Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 21 Sep 2009, 12:42 (Ref:2544948)   #1
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tasman to 4 cars in 2010?

eNews says SGR want to link up to a become a 4 car team. they will stay Holden and build their own engines.

wonder who they could link with?????

as i posted above V8 Insiders said that they are in talks with RNR but that only gets them to 3 cars.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 13:07 (Ref:2544986)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tasman to 4 cars in 2010?

Interesting to read in MeN that one of the owners of Tasman seems to think the team is in a position to expand to 4 cars next season.

The article did not name any team in particular that was scheduled to join with them, but it has you wondering if the noise around Mr D'Alberto is correct, that whether the young fella would join this squad in the 3rd car.

What with Mr Skaife hanging around looking for a seat, could that be the 4 car Superteam the Tasmaniacs have craved for so long?

Current and past performances would suggest they have some way to go to improve competitiveness... and this has been mentioned as an aim before.. by Mr Grech...

Whaddayareckon?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 21 Sep 2009, 13:10 (Ref:2544991)   #3
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
where do the franchises come from
Old 21 Sep 2009, 13:13 (Ref:2544998)   #4
Kiwikid
Racer

Kiwikid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Semantics GTR – but, I read it as saying “we’d like to if anyone would have us". Rather than "we are in a position to" - very differnt.

It actually seemed quite well balanced, SGR admit that they are not quick enough - so no body wants their "product". However, I remember same talk last year - which came to zip.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 22:42 (Ref:2545544)   #5
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perhaps they could offer Castrol a cut-price deal for a 2-car squad, and the packers could chip in to secure the 2 extra licenses? Of course the Fuchs branding woud have to disappear, but despite poor results, Tasman have done a very good job of promoting Sprint Gas.
Old 22 Sep 2009, 00:13 (Ref:2545589)   #6
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as Peckstar said, they can "want" to do anything they want, but with TC's desire to reduce to 28 REC's, what REC's are they going to operate the 3rd and 4th car under? If not expanding and rather merging, who would seriously want to join them? doesn't every other Holden team have a technical alliance or supply arrangement to either Holden itself, Walkinshoddy, or T8? I can't see SGR being a desirable alternative.

Can't see it happening...
Old 22 Sep 2009, 04:54 (Ref:2545676)   #7
SJA
Racer

Australia
SJA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doubt it. Not enough RECs to go around.

Tasman would do better to bin their engineering arm, sell off their tin cans and become a Perkins Engineering customer meaning they could data share with the Kelly's. 6 cars are better than 4.
Old 24 Sep 2009, 06:28 (Ref:2547131)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There used to be a little fella in the middle of Europe that reckoned if you said something over and over and over and over and over and over... again.. that it would come true.

Is this True Here?
Old 24 Sep 2009, 06:47 (Ref:2547141)   #9
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When did Tasman suddenly over have Mr Miles and Mr "Poppa" Murphy as the shareholders. The article mentions none of the others which is a bit odd.

Has Mr Matthias shifted his total support to Fabian and the PCR/McMellon-owned team?

Did Mr Boult depart in a Cobb and Co stagecoach?

What of Big Bird and Trev? Have they gone back to panelbeating full-time?
Old 24 Sep 2009, 06:50 (Ref:2547143)   #10
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Miles in the V8 Press release
“And as a result of that I’ve talked to a number of teams up and down the pitlane who may be good partners… but we haven’t settled on a partnership with anybody,” he said.
because they all said "thanks, but no"?

if i continue to say it won't happen, maybe this will counter the little fella in the middle of europe impersonations
Old 24 Sep 2009, 06:55 (Ref:2547147)   #11
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GRM is a (semi)independent 2-car Holden team, any chance there? Perhaps Murph could be wheeling out an ex-GRM #51 Commodore soon, you wouldn't think there would be interest the other way... would lack-lustre Tasman have enough to offer GRM in order for the teams to decide to draw up a new spec car with the best of both?
Old 24 Sep 2009, 07:30 (Ref:2547158)   #12
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
GRM is a (semi)independent 2-car Holden team, any chance there? Perhaps Murph could be wheeling out an ex-GRM #51 Commodore soon, you wouldn't think there would be interest the other way... would lack-lustre Tasman have enough to offer GRM in order for the teams to decide to draw up a new spec car with the best of both?
engines maybe?????

can't see anything happening though.
Old 24 Sep 2009, 07:33 (Ref:2547162)   #13
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What about Brad Jones Racing?
Old 24 Sep 2009, 08:00 (Ref:2547181)   #14
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tasman dont seem to want to become WP customers, and Brad and Kim would be silly to leave
Old 24 Sep 2009, 11:57 (Ref:2547288)   #15
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
What of Big Bird and Trev? Have they gone back to panelbeating full-time?
Haven't been shareholders for some time.
Old 24 Sep 2009, 12:01 (Ref:2547294)   #16
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
What about Brad Jones Racing?
Somehow I don't think so while one W. Storey is there!
Old 24 Sep 2009, 12:05 (Ref:2547296)   #17
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there is the Team IntaRacing Licence up for sale
Old 24 Sep 2009, 13:25 (Ref:2547329)   #18
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
there is the Team IntaRacing Licence up for sale
No just the fragments of the car-less team. VESA reclaimed and dissolved the licence.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 01:41 (Ref:2547731)   #19
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
madman16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GRM would have to be the only possible partner in this idea wouldn't they?

And it wouldn't be GRM aligning with SGR but SGR aligning with GRM as it looks pretty clear that in the last 3 odd years that their cars are probably the worst of the holden brigade.

Murph would improve behind the wheel of a GRM commodore and Bargs would kind of be coming home
Old 25 Sep 2009, 01:45 (Ref:2547732)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
There are 4 GRM-built VE's in their Dandenong shed, with another new one on the way allegedly....

Would Tasman entertain buying GRM?
Old 25 Sep 2009, 02:05 (Ref:2547736)   #21
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
madman16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just join forces i would say wouldn't they? Big Gaz doesn't want to sell up does he?

Clearly SGR have admitted that they don't have the engineering strength to field a competitive car and this is the only way to go.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 02:07 (Ref:2547738)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Everything is for sale ... at the right price!
Old 25 Sep 2009, 05:59 (Ref:2547773)   #23
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's one for Pro....

SGR to change brands in a shock move - buying ex 888 falcons and sourcing engines from FPR....
Old 25 Sep 2009, 06:45 (Ref:2547790)   #24
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
Here's one for Pro....

SGR to change brands in a shock move - buying ex 888 falcons and sourcing engines from FPR....
And with Murph and McConville as the Drivers
Old 25 Sep 2009, 09:10 (Ref:2547858)   #25
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
ohh no the world is comming to an end!!!!!

*runs to corner to slit wrists*