Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Nov 2010, 11:10 (Ref:2785296)   #51
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
"Kicking on"
I missed "shot in the arm" as well, which Chiefy's post has reminded me of.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 5 Nov 2010, 11:13 (Ref:2785298)   #52
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
hahahahahahaha Villenueve

Selby
Old 7 Nov 2010, 07:20 (Ref:2786185)   #53
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo View Post
Someone do the end of the 2008 Brazilian GP please... I don't have the talent to type while laughing my ass off.
Just replace James Allen's voice saying "Is that Glock?" with Legard...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 8 Nov 2010, 09:37 (Ref:2786886)   #54
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was anyone else incredibly disappointed with Legards commentry for the Brazilian Grand Prix. Nothing was extraordinary, battle was never joined, there were no WOOF!'s. Honestly, at Interlagos I at least expected and up/down the hill since there's so many of them. Almost as if Legard had read this and decided to prove us wrong.

A shame he didn't read us complain about him interupting Brundle.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 09:54 (Ref:2786897)   #55
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
/\ I was going to say the same thing.

It's as if he's bloody read all this!! And yeah, it's a shame he didn't read the interruptions bit. There was still plenty of that.

Selby
Old 8 Nov 2010, 09:56 (Ref:2786898)   #56
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JL "What News Ted?"

TK "The BBC are firing you after this season because your useless!"

JL "WOOF!"
Old 8 Nov 2010, 12:48 (Ref:2786995)   #57
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Australia 1994:

JL: This is Schumacher. Leading from Hill. Benetton from Williams! The two championship contenders as they come into Turn 4. Schumacher has the advantage and it's absolutely crucial for Hill to keep him in check at the moment! Through this tight nip and tuck section!

MB: Ooh no Schumacher's made an er-

JL: And Schumacher runs out! WHOOF into the wall! Where does this leave Damon Hill? They come towards Turn 6! This is crucial! Does Schumacher have a problem?! Hill about to go through!

MB: Schumacher's not making it easy-

JL: And Schumacher does he have a problem?! He's not going to let Hill through as they come into the Turn and OOWWWOOOF they collide! Schumacher is airborne! Into the wall! Hill continues but does he have a problem? It's battle joined in Australia! This is crucial!

MB: It looks like Hill has some steering damag-

JL: And look at this! Hill taking it very slowly indeed! Is his car damaged, perhaps a steering problem Martin?

MB: I just said tha-

JL: And now Ted Kravitz is in the pits?!

TK: Well guys, I'm in the McLaren garage, and to be honest, they don't really have any involvement in this incident whatsoever.

JL: Extraordinary!

MB: So if Damon is unable to continue it will mean that Michael Schumacher is Formula 1 Champ-

JL: But never mind this, what about Jenson Button?!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 8 Nov 2010, 13:45 (Ref:2787034)   #58
boyracer019
Rookie

boyracer019 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by awrb View Post
Was anyone else incredibly disappointed with Legards commentry for the Brazilian Grand Prix. Nothing was extraordinary, battle was never joined, there were no WOOF!'s. Honestly, at Interlagos I at least expected and up/down the hill since there's so many of them. Almost as if Legard had read this and decided to prove us wrong.

A shame he didn't read us complain about him interupting Brundle.

In the interests of research - and because I had turned it into a drinking game - I made a list and then sat back with a glass and a pen

Battle Joined - 0
Up the Hill - 8
Down the Hill - 2
WOOF - 0
Thats not what he wants - 0
Is there a problem - 2
Is that going to be good enough - 0
What about Jenson Button - 0
Ted, what news? - 1
Extraordinary - 4
Kicking on - 0

Up the hill - not surprisingly was used in context (it is a big old hill)
Ted, what news? - I have been a bit generous here as the catchphrase was used in and amongst something else
There were a flurry of Extraordinaries during a five minute period towards the
end

Now nursing a hangover
Old 8 Nov 2010, 13:55 (Ref:2787039)   #59
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I'm sure I heard a "What about Hamilton" in there somewhere. Wrong driver, but does it still count?
Old 8 Nov 2010, 14:28 (Ref:2787054)   #60
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
lmfao that's so funny! I remember the burst of 'extraordinary's!

Selby
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyracer019 View Post
In the interests of research - and because I had turned it into a drinking game - I made a list and then sat back with a glass and a pen

Battle Joined - 0
Up the Hill - 8
Down the Hill - 2
WOOF - 0
Thats not what he wants - 0
Is there a problem - 2
Is that going to be good enough - 0
What about Jenson Button - 0
Ted, what news? - 1
Extraordinary - 4
Kicking on - 0

Up the hill - not surprisingly was used in context (it is a big old hill)
Ted, what news? - I have been a bit generous here as the catchphrase was used in and amongst something else
There were a flurry of Extraordinaries during a five minute period towards the
end

Now nursing a hangover
Old 8 Nov 2010, 16:58 (Ref:2787121)   #61
JackN
Racer

United Kingdom
Norrrrrfolk
JackN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brazil 2010

JL: Climbing this hill...up for the final time...the 71st time! Started from the front row...into first place at the first corner...and he's still there at the end of the race! He needed to win...and he has won! His title challenge is still on track!

Oh, no, wait. This happened.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 18:17 (Ref:2787160)   #62
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post
JL: And Schumacher does he have a problem?! He's not going to let Hill through as they come into the Turn and OOWWWOOOF they collide! Schumacher is airborne! Into the wall! Hill continues but does he have a problem? It's battle joined in Australia! This is crucial!
Might I suggest Legard would've said "Schumacher's gone right up there"?
Old 9 Nov 2010, 10:21 (Ref:2787518)   #63
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
I like the way you think sir!
Old 10 Nov 2010, 08:45 (Ref:2787951)   #64
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Hungary 2006:

JL: ...They said he might never win a Grand Prix... HE'S DONE IT! JENSON BUTTON! WINS! THE HUNGARIAN! GRAND PRIX! GET IN THERE!

MB: *carefree on holiday in the Bahamas*
Old 10 Nov 2010, 19:21 (Ref:2788222)   #65
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!

Brundle: "So here we go again after that brief safety car period Schumacher should be able to pull away, but Montoya will want to keep in touch on the cold tyres....."

Legard: "up the hill, arounds the curve, apex to apex Coulthard is third then it's the 2 Jordans of Trulli and Frentzen....

Brundle: "So Schumacher's at the front as expected then with Montoya second completing the lap then, but Montoya looks verrrry close into the braking zone...is he having a look???... WOAH incredible..."

Legard: "What's this, Montoya, EXTROADINARY, Montoya up the inside of Schumacher into the first turn Martin, Martin...."

Brundle (elated): "That was an astonishing manouvre, Schumacher braked late for the turn and started to turn in but he clearly didn't expect Montoya to brake even later and just launch his car at hi......"

Legard: "Absolutely, OOOF, wham bam thankyou........ er Sam? The German, outfoxed , has lost the lead to the young fiery Chilean upstart"

Brundle: " He's Colombian isn't he....."

Legard: " Is he? Why do you say that Martin, surely it would be beneficial for...."

Brundle: " Click, click... KABOOM...."
Old 12 Nov 2010, 03:49 (Ref:2788950)   #66
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JL: In the back of this ambulance here, zipping left and right up the hill, around the corner. Ted, what news?

TK: Well Jonathon, I'm down here at Virgin Racing and they've suggested that with that amount of blood loss, you're ****ed. Coming from a virgin that is something...

JL: Battle joined here with me fighting for my life. But where is Button?

JB(in bed with a girl): Oh, sod off Jonathan *bed squeaking noises*
Old 12 Nov 2010, 08:59 (Ref:2789005)   #67
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
lmao no, this topic is definitely having a reverse effect...

I find myself wanting to hear him so I can laugh now

Maybe Jonathan will become as loveable as Murray? Maybe 'extraordinary' may become a popular sports catchphrase along the lines of "and it's go-go-go!"... I'll get me coat.

Selby
Old 12 Nov 2010, 19:49 (Ref:2789310)   #68
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
lmao no, this topic is definitely having a reverse effect...

I find myself wanting to hear him so I can laugh now

Maybe Jonathan will become as loveable as Murray? Maybe 'extraordinary' may become a popular sports catchphrase along the lines of "and it's go-go-go!"... I'll get me coat.

Selby
I cant agree with that. I cant see Leggard doing pre race warmups as Murray used.
...Battle joined.
Old 13 Nov 2010, 04:28 (Ref:2789470)   #69
willb
Racer

willb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SpeedTV booth
Bob Varsha: David, look over in the BBC booth. Isn't that Martin going for Jonathan?
David Hobbs: Yes, he is and hes got... Oh, my. Kablamo!
Old 13 Nov 2010, 13:23 (Ref:2789640)   #70
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JL 'And Alonso crosses the line winning the race and championship but never mind that, Martin?, How do you think Button is coping since the attempted car jacking incident?'
Old 13 Nov 2010, 13:31 (Ref:2789642)   #71
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
New phrase alert!

"Ted, what latest?"
Old 13 Nov 2010, 16:51 (Ref:2789702)   #72
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
New phrase alert!

"Ted, what latest?"
That was a moment of pure shock for me. I was ready for "Ted, what news?" but "what latest?" - that guy is unreal!
Old 13 Nov 2010, 17:03 (Ref:2789706)   #73
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy View Post
That was a moment of pure shock for me. I was ready for "Ted, what news?" but "what latest?" - that guy is unreal!
He really knows how to mix it up.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 04:07 (Ref:2789945)   #74
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Can I perhaps suggest another thread- "Reliving great disappointments in Formula 1 history with Lee Mackenzie?

Japan 2006?
LM: Michael, just tell us what happened.

Australia 94?
LM:Michael, just tell us what happened.

Spa 98?
LM: Michael just tell us what happened.

I think you can see a trend emerging...
Old 14 Nov 2010, 11:24 (Ref:2790069)   #75
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Japan 98

LM: Michael, you must be bitterly disappointed