Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Feb 2024, 06:03 (Ref:4195122)   #2576
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 5 Feb 2024, 06:09 (Ref:4195123)   #2577
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Well Lotus did use Standard 10 front uprights and steering arms .Any chance of a point for that info Bob ?
Old 5 Feb 2024, 09:31 (Ref:4195141)   #2578
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Does he only know what is a steering arm, I wonder?

E.B: are you preparing a BBQ? I've been told that Mont Cook is the place to be!
Old 5 Feb 2024, 10:00 (Ref:4195146)   #2579
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Does he only know what is a steering arm, I wonder?
Re steering arms, I thought they were the bits somewhere between the seat of the pants and attached to the steering wheel....
Also one of the steering arms doubles to control the gear lever. If there is one.
Old 5 Feb 2024, 10:03 (Ref:4195148)   #2580
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Also one of the steering arms doubles to control the gear lever. If there is one.
Better ask Iain!
Old 5 Feb 2024, 14:39 (Ref:4195192)   #2581
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Well Lotus did use Standard 10 front uprights and steering arms .Any chance of a point for that info Bob ?
I clearly sated that Chapman had nothing to do with the Standard 10, now you make me look a right twit, and expect an extra point?????
Old 5 Feb 2024, 18:17 (Ref:4195214)   #2582
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
OK, no extra point. But why would you need a Lotus or a Standard?
Old 6 Feb 2024, 12:40 (Ref:4195340)   #2583
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
NOW! Pay attention this is a three part puzzle. Part one; Six pictures from each one you must choose a single letter from the alphabet from A to Z.
The resulting six letters will spell a word that will be the clue to the final part of the riddle. Some I think are fairly obvious, others require lateral thinking, but you must end up with a word in (not so) common use.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0088.JPG   IMG_0288.JPG   IMG_8067.JPG  

IMG_9083.JPG   IMG_5648.JPG   See Red a 049.jpg  

Old 6 Feb 2024, 16:48 (Ref:4195383)   #2584
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Think I need to borrow your Enigma machine!
Old 6 Feb 2024, 17:00 (Ref:4195384)   #2585
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Think I need to borrow your Enigma machine!
For me to stand a chance of understanding the question I'd need a Eureka machine!
Old 6 Feb 2024, 17:41 (Ref:4195387)   #2586
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Tempting… I think he uses a F-yourself machine!
Old 6 Feb 2024, 17:51 (Ref:4195389)   #2587
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ha no, finally simple like that. Just found that the word "Earrmazh" which was, I've been told, very popular back in the day in any good psychiatric hospital has been superseded by "Nuuuuurse" because… well, you know why!
Old 6 Feb 2024, 18:24 (Ref:4195397)   #2588
bauble
Veteran

England
For goodness sake, I keep telling you, there is no trick involved, like all of my puzzles there is logic to them. Do not over think things. Look at each picture and see which letter of the alphabet it represents for some reason, at least three are perfectly obvious. PM me f you think you have cracked any. I have great faith in you all.
Old 6 Feb 2024, 18:48 (Ref:4195406)   #2589
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I have great faith in you all.

Whatever it is that you are taking or are on, please send some to me!
Old 6 Feb 2024, 19:24 (Ref:4195412)   #2590
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ok, Mike, just for you, because its a team work, I'll start.
Bentley: I keep the C for capote or convertible. Shakuharh: I keep the E. Roll n' Roy: I keep the B for black. The MG appearing lately at 6 o'clock, I retain the T. AC (assez in french): I keep the E for enough. Tricky for the FZ but the BRG color is obvious, I keep the N, the B, the E and the R for the road. CEBTENBER. In other words, September. My godness, got it right!
Old 6 Feb 2024, 19:33 (Ref:4195418)   #2591
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, I can not beyond the cars, we have 1, Alvis Grey Lady, 2 Jaguar Lightweiht E type, 3Rolls Royce Phantom 1, 4 MG TC, 5 AC Ace Bristol & 6 Frazer Nash TT replica. I can not find any further answers!
Old 6 Feb 2024, 19:42 (Ref:4195421)   #2592
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
I can not find any further answers!
No worry, rbs, "he" can find many further questions!
Old 6 Feb 2024, 19:48 (Ref:4195422)   #2593
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Well, I can not beyond the cars, we have 1, Alvis Grey Lady, 2 Jaguar Lightweiht E type, 3Rolls Royce Phantom 1, 4 MG TC, 5 AC Ace Bristol & 6 Frazer Nash TT replica. I can not find any further answers!
RB I have already had two replies from a couple of astute puzzlers, neither completely correct but both very close.
Each picture suggests a letter of the alphabet, you are peering into the depths when you should be skimming the surface.
E -Type. Does that not suggest a letter?
Old 7 Feb 2024, 03:12 (Ref:4195452)   #2594
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Whatever it is that you are taking or are on, please send some to me!
Join the queue!
Old 7 Feb 2024, 03:18 (Ref:4195454)   #2595
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
RB I have already had two replies from a couple of astute puzzlers, neither completely correct but both very close.
Each picture suggests a letter of the alphabet, you are peering into the depths when you should be skimming the surface.
E -Type. Does that not suggest a letter?
I think I (might have) found my first letter!
Old 7 Feb 2024, 03:52 (Ref:4195456)   #2596
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I clearly sated that Chapman had nothing to do with the Standard 10, now you make me look a right twit, and expect an extra point?????
Wow . Thank you Bob
Old 7 Feb 2024, 11:04 (Ref:4195523)   #2597
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, after my brief moment in the limelight, it looks like it's back to the Stupido club for me!

Even knowing what the cars are, I still can't come up with anything meaningful.

As EB, I think I might have a letter, but that's about it!

Knowing Bob, the answer could be something like e, by gum!

Actually, am I onto something there?
Old 7 Feb 2024, 11:16 (Ref:4195526)   #2598
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
Well, after my brief moment in the limelight, it looks like it's back to the Stupido club for me!

As EB, I think I might have a letter, but that's about it!

Knowing Bob, the answer could be something like e, by gum!

Actually, am I onto something there?
SSmith came up with TARGET, just one letter out, if that helps.

Hmmm? You look at a picture of an AC Ace, and no letter from the alphabet springs to mind?
Old 7 Feb 2024, 14:22 (Ref:4195562)   #2599
bauble
Veteran

England
First, and only, correct answer comes from The SS Smith, sailing into the lead.

It really is pretty simple.
Old 7 Feb 2024, 16:31 (Ref:4195586)   #2600
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
The way we go it could last for ages. Car 1: Alvis Grey Lady. What letter will go for? Just tried with Rolls Royce Phantom One and I feel mucho better!