Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Sep 2018, 15:59 (Ref:3852643)   #1
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
UK tv coverage

Which channel(if any) are the Australian Supercars on please?
Old 25 Sep 2018, 16:35 (Ref:3852646)   #2
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports...om#Motor_sport

No mention of Australian Supercars there. Perhaps Motorsport.tv?
Old 25 Sep 2018, 16:39 (Ref:3852648)   #3
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I watch it (not live) on MotorTrend
Old 25 Sep 2018, 17:14 (Ref:3852651)   #4
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Which channel(if any) are the Australian Supercars on please?
Have seen some this season possibly BT sport? Dissapointed by results from Simona
Old 25 Sep 2018, 17:59 (Ref:3852663)   #5
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Used to get highlights on Freesports (sky 422) and Motorsport TV, Motorsport TV had the live rights for Bathurst i believe but now they are closing down the channel that wont be shown live.

Its really a shame, a couple of years ago we used to get every race live on BT Sport, now nothing.
Old 26 Sep 2018, 07:52 (Ref:3852722)   #6
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports...om#Motor_sport

No mention of Australian Supercars there. Perhaps Motorsport.tv?
Unfortunately they are closing down at the end of September so no more Australian Supercars coverage in the UK.
Old 26 Sep 2018, 07:56 (Ref:3852723)   #7
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Used to get highlights on Freesports (sky 422) and Motorsport TV, Motorsport TV had the live rights for Bathurst i believe but now they are closing down the channel that wont be shown live.

Its really a shame, a couple of years ago we used to get every race live on BT Sport, now nothing.
Yes I've been following the races on Motorsport TV for a long time although the coverage has been a bit hit and miss at times. I really miss the Bathurst race this year, I'm wondering whether Freesports will show a delayed coverage but their listings don't show anything.
Old 26 Sep 2018, 11:01 (Ref:3852744)   #8
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have no idea as I've been in the UK for 2 years but haven't plugged the TV in yet. I can say, however, that the V8Superview product works pretty well and this year is in 1080 HD.
Old 26 Sep 2018, 18:33 (Ref:3852830)   #9
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Unfortunately they are closing down at the end of September so no more Australian Supercars coverage in the UK.
Motorsport.tv will shut down the linear channel, and become streaming only.
Old 26 Sep 2018, 22:05 (Ref:3852864)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
I have no idea as I've been in the UK for 2 years but haven't plugged the TV in yet. I can say, however, that the V8Superview product works pretty well and this year is in 1080 HD.
Which is, soon to be was, MotorsTV’s problem. Poor bitrate SD.
Old 2 Oct 2018, 13:38 (Ref:3854059)   #11
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
8pm Friday 12th October UK Freesports, 2 hour highlights of Bathurst Virgin Australia Supercars.
Old 25 Oct 2018, 07:16 (Ref:3859036)   #12
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Gold Coast 600 highlights on Freesports UK 10.30am Friday 26th Oct.
It seems now that Freesports are regularly showing highlights of the Australian Supercars after the demise of Motorsport TV.
Old 25 Oct 2018, 12:15 (Ref:3859090)   #13
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Gold Coast 600 highlights on Freesports UK 10.30am Friday 26th Oct.
It seems now that Freesports are regularly showing highlights of the Australian Supercars after the demise of Motorsport TV.
Thank you, I shall go and search that out.
Old 23 Mar 2019, 08:39 (Ref:3892907)   #14
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Does anyone have information on how to view the Aussie supercars on tv in the UK?
Old 23 Mar 2019, 10:13 (Ref:3892915)   #15
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1st weekend was shown on BT Sport but then 2nd weekend was a support race to F1 therefore not shown on BT Sport. I say check EPG nearer April as BT Sport might be showning the rest of the season this year
Old 23 Mar 2019, 10:19 (Ref:3892916)   #16
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Thanks for that, I did catch the Adelaide races on BT sport and the Melbourne races were initially scheduled on BT sport as well but were then removed.
Old 24 Mar 2019, 17:50 (Ref:3893089)   #17
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Prob a bit late but Supercars on FreeSports at 1830 tonight.....
Old 25 Mar 2019, 13:18 (Ref:3893247)   #18
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Melbourne popped up on Freesports at the weekend. Remarkably my box noticed and recorded it. No idea how.
Old 25 Mar 2019, 18:09 (Ref:3893327)   #19
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Prob a bit late but Supercars on FreeSports at 1830 tonight.....
Thanks for the heads up bit unfortunately I can't receive Freesports where I live
Old 26 Mar 2019, 06:25 (Ref:3893406)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up bit unfortunately I can't receive Freesports where I live
Sorry about that! I get it via freesat or freeview, I guess......
Old 26 Mar 2019, 07:53 (Ref:3893421)   #21
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Sorry about that! I get it via freesat or freeview, I guess......
Yes, but unfortunately that coverage is not nationwide (you guessed it, it's not available in my area either!)
Old 26 Mar 2019, 10:59 (Ref:3893455)   #22
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks for that, I did catch the Adelaide races on BT sport and the Melbourne races were initially scheduled on BT sport as well but were then removed.
I watched the Melbourne races on BT Sport 1 this morning on Virgin channel 527.
Old 26 Mar 2019, 11:57 (Ref:3893462)   #23
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Yes, but unfortunately that coverage is not nationwide (you guessed it, it's not available in my area either!)
Gosh, coverage is either a bit of of a lottery, or I live in a very privileged part of the country!

A lottery it is, then...
Old 26 Mar 2019, 16:09 (Ref:3893517)   #24
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
I watched the Melbourne races on BT Sport 1 this morning on Virgin channel 527.
How did you find out that it was being shown? finding stuff on BT sport is a complete lottery at times. Had I known I could have recorded it, have to look out for a rerun! I used to have a reasonable package deal with Virgin and I could get freesports as well but since we move 3 months ago I was pretty much snookered into taking a BT package through availability in our area, the only other option for a decent internet connection was with sky and mega £££'s. Some of these apps and multi choices of channel are an absolute nightmare, my 71 year old brain can't cope.

Last edited by justracing; 26 Mar 2019 at 16:25.
Old 26 Mar 2019, 16:51 (Ref:3893520)   #25
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=justracing;3893517]How did you find out that it was being shown? finding stuff on BT sport is a complete lottery at times.

I have Virgin with BT & Sky Sports as part of the package, I often go through the schedules when the adverts are on. I've just had a quick look through for the next 5 days but couldn't find it.