Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 14 Dec 2020, 14:00 (Ref:4022885)   #1
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
BTCC 2020 driver rankings

Driver rankings from the 2020 BTCC season.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 14:04 (Ref:4022887)   #2
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
My rankings. Only contains drivers who competed in at least three rounds.

1. Ash Sutton
2. Colin Turkington
3. Tom Ingram
4. Dan Cammish
5. Rory Butcher
6. Josh Cook
7. Jake Hill
8. Adam Morgan
9. Tom Oliphant
10. Tom Chilton
11. Ollie Jackson
12. Senna Proctor
13. Matt Neal
14. Stephen Jelley
15. Chris Smiley
16. Bobby Thompson
17. Mike Bushell
18. James Gornall
19. Michael Crees
20. Jack Goff
21. Aiden Moffat
22. Carl Boardley
23. Sam Osborne
24. Ollie Brown
25. Jack Butel
26. Nic Hamilton
27. Andy Neate
Old 14 Dec 2020, 14:33 (Ref:4022897)   #3
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
1 - Ingram
2 - Sutton
3 - Hill
4 - Cammish
5 - Butcher
6 - Turkington
7 - Morgan
8 - Jackson
9 - Thompson
10 - Cook
Old 14 Dec 2020, 18:23 (Ref:4022940)   #4
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd go for:

1. Sutton
2. Turkington
3. Butcher
4. Ingram
5. Cammish
6. Hill
7. Cook
8. Oliphant
9. Jackson
10. Proctor
Old 16 Dec 2020, 19:36 (Ref:4023310)   #5
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I'd go for:

1. Sutton
2. Turkington
3. Butcher
4. Ingram
5. Cammish
6. Hill
7. Cook
8. Oliphant
9. Jackson
10. Proctor
I think this list nails it Matt. I'd possibly put Hill over Camm, and likely have the consistent Sonic in place of Oliphant but that's about it for me.
Old 16 Dec 2020, 19:53 (Ref:4023316)   #6
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm glad you find it reasonable!
True, Hill could've been one spot higher, Cammish may have been above because he was in the title hunt till the last weekend.
And yes, may seem a bit unfair no to include ever-consistent Chilton here, he was simply too invisible for me
Old 16 Dec 2020, 20:05 (Ref:4023318)   #7
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I'm glad you find it reasonable!
True, Hill could've been one spot higher, Cammish may have been above because he was in the title hunt till the last weekend.
And yes, may seem a bit unfair no to include ever-consistent Chilton here, he was simply too invisible for me
To be fair I was expecting Chilton to win races, not sure he even got a podium did he? At least very few. He was super consistent but a shame it wasn't at the other end of the top 10.
Old 16 Dec 2020, 21:02 (Ref:4023324)   #8
Matt K
Veteran

He was on a podium three times but if one can be unsure whether he stood on the podium at all, really shows they were very few and far between!
Old 16 Dec 2020, 21:14 (Ref:4023325)   #9
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
My rankings. Only contains drivers who competed in at least three rounds.

25. Jack Butel
26. Nic Hamilton
27. Andy Neate
I think you are a bit over generous to Andy Neate, I would of put Scott Stringfellow between Nic and Andy. He has been at every round so should be ranked.
Old 16 Dec 2020, 22:14 (Ref:4023339)   #10
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
He was on a podium three times but if one can be unsure whether he stood on the podium at all, really shows they were very few and far between!
Oh really? Haha fair enough then!
Old 17 Dec 2020, 12:04 (Ref:4023413)   #11
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
I think you are a bit over generous to Andy Neate, I would of put Scott Stringfellow between Nic and Andy. He has been at every round so should be ranked.
Scott didn't do every round this year.
I think he missed Oulton, with Jade Edwards standing in for him.
Old 17 Dec 2020, 14:33 (Ref:4023437)   #12
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
There was a big gap between the top 5 in the championship and the rest. Sutton would probably be on top, but who’s second could be anyone between Turkington, Tingram, Cammish and Butcher. Definitely I would put Hill or Oliphant as best of the rest and OJ deserves to be in the top ten, no 1 candidate for most improved driver of the season. Proctor also is worthy of being a candidate in there, but doing an order is harder! Rather you guys than me!
Old 17 Dec 2020, 15:23 (Ref:4023445)   #13
BTCC frog
Veteran

Whilst I agree that Ollie Jackson was the most improved driver, that alone can't justify putting him ahead of the likes of Morgan, Chilton, Oliphant and Cook in my opinion. It is important to note that Jackson, while impressive with his wins in Snetterton and Silverstone, was nowhere near the pace of Rory Butcher for the majority of the season, and was probably further away than Oliphant was to Turkington. Jackson has also been driving in the BTCC since 2012, and so is far more experienced than Butcher and is actually one of the most experienced on the grid, behind only Neal, Turkington, Chilton and Morgan in terms of years raced in the BTCC.
Old 17 Dec 2020, 15:26 (Ref:4023446)   #14
BTCC frog
Veteran

Clearly, the top five in the championship this year were a class apart, and after Brands Hatch I remember thinking that no other driver would win a race one or two this season. Obviously I was proved wrong, but only by Josh Cook in Croft (and Oulton Park).
Old 18 Dec 2020, 11:14 (Ref:4023595)   #15
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Ok here’s my top 12 in no particular order
1) Sutton
2-5) Turkington, Tingram, Cammish, Butcher
6-7) Hill, Oliphant
8-12) Morgan, Cook, OJ, Sonic, Proctor