Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Oct 2018, 09:24 (Ref:3858807)   #1
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Lakeside Raceway under threat

Thanks to noise complaints from just two whingers, race meets have been cancelled at Queensland's Lakeside Park Raceway. Just two! How is this possible that just two people can shut down racing?
Cruise & track days are unaffected at this point. So, please, everyone who has an interest in keeping one of the best tracks in the country open needs to contact any or all of the following people.

Division 7 Cr, Denise Sims: Denise.Sims@moretonbay.qld.gov.au
Ch of Plan’g, MBRC, Mick Gillam Mick.Gillam@moretonbay.qld.gov.au
Dep Mayor, Mike Charlton: Mike.Charlton@moretonbay.qld.gov.au
Mayor, Allan Sutherland: Mayor@moretonbay.qld.gov.au
Shane King, MLA Kurwongbah@parliament.qld.gov.au
Mark Ryan, Min. Police Morayfield@parliament.qld.gov.au
Stephen Miles, Min. for Health Murrumba@parliament.qld.gov.au

A link to the speedcafe article:

https://www.speedcafe.co...-due-to-noise-breaches/

Could those who are into Facebook & Twitter spread the word too, we need numbers. And please raise the topic on any automotive forums you frequent as well.

Thanks for reading, and hopefully we'll have a positive result.
Cheers,
Chris
Old 24 Oct 2018, 12:38 (Ref:3858856)   #2
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Contact them and say what ?
Old 25 Oct 2018, 07:13 (Ref:3859033)   #3
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The councillors will just take the cash from the encroaching property developments, and eventually the track will get legislated out of existence.

What needs to get up is the "agent of change" legislation that is floating around that protects existing facilities like pubs with bands and racetracks, by placing the onus on anybody building property nearby (the agent of change) for noise abatement.

Otherwise we get people that buy apartments near a thriving live band venue, then complain about the noise... Same with airports and race tracks.

****ing idiots, all of them.
Old 31 Oct 2018, 11:00 (Ref:3860090)   #4
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Contact them and say what ?
I'll spell it out:

1) That people come to the region and spend money there.
2) It's not just for racers. Plenty of cruise/trackdays.
3) There's a dam there for scale boat racing.
4) Cyclists use it too.
5) Why should just 2 or 3 serial whingers be able to dictate to thousands?
Old 31 Oct 2018, 13:12 (Ref:3860117)   #5
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've always thought if you moved next to somewhere noisy and you were not aware, then your complaint is with the solicitor who did the searches, not with the thing making the noise.

If the thing starts making a different noise after you moved there, then you have a valid complaint. So if you move next to a sports ground and you don't like cheering, that's your problem. If they then introduce pop concerts and you don't like Ed Sheeran then you have reasonable grounds. And my complete sympathy.
Old 1 Nov 2018, 00:01 (Ref:3860236)   #6
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
I've always thought if you moved next to somewhere noisy and you were not aware, then your complaint is with the solicitor who did the searches, not with the thing making the noise.

If the thing starts making a different noise after you moved there, then you have a valid complaint. So if you move next to a sports ground and you don't like cheering, that's your problem. If they then introduce pop concerts and you don't like Ed Sheeran then you have reasonable grounds. And my complete sympathy.
Believe there is law in place in some other states covering similar issues, Essendon Airport in Victoria springs to mind. May or not be before the courts/parliament in Queensland currently, but not yet passed is my understanding, leading to the above
Old 2 Nov 2018, 10:50 (Ref:3860525)   #7
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos WTF View Post
I'll spell it out:

1) That people come to the region and spend money there.
2) It's not just for racers. Plenty of cruise/trackdays.
3) There's a dam there for scale boat racing.
4) Cyclists use it too.
5) Why should just 2 or 3 serial whingers be able to dictate to thousands?
It happens all the time, The atomic reactor at Lucas Heights has been there since the 1950's, new people move in and reckon it is dangerous and should be moved. Amaroo was on a short leash when it was sold to finance the ARDC into EC and Oran Park was going to suffer the same if not closed down. Wakefield has had noise issues and a curfew for many years now.
Old 2 Nov 2018, 11:01 (Ref:3860530)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Electric TCR series can hold all their rounds here
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House