Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Jan 2019, 08:39 (Ref:3880366)   #26
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
HĂ© ben, c'est du propre, on reluque les gonzesses Ă* prĂ©sent? No head ache? I ask because… you know what!
You are allowed to look at the menus.... just not allowed to eat the food....
Old 29 Jan 2019, 10:21 (Ref:3880381)   #27
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
You are allowed to look at the menus.... just not allowed to eat the food....
Sniff, I love caĂŻman steaks! Never tested kangaroo tho, with no regrets! Have fun!
Old 30 Jan 2019, 19:25 (Ref:3880738)   #28
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Not much to report . Weather is very nice up around mid 20’s. Everyone is very friendly and helpful . We unloaded all the cars yesterday and everything has traveled well . I walked the circuit yesterday it’s ok bit technical with a few late apexcorners . I am looking forward to the first lefthander at end of the straight . Should be flat in top for a little left kink then scrabble down the gears braking hard for a tight left hander. Been for nice walk this morning to the local park called Hadley park . Very reminisant of Monza . People out jogging and push biking . Might go for run this evening . Looked for a pizza restaurant but no such luck . Could be an opening . Delta Pizza Hut . WDYT . Back of to the track and get cars ready now for practice tomorrow .
Old 30 Jan 2019, 19:32 (Ref:3880739)   #29
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Glad to hear all good so far! Over jet lag yet?

Well done on getting away from the UK before the snow and ice arrived.....
Old 1 Feb 2019, 05:28 (Ref:3881048)   #30
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
20 min of testing but I need a good bit more of practise . P8 I was rubbish . Gears are all wrong and I could not get my head into gear . Qualy tomorrow so hope for better . I have sent Mike an photo of interesting car . BTW this is a big meeting there is some serious kit here.
Old 1 Feb 2019, 06:08 (Ref:3881050)   #31
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Get a grip Rowley!

Interesting (very) car in the paddock....
Attached Thumbnails
F2AA3144-366E-4742-85FC-750E32E99898.jpg  
Old 1 Feb 2019, 07:32 (Ref:3881072)   #32
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iain beat me to it, I was going to post a pic of the same car but can't work out how to do it on a mobile.

A day of 2 halves...dry & hot this morning and howling wind & rain this afternoon. Just practice sessions today, qual + 2 races tomorrow and another 2 on Sunday, weather now set fair for the weekend. The Gemini is going well but keeps leaping out of 2nd, unfortunately that is probably the most vital gear round here so having to hold it in all the time. There's a great selection of FJs, not much duplication of marques unlike my last visit when we had 5 Gemini mk2s on the grids, this time I'm on my own. Best looker is the one-off Jocko Special, it's got something of an Indycar look to it. I'll post a pic when I can work out how!
Old 1 Feb 2019, 10:28 (Ref:3881087)   #33
I16
Racer

I16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonder if it is a copy of this one?
http://www.theroaringseason.com/show...r-Championship
Old 1 Feb 2019, 11:07 (Ref:3881090)   #34
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There is also a thread here at ten/tenths regarding "Anglia Breadvans". Some pics and history of various (Anglia Fastback / Breadvan) cars.

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107169

Some info and a pic of what looks like the #105 car here: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...a_Race_car.jpg
Referred to as a replica of a 60's car that ran a Corvette engine! (The replica doesnt)

Last edited by E.B; 1 Feb 2019 at 11:19. Reason: Added #105 link at wiki
Old 1 Feb 2019, 11:27 (Ref:3881098)   #35
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thought I’d seen some info on â€breadvans’ before! Cool!
Old 1 Feb 2019, 11:42 (Ref:3881101)   #36
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember them in period when I was racing a straight forward Anglia twincam here in the north.
I'm fairly sure one was raced by Frank Radisicz - Paul's dad, I believe.
Old 1 Feb 2019, 12:01 (Ref:3881106)   #37
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
I'm fairly sure one was raced by Frank Radisicz - Paul's dad, I believe.
Yes, in fact his name is mentioned in another thread re NZ Anglia Fastbacks at roaring season... as well as photos.
http://www.theroaringseason.com/show...advan-Anglia-s
Old 1 Feb 2019, 17:28 (Ref:3881169)   #38
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
If you are all interested I will wander over and get some photos and info .
Old 1 Feb 2019, 17:40 (Ref:3881172)   #39
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Will try and keep this short . Yesterday official looking guy turns up on a golf type buggy and asked what was my car number . This was after practice . Thought , not all ready in trouble . . Anyway move on and we start chatting .” The locals do a lot of this “. He is an ex C of the C and his job is like a bit of a go between with competitor and the stewards . So if you have done something wrong on track or not happy with another driver you seek this guy out and he will try and sort before it all goes up stairs . Vice verser if stewards say you have done something wrong he will come and find you . You can appeal with him using the correct paper work and it will then go forward from there . Hope this makes some in the way I have written . He ended up giving me a lift to fuel station with cans and we chatted more with him saying he likes to suppprt the driver in a situation unless they are a complete dip stick .
Old 1 Feb 2019, 17:53 (Ref:3881175)   #40
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
My mate has just got up . This guy is the C R O. Competitor Relation Officer .
Old 1 Feb 2019, 19:08 (Ref:3881198)   #41
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Croissant Relation Officer? May be he can deliver in a … bread van!
Old 2 Feb 2019, 08:35 (Ref:3881279)   #42
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
🤣
Old 2 Feb 2019, 08:41 (Ref:3881280)   #43
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Croissant Relation Officer? May be he can deliver in a … bread van!
Old 2 Feb 2019, 08:56 (Ref:3881283)   #44
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
After Mikes “get a grip “remark I stuck the car on front row . Much better now so I changed gears as well .Race was ok . Messed up start and dropped to 5 th . Got back up to 3 rd and gearbox side plate cracked so crown wheel came away from pinion and sure did make a horrible noise . Striped gearbox apart and with some help welding up the side plate she is all back together . Fingers crossed for tomorrow . .
Old 2 Feb 2019, 09:02 (Ref:3881284)   #45
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Funny old day today, quite hot, no wind thank goodness, qual 16 and finished 9th but a red flag and restart after 2 laps left 3 cars on the grid unable to start due to heat, bit of a shambles really but made a better start 2nd time around which did me a favour, and had a good dice with an Elva swopping places a couple of times. In race 2 a blinding start (from 15th on the grid???) but couldn't sustain it, finishing a lonely 14th.

As we were getting ready to qualify I noticed a small puddle under the car, looked like oil but smelt like fuel. Lines/unions all ok so while scratching head noticed a drip from one of the pannier tanks which are the original alloy jobs but now with bag tanks inside. Pumped all the fuel out and with the aid of mole grips and lots of cable ties managed to stem the flow so now operating on one tank which is fine so long as it doesn't spring a leak as well. You can never seem to do this sort of exercise without getting drenched in fuel but fortunately didn't self-combust on start up😁 This drama was perfectly timed so I could join the pack just as they left the assembly area, but the real excitement was later on when a rogue umbrella slowly cartwheeled across the circuit chased by a large pick up, I managed to avoid contact with both but it was a close thing!
Old 2 Feb 2019, 09:12 (Ref:3881286)   #46
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
when a rogue umbrella slowly cartwheeled across the circuit chased by a large pick up, I managed to avoid contact with both but it was a close thing!
Are you sure it was not a nice girl with a large skirt waiting fo a pick-up? I guess you keep your good welding spot from year to year, it seems someone around you could be interested Colin. One year oil pan, one year gearbox casing… Keep going safely and have fun.
Old 2 Feb 2019, 09:17 (Ref:3881287)   #47
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Results here... https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Events/1626076
Old 2 Feb 2019, 09:31 (Ref:3881288)   #48
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Thanks Alan, not how I remember it but clears up a few mysteries🤣

One surprise is just how quick some of the Fiat engined cars have become. Just saying......
Old 2 Feb 2019, 11:11 (Ref:3881302)   #49
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
After Mikes “get a grip “remark I stuck the car on front row . Much better now so I changed gears as well .Race was ok . Messed up start and dropped to 5 th . Got back up to 3 rd and gearbox side plate cracked so crown wheel came away from pinion and sure did make a horrible noise . Striped gearbox apart and with some help welding up the side plate she is all back together . Fingers crossed for tomorrow . .
Good job in qually, boss! Fingers crossed for second race. D’you or anyone else have spare sideplate if it doesn’t hang together?
Old 2 Feb 2019, 11:14 (Ref:3881303)   #50
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
One surprise is just how quick some of the Fiat engined cars have become. Just saying......
Mmm, remember a year or two back some paddock discussion about possible development of that engine type! Fingers crossed your fuel tank issue can be managed......