Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Feb 2012, 20:21 (Ref:3028079)   #1351
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Is free speech not allowed here?
This is an internet forum. What individuals say here is not bound by the same laws ad if we were say printing a magazine.
Old 19 Feb 2012, 21:01 (Ref:3028097)   #1352
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Revhead View Post
Is free speech not allowed here?
This is an internet forum. What individuals say here is not bound by the same laws ad if we were say printing a magazine.
Jeepers, I don't know what island you have been living on!

You are indeed bound by libel laws and judicial orders such as suppression orders just as much in these forums as you are in print. If you put down libelous terms such as "stolen" then the owners of the forum can be sued for allowing it to stay online, plus if you breach a supression order from your country the authorities will come after you and you will either get fined or go to jail.

Maybe you need to get your head out of the sand.
Old 19 Feb 2012, 21:03 (Ref:3028099)   #1353
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
It might also be worth mentioning that invoking the ire of Woolley has in the past resulted in banning of all NZ Touring Car topics from this forum for about three years, so I suggest you pull your head in.
Old 19 Feb 2012, 21:04 (Ref:3028100)   #1354
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Not true at all.
Been there done that I won.

Its different if there is. Suppression order though. There is no suppression order relating to this case so free discussion is allowed.

Or are the admins if this forum taking sides?
Old 19 Feb 2012, 21:08 (Ref:3028101)   #1355
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
It might also be worth mentioning that invoking the ire of Woolley has in the past resulted in banning of all NZ Touring Car topics from this forum for about three years, so I suggest you pull your head in.

Care to be more of an arrogant Prat? Where do you get off telling me to pull my head in?

Free speech. Research it
Old 19 Feb 2012, 21:26 (Ref:3028107)   #1356
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Care to be more of an arrogant Prat? Where do you get off telling me to pull my head in?

Free speech. Research it
Like I inferred, it is a myth. You can live in la-la land as long as you like but one day the truth will dawn on you. Maybe.

If you keep making libelous comments or comments that could be seen to prejudice a trial, then this thread is likely to get pulled, or you are likely to get banned.

Suit yourself.
Old 19 Feb 2012, 21:29 (Ref:3028108)   #1357
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Hell if that's the case we better turn off the internet right now.
And I should sue you for insulting me. Oh but wait. Its an internet forum....
Old 19 Feb 2012, 21:44 (Ref:3028116)   #1358
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hell if that's the case we better turn off the internet right now.
And I should sue you for insulting me. Oh but wait. Its an internet forum....
He didn't insult you.

He suggested your refusal to heed advice from a mod, on a forum where you are a guest, would most likely have consequences for you and others who are interested in discussing NZ motorsport.
Old 19 Feb 2012, 21:47 (Ref:3028120)   #1359
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Woohoo, chill folks. All I'm saying is please THINK CAREFULLY before posting. Casting accuasations such as 'Mark Petch board effectively stole the whole project' are really not acceptable while a case is before the court. You may think it's the case, you may even have something that you think proves it to be so - or not - but we're now in a situation where the facts will be presented in a legal situation and it's best to see what results from that.

I have no favourites - in fact I've been accused of bias by both sides, so I've probably got it about right! I've also no information that's credible that would sway me either way so no point in trying to persuade me.

Once the verdict is announced - and I suspect it will show neither side in a great light, then the gloves will be off - as long as we stay within the forum rules. In the meantime I merely ask you to be circumspect.

Quote:
I really don't want that to happen again, and no reason why it should if a little common sense is applied. It may not seem like it sometimes, but actually NZ is my favourite place in the world, populated by my favourite people, so keep me happy!
Old 19 Feb 2012, 21:49 (Ref:3028123)   #1360
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlood View Post
He didn't insult you.

He suggested your refusal to heed advice from a mod, on a forum where you are a guest, would most likely have consequences for you and others who are interested in discussing NZ motorsport.
Thanks Blueblood. The only insult I have seen here is the name-calling from Mr. Rev.

Let's just move on and be happy...
Old 20 Feb 2012, 00:13 (Ref:3028170)   #1361
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Supertourers looks to South Africa:

http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/02/20/...can-expansion/

One factual error in the article is that it says the Commodore is not sold in SA. It is, just under the Chevy Lumina banner.

I follow South African motorsport, not as closely as motorsport down under, but I do keep my eye on it frequently. I think it would be big shot in the arm for local motorsport as the Wesbank V8's(trans-am, sport sedans) has stagnated and the production car class is like all production car racing, OK, but not spectacular.

Hopefully it will work out for them.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 00:42 (Ref:3028180)   #1362
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
how big is V8 Masters over there?
Old 20 Feb 2012, 02:33 (Ref:3028190)   #1363
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Supertourers looks to South Africa:

http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/02/20/...can-expansion/

One factual error in the article is that it says the Commodore is not sold in SA. It is, just under the Chevy Lumina banner.

I follow South African motorsport, not as closely as motorsport down under, but I do keep my eye on it frequently. I think it would be big shot in the arm for local motorsport as the Wesbank V8's(trans-am, sport sedans) has stagnated and the production car class is like all production car racing, OK, but not spectacular.

Hopefully it will work out for them.
Hey thats cool news....and much better reading than the mud slinging that has developed in this thread since day 1

I hope it works out for them too.

I must say i didn't realise how serious comments on here can be taken in a legal sense......i will therefore shutup about my feelings to the court action until its all over in court. Although i think the moderator is right in saying that this court case will more than likely show bad sides of both parties. As i've said before, someone will loose out.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 02:41 (Ref:3028192)   #1364
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
how big is V8 Masters over there?
I had to look that one up cause I have never heard of it. It looks like it's a local club series at Killarney outside Cape Town.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 04:02 (Ref:3028202)   #1365
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
did the SA's have series similar to the Abu-Dhabi V8 Supercars or did they race Tranzam style spaceframes?
Old 20 Feb 2012, 04:17 (Ref:3028206)   #1366
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
did the SA's have series similar to the Abu-Dhabi V8 Supercars or did they race Tranzam style spaceframes?
Their Wesbank V8's, at least some of the cars were passed down US spec Trans-Am cars.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 04:26 (Ref:3028207)   #1367
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
that's right!

they race these thing
Old 20 Feb 2012, 06:02 (Ref:3028215)   #1368
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
I've watched almost all of the TV3 coverage and everything looks pretty good, cars sound good, look good and looks like the crowd turned out. It did not feel to me the cars could run as close or lean on each other as much as the old NZV8's. But I also picked up the vibe drivers were pretty sensitive about putting a scratch on their cars right now and everyone was still getting settled in.

Overall, it looks to be a promising future. The only thing left to do now is to fold NZV8's into the V8 Challenge Cup and bring on the rest of the support series.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 07:23 (Ref:3028224)   #1369
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Thanks Blueblood. The only insult I have seen here is the name-calling from Mr. Rev.
Insults do not need to include name calling to be insulting
Old 20 Feb 2012, 07:26 (Ref:3028227)   #1370
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Woohoo, chill folks. All I'm saying is please THINK CAREFULLY before posting. Casting accuasations such as 'Mark Petch board effectively stole the whole project' are really not acceptable while a case is before the court. You may think it's the case, you may even have something that you think proves it to be so - or not - but we're now in a situation where the facts will be presented in a legal situation and it's best to see what results from that.

I really don't want that to happen again, and no reason why it should if a little common sense is applied. It may not seem like it sometimes, but actually NZ is my favourite place in the world, populated by my favourite people, so keep me happy!

I forgot one thing. This forum is based overseas. So the laws involved maybe a little murky
But here in NZ law nothing I have said is against any law or any thing. Non one would be able to try and press a case against me, or the forum in NZ law.
That I have checked out personally as a have been threatened with lawyers before as a result of comments on a forum. Needless to say it never got past the threat stage as the lawyers told him to sod off
Anyway point taken
Old 20 Feb 2012, 07:30 (Ref:3028229)   #1371
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Now, back to the ST's

I too think the camera work needs a bit of modification. zooming in way too much and excluding other cars from the frame needs knocked on the head.
The rest of the TV package looked pretty good however.

Seems to me the number one issue they have is support classes. This is the thing that will kill weekend track attendance. And maybe the weather in the months to come.

Previously mentioned car issues shouldn't take much to sort.

Oh and I do wish they would stop saying "Fords" Henry is rolling in his grave!!!
Old 20 Feb 2012, 07:31 (Ref:3028230)   #1372
tacmacnzl
Rookie

tacmacnzl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
I've watched almost all of the TV3 coverage and everything looks pretty good, cars sound good, look good and looks like the crowd turned out. It did not feel to me the cars could run as close or lean on each other as much as the old NZV8's. But I also picked up the vibe drivers were pretty sensitive about putting a scratch on their cars right now and everyone was still getting settled in.

Overall, it looks to be a promising future. The only thing left to do now is to fold NZV8's into the V8 Challenge Cup and bring on the rest of the support series.
Had a chat with the v8st tech staff on sunday. They are still getting parts in, so were running a bit short over the weekend. Hence the reason the drivers didn't commence playing bumper cars until the last race of the weekend! The official word on crowd size was 20,000 over the weekend, while it was the largest crowd ive seen in NZ motorsport in a long time, 20,000 was probably a little bit generous.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 07:37 (Ref:3028232)   #1373
Point2
Rookie

Point2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nice

http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/02/19/...urer-interest/
Old 20 Feb 2012, 07:40 (Ref:3028234)   #1374
Point2
Rookie

Point2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and Im kinda liking this also

http://www.speedstuff.co.nz/fogg-set...-v8st-license/
Old 20 Feb 2012, 07:53 (Ref:3028242)   #1375
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Point2 View Post
didn't we hear this story last year? which was later denied
Closed Thread