Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Nov 2010, 13:12 (Ref:2784413)   #26
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
If you're that weird, I dare you to try commentating (kind of) under your breath and seeing how far you get before repeating yourself... Pretty bloody hard.
I couldn't do it mate. It isn't just talking, as many think. It takes real skill. I watched the Indy 500 with the sound off once and couldn't work out what was happening for myself, let alone describe it accurately to listeners in real time without error.

So yeah, I think Legard does a good job. It's still funny to parody his style though.
Old 3 Nov 2010, 13:13 (Ref:2784417)   #27
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Nah that's what i'm saying... as much as we rip him, i'd never say "it's an easy job!!". I just think there's many guys out there who could do a better job for the salary he gets...

Selby
Old 3 Nov 2010, 13:25 (Ref:2784422)   #28
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
So yeah, I think Legard does a good job. It's still funny to parody his style though.
...which, let's face it, people did for years with Murray. In fact, even Murray parodied Murray at times! James Allen even started to take the p--- out of himself towards the end of the ITV contract.

In other sports, John Motson comes in for a lot of impressions, as does Alan Green (sorry non-UK folks, they're BBC TV and Radio stalwarts). You put yourself above the parapet of public attention and (sadly) people will take pot-shots at you. Some will be respectful, some humorous, some downright rude, but they're only doing it because you (the public person) are out there to be shot at. Bravo to the collective folk who do those jobs - I don't think I could!
Old 3 Nov 2010, 14:11 (Ref:2784440)   #29
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Has ledgard threatened legal action here or something, its all gone very serious and complimentary ha ha.

EXTRAORDINARY, WUF, JINKING BACK AND FORWARTH, AND HERE HE IS, TED WHAT SAY YOU
Old 3 Nov 2010, 14:28 (Ref:2784444)   #30
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
lmao Sorry, didn't mean to bring the tone down... the hill, round the corner!!!

Selby
Old 3 Nov 2010, 16:11 (Ref:2784477)   #31
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
For the record, I actually think he is quite good. Better than James Allen.

But nevermind that, what about Jenson Button?

Last edited by steve_r; 3 Nov 2010 at 16:16.
Old 3 Nov 2010, 17:39 (Ref:2784517)   #32
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was only trying to make an OH MY, WHAT'S THAT? THAT'S A PROBLEM! THEY'RE NOT GOING TO LIKE THAT! TED, WHAT SAY YOU?
Old 4 Nov 2010, 08:54 (Ref:2784784)   #33
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
For the record, I actually think he is quite good. Better than James Allen.

But nevermind that, what about Jenson Button?

Old 4 Nov 2010, 09:00 (Ref:2784785)   #34
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Australia 2002:

JL: And were away, fantastic start by barrachello but he's under presure from Montoya in the OHH MY Martin could they both be out of it, but never mind that MAYHEM in the mid-section as well!,

MB: Yeah Rubens just didn't get aw...

JL Look how quick Montoya got off the line...JUST FABULOUS

MB: Thats actually the sister williams of Ral...

JL: Catapulted into the air there Martin?

MB: Absoloutley Jonathan yeah no doubt abou....

JL: Ted's in the pits with Paul Stodart the Minardi principle to get his views on what we've just seen, Ted what say you?

MB: *the unmistakeable sound of a gun being cocked*
Old 4 Nov 2010, 10:30 (Ref:2784828)   #35
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"And the 1980 season is about to.... Lights out! And we're away! Jones gets away well, down the hill into turn one it's Jones, ground effect! Laffite, ground effect! Pironi, ground effect! Piquet, ground effect! Andretti, ground effect! Now what can Watson do here... MAKING A MOVE IS HE?!? Not close enough. It's Jones leading, the ground effect working really well, crucial to his race hopes."

(Brundle) "Phenomenal start from Gilles Villeneuve, he ju..."

"Was that another electric Gilles Villeneuve getaway Martin, what say you?"

(Brundle) "And look, Piquet looking to get up the ins...."

"WHOOOOF! But nevermind all that, what about Jenson Button?!? Ted is in a maternity ward in Frome, TED WHAT NEWS?"

(Ted) "That's right Jonathan, I am in a maternity ward in Frome. John Button, Jenson's father, is pacing about anxiously. You can cut the tension here with a... Oh and as I speak, the Frome nurses are up and they are getting ready for a stop. Jenson is coming... they're getting everything ready. Opting for a soft compound, green trim baby blanket. It's looking good, Jenson exits smoothly, quickly and efficiently. That must be one of the fastest births I have ever seen, Jonathan! But will that soft blanket be good enough Martin?"

"Extraordinary..."
Old 4 Nov 2010, 13:14 (Ref:2784889)   #36
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
HAHAHA oh God......

Selby
Old 4 Nov 2010, 14:44 (Ref:2784942)   #37
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
These parodies are going to make me enjoy Legard's actually commentary more this weekend.
Old 4 Nov 2010, 14:47 (Ref:2784946)   #38
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I'm going to play buzz word bingo with Legard this weekend, based on all of our favourites in this thread:

Battle joined
Up the hill/down the hill
WOOF!
That's not what he wants
Is there a problem?
Is it going to be good enough?
What about Jenson Button?
Ted, what news?
Extraordinary!

I might even take a drink every time he mentions the season finale in Abbadabby.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 4 Nov 2010, 14:52 (Ref:2784950)   #39
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 4 Nov 2010, 15:43 (Ref:2784968)   #40
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
I'm going to play buzz word bingo with Legard this weekend, based on all of our favourites in this thread:
Oh my goodness me, I've just laughed myself hoarse at this thread

Enjoy the GP - I'll be playing catch with Formula Fords at Silverstone!
Old 4 Nov 2010, 16:42 (Ref:2784987)   #41
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Just make sure you shout WOOF! anytime anything at all happens.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 4 Nov 2010, 19:22 (Ref:2785059)   #42
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
And every single time they pass you: "Over the hill, round the corner"

Born Racer, you're right - I think I might actually enjoy the commentary a bit more now... I can almost see this getting to the point where we don't want Legard replaced lmao

Selby
Old 4 Nov 2010, 19:52 (Ref:2785071)   #43
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
I can almost see this getting to the point where we don't want Legard replaced lmao

Selby
Naaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 4 Nov 2010, 20:15 (Ref:2785079)   #44
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Old 4 Nov 2010, 23:03 (Ref:2785156)   #45
JackN
Racer

United Kingdom
Norrrrrfolk
JackN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I might even take a drink every time he mentions the season finale in Abbadabby.
Yes!! I'm glad someone else has noticed Abba Dabby! Sounds like a 70s tribute act

Last edited by JackN; 4 Nov 2010 at 23:14.
Old 5 Nov 2010, 01:27 (Ref:2785199)   #46
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Belgium '98 revisited...

Legard: And... we're away! ...

Brundle: McLarens getting off the line but look at Villen...

Legard: And! That's! That's Villeneuve, Martin! Villeneuve coming up now, can he do it? Round the hairpin they go, round La Source, the hairpin here, it's turn one at Spa, and yes! Villeneuve has done it! Villeneuve leads for Williams once again!

Brundle: Well he's up to second, but Hakkinen leads and oh we've got a cr...

Legard: WOOF! Everyone's crashing! It's mayhem here at Spa! The race has barely got underway and already everyone's crashing, Martin!

Brundle: There'll be a red flag...

Legard: And this is just extraordinary! Cars spinning, crashing into one another! But, meanwhile, Villeneuve gets away! This will be a real shot in the arm for him!

Brundle: No, they'll red fl...

Legard: But how will he get through here in a lap's time? There are cars everywhere, Martin!

Brundle: Red flag is ou...

Legard: And that's a red flag! A red flag! There race has been stopped! And just look at this total carnage. And what will this mean for Jacques Villeneuve, from Canada, world champion, in the Williams, who was leading the race; it was a real shot in the arm for him to be leading, but now the race has been stopped, and that's not what he wanted there.

Brundle: Hakkinen was leading, Villeneuve second...

Legard: And there's... Mika Hakkinen...

Brundle: That's Coulthard.

Legard: That's David Coulthard there, yes. But where... where is Mika Hakkinen? And what's happened to him? This is just extraordinary. In all the mayhem we have lost sight of Mika Hakkinen.

Walker: And look at that! It's Brundle! At least I think it's Brundle. Yes! Martin Brundle is really taking the fight to Jonathan Legard now in the commentary box! And he looks ab... so... lutely... furious
Old 5 Nov 2010, 07:10 (Ref:2785248)   #47
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Battle joined
Up the hill/down the hill
WOOF!
That's not what he wants
Is there a problem?
Is it going to be good enough?
What about Jenson Button?
Ted, what news?
Extraordinary!

"Kicking on"
Old 5 Nov 2010, 09:00 (Ref:2785257)   #48
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy View Post
Belgium '98 revisited...

Legard: And... we're away! ...

Brundle: McLarens getting off the line but look at Villen...

Legard: And! That's! That's Villeneuve, Martin! Villeneuve coming up now, can he do it? Round the hairpin they go, round La Source, the hairpin here, it's turn one at Spa, and yes! Villeneuve has done it! Villeneuve leads for Williams once again!

Brundle: Well he's up to second, but Hakkinen leads and oh we've got a cr...

Legard: WOOF! Everyone's crashing! It's mayhem here at Spa! The race has barely got underway and already everyone's crashing, Martin!

Brundle: There'll be a red flag...

Legard: And this is just extraordinary! Cars spinning, crashing into one another! But, meanwhile, Villeneuve gets away! This will be a real shot in the arm for him!

Brundle: No, they'll red fl...

Legard: But how will he get through here in a lap's time? There are cars everywhere, Martin!

Brundle: Red flag is ou...

Legard: And that's a red flag! A red flag! There race has been stopped! And just look at this total carnage. And what will this mean for Jacques Villeneuve, from Canada, world champion, in the Williams, who was leading the race; it was a real shot in the arm for him to be leading, but now the race has been stopped, and that's not what he wanted there.

Brundle: Hakkinen was leading, Villeneuve second...

Legard: And there's... Mika Hakkinen...

Brundle: That's Coulthard.

Legard: That's David Coulthard there, yes. But where... where is Mika Hakkinen? And what's happened to him? This is just extraordinary. In all the mayhem we have lost sight of Mika Hakkinen.

Walker: And look at that! It's Brundle! At least I think it's Brundle. Yes! Martin Brundle is really taking the fight to Jonathan Legard now in the commentary box! And he looks ab... so... lutely... furious
Brilliant, but you forgot "What news Ted?"
Old 5 Nov 2010, 09:09 (Ref:2785262)   #49
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo View Post
Brilliant, but you forgot "What news Ted?"
Yes, but to bring in Murray Walker and "ab... so... lutely... furious" was a master-stroke...
Old 5 Nov 2010, 10:47 (Ref:2785289)   #50
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone do the end of the 2008 Brazilian GP please... I don't have the talent to type while laughing my ass off.