first 20 laps or so. I think Hamilton undercutting was inevitable, and I don't think Massa letting Bottas through would have made any difference. Hamilton would have dispatched Massa more easily than Bottas and closed him down very quickly.

The rain of course spiced things up at the end and kept the result in the balance but I was enjoying it up til then anyway.
Old 5 Jul 2015, 16:55 (Ref:3555957)   #9
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
AWFUL.

I FELL ASLEEP.

F1 is not what is should be, rain making the racing ARTIFICIAL.

I cant give minus points, so I will have to this one an 8 instead.
Old 5 Jul 2015, 17:06 (Ref:3555960)   #10
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll give it an 8. Firstly, once again for me, when there's a fantastic circuit, I just enjoy watching the cars so much. Silverstone is excellent - Copse, Maggotts, Becketts, Stowe, that sequence in particular grips me to motorsport.

So that ensures a fairly decent score. As for the race, Williams jumping ahead was drama and then the battle for the victory felt tense, with some tricky track conditions to anticipate.

It's nice to see others rate this highly too, because actually there didn't seem to be so many overtakes caught on camera further back all the time (at least not live - the cameras followed the top 4 a lot), but it was full of a tense strategic fight.

My head says 7 but my heart says 8 and motorsport always has heart for me.
Old 5 Jul 2015, 17:46 (Ref:3555971)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Better than expected, considering the last few GPs and certainly helped by the weather. Otherwise I think the snooze fest potential was there, particularly after the first round of pit stops. 6
Old 5 Jul 2015, 18:02 (Ref:3555976)   #12
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A very strong 8. Quite a tense race. The Williams were mega at the start. Then there was the Hamilton versus Bottas tussle. Then it was Massa versus Bottas. Should have Williams released Bottas? Well - it might have helped until the rain. Then we had the second phase of the race - Nico made his way through. Then the rain came. I'm going to say it's the best race(so far) of the season. Ahhh - we were denied a Williams' win - we can but hope.
Old 5 Jul 2015, 18:38 (Ref:3555984)   #13
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
7.5 I guess, not quite an 8. Tense and exciting, but it was a hme that the downpour actually served to restore the usual order rather than shake it up.
Old 5 Jul 2015, 19:49 (Ref:3555989)   #14
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Terrible. This sport needs a major overhaul and the drivers need to eat more.
Rubbish except for the blond on the grid walk, awesome rear end....
Old 5 Jul 2015, 20:16 (Ref:3555993)   #15
cerdic
Rookie

cerdic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Rubbish except for the blond on the grid walk, awesome rear end....
Is that really the right way to describe David Coulthard....?
Old 5 Jul 2015, 21:00 (Ref:3555997)   #16
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerdic View Post
Is that really the right way to describe David Coulthard....?
Here name is Lindsey Vaughn, she is an American downhill skier, delicious !
Old 5 Jul 2015, 21:09 (Ref:3555999)   #17
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8, best race of the year so far. But as a Williams and Manor fan, I'm disappointed with the result.
Old 5 Jul 2015, 22:03 (Ref:3556008)   #18
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
I gave this a 7 ...I love Silverstone, unfortunately we get so many ads on TV here, it really destroys the flow...
Old 5 Jul 2015, 22:15 (Ref:3556011)   #19
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I'm knockin' in a 7 here. If the same action took place on a dry track, I'd give it an 8.
Old 5 Jul 2015, 22:23 (Ref:3556014)   #20
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
8. Now we just need Mercedes getting a poor start, on a track that's hard to pass on, and a couple of rain showers and F1 will be exciting at every race.
Old 5 Jul 2015, 22:41 (Ref:3556020)   #21
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I gave it an 8 ! I was going to a "do" this afternoon but watched the start and had to see it to the end as I knew someone would spout out who had won it when I went later.
This was more than the usual "watching the paint dry" races however we need more of the same at least.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Jul 2015, 23:03 (Ref:3556032)   #22
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
It's nice to see others rate this highly too, because actually there didn't seem to be so many overtakes caught on camera further back all the time (at least not live - the cameras followed the top 4 a lot), but it was full of a tense strategic fight.
This sums it up perfectly really. There was very little going on behind the leaders. Had both Merc's got off the line well, I suspect it would have been tedious to say the least.

That stupid first lap mess and the many other retirements obviously didn't help.
Old 6 Jul 2015, 00:05 (Ref:3556046)   #23
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
I'll give it a 7. Nice to see the William's cars leading, though I don't believe they had a credible chance of victory with their tactics, or lack of them!
Old 6 Jul 2015, 09:20 (Ref:3556137)   #24
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
http://sniffpetrol.com/2015/07/06/br...ets-down-fans/

I agree, it was a total disappointment.
Old 6 Jul 2015, 10:20 (Ref:3556146)   #25
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A 7.5 for me - I enjoyed that one thanks to the Williams team getting of the line fast. Not often you see 4 cars within 2 seconds 20 laps into a GP!