Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Nov 2000, 12:46 (Ref:47548)   #1
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Jonesy here, just read that HRT have banned Craig from racing in Adelaide as his contract doesn't run out to the following day, the 1/1/2001. he's sure to sign with ole' Henry now I reckon! On the supercar special on 10 Ingall asked Skaife whether he thought Craig would drive into the wall on the top of the mountain as a goodbye kiss to the team and Skaife... I'll start the beting at 4 to 1 Craig has a moment on the mountain this year.
Old 9 Nov 2000, 13:11 (Ref:47560)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whats the betting for a Clowndes/Muller incident? Possibly in the first turn??
Old 9 Nov 2000, 20:20 (Ref:47658)   #3
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Muller will stall on the grid. Lowndes will not finish due to Skaife hitting some one. Tander will finish third and take the Championship. The horse to win the Melbourne Cup? I meant to give you that one last week, sorry.
Old 9 Nov 2000, 22:19 (Ref:47676)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i hope craig does park it somewhere and i reckon all of the hrt fans will be on his side, they are a pack of ****ers hrt and dont deserve to carry no.1 on the side of the car in 2001 (sorry skaifey, great year, but i am not a big fan).

GO GARTH
Old 9 Nov 2000, 23:21 (Ref:47702)   #5
Alan Jones
Veteran

I'm with you there gomick. Don't really mind how he does it but a reenactment of the channel 9 camaro rolling in the cutting would make for some great footage, with , in a perfect scenario, a window showing the look on Skaifes face as he watches the replay. C'mon Craig, make it a big one!!!!! Give them the same sort of sendoff they are giving you!!!!!
Old 10 Nov 2000, 01:53 (Ref:47731)   #6
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You people would have to be kidding wouldn't you ?

Bathurst is Bathurst, the most sacred and holy day of all days. Do you honestly think Craig will go out there not trying to win it despite the irreconcilable differences between he and HRT ?
Old 10 Nov 2000, 03:30 (Ref:47741)   #7
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ok, he'll win, then drive the car to the top of the hill where the boys and girls will help tear the car down
Old 10 Nov 2000, 05:17 (Ref:47751)   #8
Alan Jones
Veteran

Yes Buckshot,Bathurst is Bathurst and when we all get to hear the REAL story as to why Craig is leaving HRT maybe you'll be enlightened as to why so many astute and downright serious members of this forum feel this way. Jesyus, would you be happier if Craig took the man's way out thru the trees like our good mate Dick??? Or better still, lets drop a rock in front of Skaife and that'll take the heat of OUr Craig ( Thanks for the inspiration DJ)HRT suck big ones, and are acting more like an English out fit than an Aussie one. Too much influence from Their main man Tom!
I'm really starting to like the Rock idea, Maybe 10 could run a prize for the best likeness of Craig on a piece of rock. Or the best message to Skaife inscibed on it. Love it,
maybe DJR will even sponsor it and the winner gets a ride with Dick round the mountain and get to fill the car up with Shell OIl for the 1st prize. YEh Baby, I'm inspired.
Any ideas Moffatt???Ohn and Buckshot, lighten up, have a VB or two, fantastic for the brain and your general wellbeing.
Also, did it hurt? Have you ever considered racing in the Nascar or Stockcar comp... in the USA. You got a great start with that Nickname.
Old 10 Nov 2000, 08:32 (Ref:47761)   #9
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jonesy

Jonesy,

I always new you were an opinionated ******* but the preceeding post is one of the funniest ones I have read, well since the last funniest one I read.

I do agree with most of your comments, which does suprise me indeed! Buckshot - I can see the family resemblance with the last name that you share with Allan (the 1890) world champion. By your own words boy you must be a good ole boy!

In my day - and who among you has won 4 Bathurst races? You'd just nurf the recalcitrant out of the way. Witness the driving style tactics and demenour of (the other Allan) Grice. Notice how all the horrible people drive Holdens!

I think that all the money will go down the drain when the car comes off the rails but it will be Skaifey who F's up!

Allan Moffatt OBE
4 times Bathurst Winner
"I used to race GT's now I........."
Old 10 Nov 2000, 10:34 (Ref:47776)   #10
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The home towns starting to come to life.

The talk at work this morning was exactly how Lowndes would would take out hrt. NOw Lowndes certianly wont be silly enough to make it his fault. The best way to do it would be on his in lap just before handing over to skaife(shell series runner-up) would be to give the engine a nice over rev, skaife will go out and blow the thing up. The computer will show what lowndes did , but every one will remember it was skaife at the wheel.
On a more serious note he also only has to wait until MULLER is within half a lap and he will probably take him out.
See you in the pits.
mtpanorama
Old 12 Nov 2000, 10:22 (Ref:48028)   #11
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This has to be the dumbest topic I have ever seen posted in this forum, seriously you guys are a challenge to Bertt's title in the Gravel Trap. There is absolutely no way whatsoever that Craig Lowndes would deliberately crash a car at Bathurst, even if it's not a hugely spectacular crash, every shunt hurts, believe me I know about this.

There is no way Craig will willingly hurt himself to make a statement. Besides, no-one has considered the possibility that Lowndes and Skaife will still be team-mates next year. Don't be surprised when this is announced at Christmas time.

Regardless, of any perceived animosity at HRT, Craig knows that Bathurst is the big one. You Moff, said so yourself, "there is only Bathurst, the rest is just waiting." Lowndesy wants to win, Skaife only needs top 15. That's where the conflict of interest is.
Old 12 Nov 2000, 21:30 (Ref:48105)   #12
Alan Jones
Veteran

Dear David,

LIGHTEN UP!!!!!!!
Forums aren't just places to discuss and argue relative points of view but can also be used to provide a little light hearted entertainment, Believe it or not. Do you understand comedy? Have you ever " taken the ****?" Jesus, life is too short and if it really bugs you, vote with your feet.There are plenty of serious forums covered in TEn tenths and I'm sure there are many subscribers who feel just like you, why don't you go and find them.
I'm sure you'll be the life of the party!!!!
BEER IS GOOD
ford TO win
Old 14 Nov 2000, 10:44 (Ref:48274)   #13
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
AJ,
I agree with you. Acording to David we arent allowed to have any fun. One of the main reasons i joined the forum was because it looked like a lot of fun. So keep up the great topics and we'll all keep having a great time.
Time to put on my serious hat now and try and come up with an even sillier topic.(maybe what Richard Mork will be fined for this year.)
See ya mtpanorama
Old 14 Nov 2000, 11:37 (Ref:48279)   #14
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Will he get fined for stealing soap from the toilet?
Old 15 Nov 2000, 06:33 (Ref:48394)   #15
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i hope morky takes his VP to the mountain
Old 15 Nov 2000, 07:49 (Ref:48404)   #16
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Too late, the VP was turned into the VS
Old 15 Nov 2000, 08:26 (Ref:48412)   #17
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
We should bag morky too much at least hes out there having a drive around Mt Panorama. Ah why not ,I started this.He will probably win the best presented team award.(sponsored by vinnies)
Old 15 Nov 2000, 11:00 (Ref:48421)   #18
Airhead
Veteran

Morky gets the most photogenic car and driver award!
Old 16 Nov 2000, 03:58 (Ref:48539)   #19
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Nobody should rag Morky. He should tell everyone to blow it out their arse, and take his purple HQ up there...my betting is it would give HRT a good run
Old 16 Nov 2000, 11:43 (Ref:48574)   #20
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alan Jones, you suggest I lighten up and develop a sense of humour, well you're demonstrating the fact that you are new here, because the old hands here have tasted my particularly dry brand of humour. I agree forums should be fun, that's why I come here, I get enough seriousness at work, but you don't have to be stupid to have fun and suggesting that any driver will deliberately wreck his car is absolutely stupid and childish.

Finally, I'm somewhat shocked and offended by your suggestion that I, a long standing member of and contributor to this forum, should go somewhere else if I'm not happy with what you new people have to say! I'm not going anywhere, this is the best forum on the net, always has been, because we give everyone a fair go, it doesn't get personal and insults aren't tolerated. I suggest you ALSO visit the Gravel Trap, I think you'll love it in there.
Old 18 Nov 2000, 08:33 (Ref:48845)   #21
Alan Jones
Veteran

You sure you have a sense of humour?, can't answer that one But as to making me laugh, you've succeeded. That was a lovely little dummyspit for one so " mature". My suggestion in my last message that you could go somewhere else meant any one of a number of different forums on tentenths so don't get your Knickers in a Knot. As to being such a "legend" , I'm really happy for you.Your'e obviously famous.Congratulations. ^There , do you feel better?
Oh , and by the way, incase I havern't mentioned it........

LIGHTEN UP YOU WALLY!!!!!!!!
Old 19 Nov 2000, 23:48 (Ref:49067)   #22
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Aww shucks, it was Matt Neal who ruined their day...

What did you think about the lack of trust they showed towards Lowndes?

There was absolutely nothing there at all, HRT were ****ting bricks that he was going to stick it in..

If I were Craig, the radio communications would have gone something along the lines of-
"Cool it Craig..."
"Only if you let me race in Adelaide"
Old 20 Nov 2000, 08:13 (Ref:49100)   #23
Alan Jones
Veteran

Yep Crash test,
They were indeed very worried. Probably been logging in under the Moffatt nickname!!How was Faulkner though. Must have seen him go off and take a few with him at least 3 times and as for Matt neal, driving like that might work in the 2 litres but as for bathurst, you have got to be joking.
And poor FRT getting caught up in it. Good race all in all but notice they didn't have 1 interview with any of the dudes like Crompton who were taken out. Corporate TV sucks big ones, the abuse factor is always enjoyable and I think the coverage suffered without it.
Old 20 Nov 2000, 09:23 (Ref:49107)   #24
Airhead
Veteran

It ain't that bad

Yes,

A Ford didn't win - that's bad
HRT didn't win - that's good
Ingall/Perkins didn't win - that's even better

Mork finished. Does he have a team T Shirt, put me down for one!

And AJ you are right, just Wayne Gardner shedding a tear, Ingall shedding insults and every body else absent from the cast. Except the Chiko girls, but nobody was talking to them..
Old 21 Nov 2000, 04:56 (Ref:49274)   #25
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
AJ, dummy spit my arse! I think my last post was both calm and friendly, like me. I never claimed to be famous or a legend, did you actually read my post? Go back and try again, slowly this time.

Oh, and I'm not going anywhere, I like this forum and the people who come here and will continue to do so. Just a question, when you arrive at a party that's already in full swing, do you march in, insult those already there and demand the music be changed to something that you like? I hope not.

I think I've been misunderstood by you and maybe one or two other newcomers, I'm not saying we have to be too serious, I agree we should come here to have fun, but obviously my idea of a fun discussion is different to yours. Hey that's ok with me, it's a free country.