Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will drive #88 in 2022?
Andre Heimgartner 1 3.45%
Angelo Mouzouris 0 0%
Anton de Pasquale 0 0%
Broc Feeney 4 13.79%
Brodie Kostecki 7 24.14%
Bryce Fullwood 0 0%
Cameron Waters 1 3.45%
Chaz Mostert 2 6.90%
Craig Lowndes “I’m Baaaaack” 0 0%
Declan Fraser 0 0%
Earl Bamber 1 3.45%
Garth Tander 1 3.45%
Jack Smith 0 0%
James Courtney 0 0%
Jamie Whincup (“I’m not SMURFIN leaving”) 0 0%
Jayden Ojeda 0 0%
Jordan Boys 1 3.45%
Jordan Cox 0 0%
Jordan Taylor 0 0%
Marcos Ambrose 1 3.45%
Mark Winterbottom 0 0%
Nash Morris 0 0%
Nick Percat 1 3.45%
Reef McCarthy 0 0%
Renee Gracie 1 3.45%
Richie Stanaway 0 0%
Rick Kelly 1 3.45%
Roland Dane 1 3.45%
Scott Pye 0 0%
Sebastian Bourdais 0 0%
Shane van Gisbergen (drive both, why not?) 1 3.45%
Simona de Silvestro 0 0%
Thomas Randle 1 3.45%
Todd Hazelwood 3 10.34%
Tyler Everingham 0 0%
Will Brown 0 0%
Will Davison 0 0%
Will Power 1 3.45%
Zane Goddard 0 0%
Anybody else... (please share who) 1 3.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28 Apr 2021, 02:36 (Ref:4048189)   #31
Alan52
Veteran

Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
The absolute best racing took place when there was not a huge amount of money around and certainly no manufacturers either, it was call sports sedans and the cars were engineering marvels not constrained by unnecessary rules. Free thinking was allowed and even encouraged and I was lucky enough to have seen it all.

It will never happen again for a whole lot of reasons including the dumb idea that tight restrictive rules save money. I think SC has proven that idea wrong in capital letters. Tight rules result in tiny incremental development steps for large chunks of money. Anyone who complains about the cost of motor racing should go and buy a big yacht and race that, they will soon change their tune very quickly. I have no time for those who complain about the cost of racing at any level, if you can't afford it get out and do something else.
What era of Sports Sedans are you talking about?The ‘70s professional peak for the class?If so I was there for most of it too.The cars were very unreliable by modern standards as people pushed the engineering limits.There were only ever 3-4 front running cars at any one time and the rest of the field were 3-5 seconds/lap slower.Then someone with real engineering smarts -Frank Gardner-came along,read the rules correctly and built a car that totally dominated and in the end destroyed the class.
I liked the class at the time but rose coloured glasses being worn I think.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 08:30 (Ref:4048207)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Mr Gardner didnt actually build the Corvair did he?
“What you’ve just written are some of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent diatribe were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought, nor remotely close to the subject matter. Everyone reading this forum is now dumber for having wasted their time deciphering it.”
Old 28 Apr 2021, 10:05 (Ref:4048223)   #33
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
I liked the class at the time but rose coloured glasses being worn I think.
Of course rose tinted glasses but the ingenuity and off the wall thinking for some of those cars was first class. As for reliability ALL classes of racing suffered from it but these days the cars are simply engineered better because of improvements in equipment. Sports Sedans or that class of car today would be far more reliable simply due to time and development.
Old 30 Apr 2021, 09:15 (Ref:4048623)   #34
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You will need to bring plenty of daddy’s cash for the second T8 seat.

Mr Whincup will be providing mentoring services.
Old 30 Apr 2021, 22:05 (Ref:4048827)   #35
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Gardner didnt actually build the Corvair did he?
Finished building it is probably the best description, how much had Tom Nailard done before Frank took over?
Old 2 May 2021, 09:17 (Ref:4049143)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
You will need to bring plenty of daddy’s cash for the second T8 seat.

Mr Whincup will be providing mentoring services.
Third seat? Speedcafe are trying to talk up a mystery 3rd REC bidder... why not a Boost/Supercheap/Red Bull Camaro for 2021?
“What you’ve just written are some of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent diatribe were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought, nor remotely close to the subject matter. Everyone reading this forum is now dumber for having wasted their time deciphering it.”
Old 2 May 2021, 11:19 (Ref:4049175)   #37
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Third seat? Speedcafe are trying to talk up a mystery 3rd REC bidder... why not a Boost/Supercheap/Red Bull Camaro for 2021?
That would make more sense than putting a rookie in place of Whincup.

If Mostert is off contract, surely he is a shoe-in for the 88?
Old 14 May 2021, 07:23 (Ref:4051591)   #38
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
That would make more sense than putting a rookie in place of Whincup.

If Mostert is off contract, surely he is a shoe-in for the 88?
Is there room for Mr De Borre @ 888?
Old 15 May 2021, 12:02 (Ref:4051776)   #39
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
Is there room for Mr De Borre @ 888?
If they wanted Mostert bad enough, I’d say they’d make room?
Old 15 May 2021, 12:36 (Ref:4051778)   #40
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Feeney Seems to be in the box seat ATM but too young IMHO.
Andre seems to be looking to sign up with KGR
I was also suggesting Cam Waters but would he leave the Oval as the #1 driver?

Watch this space I guess
Old Today, 01:31 (Ref:4051995)   #41
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Feeney Seems to be in the box seat ATM but too young IMHO.
Andre seems to be looking to sign up with KGR
I was also suggesting Cam Waters but would he leave the Oval as the #1 driver?

Watch this space I guess
You mean Tickford's #1 driver? Mr de Pasquale will probably usurp the #1 Ford fella sooner rather than later