Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 6 Apr 2019, 19:39 (Ref:3895781)   #101
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
JPs comments about "being paid" and his post qualifying comment about working with "a team he can trust" seem to relate directly back to Warren Scotts bankruptcy last year, when JP's Z list showbiz mates suddenly all took an interest in it on twitter..
is it fair to say Jason is owed money from a business loan to BMR here
If the evidence of this is JPs Twitter, then I don't think it's "fair to say" much given the things he's posted on there before.
Old 6 Apr 2019, 19:55 (Ref:3895785)   #102
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I suppose its the same old story with qualifying, if you dont see it live on stream there is no way to watch it back later somehow?
Old 6 Apr 2019, 19:59 (Ref:3895787)   #103
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I suppose its the same old story with qualifying, if you dont see it live on stream there is no way to watch it back later somehow?
I had a look and couldn't see it on the ITV site.

Tbh it wasn't that good. 3 red flags and very anti-climatic, with times not improving, despite what you'd expect on a wet track. Very odd session!
Old 6 Apr 2019, 20:50 (Ref:3895790)   #104
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
JPs comments about "being paid" and his post qualifying comment about working with "a team he can trust" seem to relate directly back to Warren Scotts bankruptcy last year, when JP's Z list showbiz mates suddenly all took an interest in it on twitter..
Warren Scott stood down as a director of BMR at the start of Feb, he has now re-taken that position, so whatever the potential bankruptcy issue was, I assume it's now been resolved.
Old 6 Apr 2019, 20:57 (Ref:3895793)   #105
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If anybody's going to Brands Hatch on Sunday, I hope it's warmer & drier than today - around 7°C with a northerly wind and misty rain/drizzle all day wasn't fun - even with multiple layers on.

Still, at least the free taster pieces of Ginsters were warm (I can recommend the chicken & chorizzo version)
Old 6 Apr 2019, 20:58 (Ref:3895794)   #106
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
https://www.itv.com/btcc/races/btcc-...m-brands-hatch
Old 6 Apr 2019, 21:17 (Ref:3895796)   #107
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Oh wow, thanks so much Nige...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
If anybody's going to Brands Hatch on Sunday, I hope it's warmer & drier than today - around 7°C with a northerly wind and misty rain/drizzle all day wasn't fun - even with multiple layers on.

Still, at least the free taster pieces of Ginsters were warm (I can recommend the chicken & chorizzo version)
I'm at the Paddock stand tomorrow. I am packing layers but I dont think it will be that cold. Looking at the weather its looking like it may rain in the PM, so bring a waterproof.
Old 6 Apr 2019, 21:25 (Ref:3895798)   #108
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm at the Paddock stand tomorrow. I am packing layers but I dont think it will be that cold. Looking at the weather its looking like it may rain in the PM, so bring a waterproof.
I'm not there tomorrow so I'll be watching from the warmth of my sofa!
Old 6 Apr 2019, 21:34 (Ref:3895799)   #109
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Caught the end of the session. Shame about the red flags, it was brewing up nicely before then

Great job by Sutton, still top driver and Plato, fair play to him too.

Good to see all 4 BMWs in the top ten, great effort by Turkington and Oliphant already up to speed in that car. And Jelly, on that performance I hope his 2018 luck is behind him now

Good to see Nic mixing it with the midfield there
Old 6 Apr 2019, 22:00 (Ref:3895805)   #110
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Good to see all 4 BMWs in the top ten, great effort by Turkington and Oliphant already up to speed in that car. And Jelly, on that performance I hope his 2018 luck is behind him now
Except his car was found to be illegal (failed ride height check) and has been excluded meaning he'll start the first race from last place.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 08:53 (Ref:3895838)   #111
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yeah, just read that, what has he got to do to catch a break?
Old 7 Apr 2019, 09:19 (Ref:3895840)   #112
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Very foggy at Brands this morning. Wouldn’t be surprised if the timetable is thrown out the window.

I can’t see how they can race as it is currently.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 09:37 (Ref:3895846)   #113
S griffin
Veteran

Really hope it clears up in time. So far coverage has been good
Old 7 Apr 2019, 09:43 (Ref:3895847)   #114
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Except his car was found to be illegal (failed ride height check) and has been excluded meaning he'll start the first race from last place.
Damage from an excursion in qualifying damaged the exhaust and it caused the left side to fail the test.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 10:07 (Ref:3895851)   #115
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I don't normally watch Qualifying, but is the stream normally this bad?

I've uploaded higher quality crap to YouTube from my phone.
Just be thankful they stopped using Flash! That took until the back end of last season.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 10:11 (Ref:3895852)   #116
Londoner
Racer

Londoner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are we totally sure Nic Hamilton is related to Lewis? Like, Nic's such a nice bloke and you can tell he's so happy to even be on the grid, almost the exact opposite of Lewis. I bet he pays his taxes as well.

I'd be amazed if they actually go racing at 1130, that is some ridiculous amount of fog.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 10:15 (Ref:3895855)   #117
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if any support race will have to go to another day due to this fog issue.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 10:19 (Ref:3895856)   #118
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
I wonder if any support race will have to go to another day due to this fog issue.
They'll run today or not at all.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 10:24 (Ref:3895859)   #119
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBoy View Post
They'll run today or not at all.
When there’s been a schedule change in previous years for accidents or weather, they’ve ran at another round. The Clios did it in 2015, race one was abandoned and happened at Donington on the Saturday before race three. That’s what they’d do again.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 10:25 (Ref:3895861)   #120
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cars are out on track.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 10:31 (Ref:3895863)   #121
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
When there’s been a schedule change in previous years for accidents or weather, they’ve ran at another round. The Clios did it in 2015, race one was abandoned and happened at Donington on the Saturday before race three. That’s what they’d do again.
Yes. Sorry, to be clear what I meant is that they won't extend the Brands meeting past ~ 6pm Sunday. I was stood trackside as the Clios crashed 100 yards away on that Saturday in 2015. Nasty accident that. An additional race was scheduled in for the Saturday at Donington (the next meeting).
Old 7 Apr 2019, 10:41 (Ref:3895867)   #122
Londoner
Racer

Londoner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Josh Cook with perhaps the smartest move of the season already, started on slicks way down the field he's now charging away in the lead and we're only at half distance!

Why on earth didn't WSR gamble and put one of their three drivers on slicks?

Last edited by Londoner; 7 Apr 2019 at 10:51.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 10:59 (Ref:3895870)   #123
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like BTCC's Daytona or Talladega
Old 7 Apr 2019, 11:02 (Ref:3895871)   #124
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
Josh Cook with perhaps the smartest move of the season already, started on slicks way down the field he's now charging away in the lead and we're only at half distance!

Why on earth didn't WSR gamble and put one of their three drivers on slicks?
Nice edit!
Old 7 Apr 2019, 11:02 (Ref:3895872)   #125
swooshiain
Racer

Scotland
swooshiain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, that was a coupon-buster!