Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Old 13 May 2021, 12:57 (Ref:4051464)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Spanish Grand Prix - Predictions Contest 2021 - Round 4 of 23 - Results

Congratulations to Dad (TrapezeArtist) on a first win in the predictions contest, thereby extending his championship lead and becoming the fourth winner in four Grands Prix.

It's a bit of a family affair at the moment in the top three in the title battle, although after a competitive round in Barcelona, the championship race is wide open.

Spanish Grand Prix Results

1. Hamilton
2. Verstappen
3. Bottas
4. Leclerc
5. Pérez
6. Ricciardo
7. Sainz
8. Norris
9. Ocon
10. Gasly

Qualifying
1. Hamilton
2. Verstappen
3. Bottas

Fastest lap: Verstappen
Fastest pit stop: Aston Martin
Weather: Dry
formula1.com Driver of the Day: Hamilton
Driver of the Grand Prix: Hamilton
Team of the Grand Prix: Mercedes
Rate the Grand Prix: 6

Spanish Grand Prix Predictions Contest Results

1. TrapezeArtist 122
2. Born Racer 112
= Born Racer Fan 112
4. BTCC frog 110
5. steve_r 98
= smellysocks 98
7. mj088 97
8. Aysedasi 92
9. chunterer 89
10. crmalcolm 82
11. wolfhound 81
12. Skam85 76
13. gert 71

The stats

Compare with Portugal: https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156195

Again, there were 13 entrants.

This time, 7 (1 fewer than last time) predicted the winner.

Only 2 people predicted the top three qualifiers and everyone else had Verstappen and Bottas in their top threes but in the wrong positions, apart from Aysedasi who put Pérez in 3rd. Only 2 predicted Bottas for the top spot despite his Portuguese pole.

There was much less success than in Portugal for number of correct finishing positions. 5 people had the highest number of correct finishing positions, which was only 3.

Out of 130 entries, only 6 had drivers 4 or more positions out of their real finishing spots (as opposed to 5 in Portugal).

TrapezeArtist was the only entrant to get all of the top ten finishers in some position.

The most common driver predicted in the top 10 who didn't figure was Alonso (12/13), one up on Sainz in Portugal (11/13).

Ocon was the most missed out on in Portugal (only 5/13 predicting him), but this time 10/13 had him.

Gasly was the most missed-out driver who did figure, but even then, 8/13 had him there.

Nobody got Hamilton as Driver of the Day (he seems to tend not to win those polls that often), and only 4 had him as Driver of the Grand Prix on Ten-Tenths. 5 had Mercedes as Team of the Grand Prix again (as they achieved in Portugal), up by 2.

5/13 got the Rate the Grand Prix score of 6. I was surprised, because I had anticipated it being lower, but of course, in the end, it was entertaining.

Unsurprisingly, nobody foresaw Aston Martin's fastest pit stop.

Championship standings after Round 4 of 23

1. TrapezeArtist 407
2. Born Racer Fan 392
3. Born Racer 378
4. mj088 376
= BTCC frog 376
6. smellysocks 372
7. steve_r 371
8. wolfhound 349
9. Skam85 348
10. chunterer 344
11. Aysedasi 293
12. crmalcolm 291
13. gert 247

Number of wins so far this season

smellysocks - 1
wolfhound - 1
Born Racer - 1
TrapezeArtist - 1

Winners by race

Bahrain: smellysocks
Made in Italy and Emilia-Romagna: wolfhound
Portugal: Born Racer
Spain: TrapezeArtist

Predictions for Monaco are now open. It's good to be back there: https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...63#post4051463
Old 13 May 2021, 16:26 (Ref:4051505)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmm, I don't seem to be making much progress!
Old 20 May 2021, 06:57 (Ref:4052353)   #3
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Hmmm, I don't seem to be making much progress!
Nor me!

I must resist the urge to be optimistic in some of my choices. It doesn't come naturally to me! Lol.
Old 20 May 2021, 15:18 (Ref:4052409)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Nor me!

I must resist the urge to be optimistic in some of my choices. It doesn't come naturally to me! Lol.
Ah, you have to mix it up a bit just for the fun of it. Where's the fun in just typing Hamilton, Verstappen, Bottas...... every other weekend. Well, maybe not Bottas.....
Old 21 May 2021, 07:16 (Ref:4052487)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Ah, you have to mix it up a bit just for the fun of it. Where's the fun in just typing Hamilton, Verstappen, Bottas...... every other weekend. Well, maybe not Bottas.....
Lol
Old 22 May 2021, 04:03 (Ref:4052647)   #6
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, it seems that you have to go for boring predictions to have a better chance of success. Fortune favours the conservative with this.
Old 24 May 2021, 12:07 (Ref:4053113)   #7
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

And yet I went for Leclerc for the win. Still, could have been logical if he'd made it to the grid.
Old 24 May 2021, 20:47 (Ref:4053233)   #8
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
And yet I went for Leclerc for the win. Still, could have been logical if he'd made it to the grid.
Indeed!