Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP Mike.
Was a real pleasure to have known you.

MartinH
Old 11 Jun 2020, 12:03 (Ref:3981331)   #252
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Is there going to be a trophy dedicated to him as was mentioned on here?
Old 11 Jun 2020, 12:42 (Ref:3981336)   #253
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think that will depend on the family's wishes.
Old 11 Jun 2020, 14:12 (Ref:3981354)   #254
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Call me a sentimental old fool, but it was truly inspiring to share a few moment together this morning honouring our friend, Mike Bell. To all who posted and to those who simply logged-on (and there many), Thank you for being here it felt good to be sharing the occasion with friends, even those I have never met.

Bob.

PS; Suzanne Sears has sent me a few pictures from Mike's own files which are now on the web, and says there are more to follow.
Old 11 Jun 2020, 14:39 (Ref:3981360)   #255
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was a great idea Bob and one which I’m sure Mike would have appreciated, thank you.

I know that his sister reads this and has been moved by this thread and the album’s contents.
Old 11 Jun 2020, 17:06 (Ref:3981389)   #256
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm so embarrassed I couldn't make it. Farewell Mike, I still can't believe one of the good guys has gone forever.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 11 Jun 2020, 20:07 (Ref:3981425)   #257
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some pictures from Mike's stairway have now been added to the album, sent by James Paterson via Cliff Ryan. Obviously the man liked these shots, I hope someone recognises their own work, and takes pride knowing that Mike chose them for his personal collection.

The album just keeps on growing I might need to up my subscription to Google at this rate.

Bauble.
Old 11 Jun 2020, 20:11 (Ref:3981431)   #258
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Some pictures from Mike's stairway have now been added to the album, sent by James Paterson via Cliff Ryan. Obviously the man liked these shots, I hope someone recognises their own work, and takes pride knowing that Mike chose them for his personal collection.

The album just keeps on growing I might need to up my subscription to Google at this rate.

Bauble.
I've just been running through the album again tonight and at the same time I've raised a glass of Leffe Brun in Mike's memory, a couple more will no doubt follow.
Old 13 Jun 2020, 14:25 (Ref:3981807)   #259
bauble
Veteran

England
The following link is to the Retro Speed on-line magazine;

https://retro-speed.co.uk/showreports.asp?art=27959
Old 13 Jun 2020, 14:48 (Ref:3981825)   #260
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The following link is to the Retro Speed on-line magazine;

https://retro-speed.co.uk/showreports.asp?art=27959
A fine appreciation of Mike, highlighting the respect he was held in by the many who will miss him dearly.
Old 17 Jun 2020, 16:22 (Ref:3982500)   #261
bauble
Veteran

England
Andy Downes has sent me a couple of nice images, now in the album.

Thanks, Andy.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 09:43 (Ref:3984886)   #262
bauble
Veteran

England
I apologise if this sounds like advertising, but the July issue of MOG Magazine carries a six page piece on Mike, and uses many of the quotes from this forum, and pictures from the Tribute Album. I feel it is a fitting reminder of how well he was loved by so many.

Bob.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 10:46 (Ref:3984897)   #263
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I apologise if this sounds like advertising, but the July issue of MOG Magazine carries a six page piece on Mike, and uses many of the quotes from this forum, and pictures from the Tribute Album. I feel it is a fitting reminder of how well he was loved by so many.

Bob.
thanks Bob - that's good to know.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 14:48 (Ref:3985570)   #264
bauble
Veteran

England
The viewing figure here are quite astonishing, and posts remarkable, a measure of Mikes influence on our historic community.

Are there any more pictures to add to the Tribute album?
Old 11 Jul 2020, 20:32 (Ref:3987484)   #265
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Spent this morning with Mike’s sisters who asked me to thank everyone who posted on here & contributed to Bauble’s photo album, they were truly moved and found it very emotional.

One last photo of Mike disappearing into the sunset.
Attached Thumbnails
52CE1CE4-4820-4537-8FC4-901B5F04BFF2.jpeg  
Old 13 Jul 2020, 21:03 (Ref:3988088)   #266
Mary Bell
Rookie

Mary Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMary Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Cliff has just posted Judy, myself and all the family have been blown away by the love and support of the tentenths family. Mike's spirits during his time in hospital were well and truly lifted by you guys, mine too. I remember one message from him he told me his racing friends have given him the hashtag #keepightingmike he loved it, and he did just that. The hospice was amazing the staff so caring to all of us. In his memory I firstly want to raise some money for the Priscilla Bacon Lodge, a 112 mile cycle... slightly short notice and not much time for training now either... I am setting up a Just Giving page (nearly there) and will post the link if any one would like to support me I just need some help with the tech from the youngsters at work
Old 13 Jul 2020, 21:11 (Ref:3988092)   #267
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Bell View Post
As Cliff has just posted Judy, myself and all the family have been blown away by the love and support of the tentenths family. Mike's spirits during his time in hospital were well and truly lifted by you guys, mine too. I remember one message from him he told me his racing friends have given him the hashtag #keepightingmike he loved it, and he did just that. The hospice was amazing the staff so caring to all of us. In his memory I firstly want to raise some money for the Priscilla Bacon Lodge, a 112 mile cycle... slightly short notice and not much time for training now either... I am setting up a Just Giving page (nearly there) and will post the link if any one would like to support me I just need some help with the tech from the youngsters at work
Hello Mary,

I'll be your first pledge! I'm originally from Norfolk & so know of the Priscilla Bacon & have already donated in Mike's name, but happy to do so again.

You're right, the Ten Tenths guys are a great bunch & were a great help to me at a time when I needed it - something that only Mike knew (up until now!).

Good luck with your endeavour.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 06:25 (Ref:3988141)   #268
Mary Bell
Rookie

Mary Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMary Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Amazing thank you x I'll get the just giving link up tonight.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 08:25 (Ref:3988145)   #269
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, count me in too.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 17:28 (Ref:3988255)   #270
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I didn't know Mike at all, other than on the pages here, but I'm certainly in....
Old 14 Jul 2020, 21:28 (Ref:3988309)   #271
Mary Bell
Rookie

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/mary-bell3
here is the link, follow me on facebook and my training on Strava. Oh not long to go it's 13th September!
Old 15 Jul 2020, 06:32 (Ref:3988466)   #272
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Good luck with this and thank you for sharing.
Old 15 Jul 2020, 07:13 (Ref:3988472)   #273
Mary Bell
Rookie

Thanks Peter
Just in case any one missed the link here it is again. https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/mary-bell3
Old 17 Jul 2020, 08:59 (Ref:3988900)   #274
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Bell View Post
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/mary-bell3
here is the link, follow me on facebook and my training on Strava. Oh not long to go it's 13th September!
Mary, as a cyclist of many years (ago), I would strongly recommend that you ensure two things;

A) Your saddle is exactly the right height for efficiency, rather than 'safety', most people prefer to be able to put their feet on the ground when they stop, but that means that when riding you do not use the full power of the legs. I am sure any local Cycling Club would be happy to give advice.

B) A proper pair of cycling shorts is essential for long distance comfort. There is nothing worse than uncomfortable posterior when riding.

Maybe with Mike's ability as a cyclist you know all this anyway, but it is important to get these things right.

Very best of luck, we all loved Mike and will be rooting for you.

Bauble.
Old 18 Jul 2020, 14:40 (Ref:3989257)   #275
Mary Bell
Rookie

Bauble, many thanks for the tips. I had a 'bike fit' when I bought my new road bike last spring and have felt pretty good. I did a 110k 5 years ago on a hybrid bike and did get a bit of knee pain in the build up, but nothing on this one. I know it will be the hours in the saddle that will be the killer and may I may wear two pairs of the gel padded shorts! Also my posterior is pretty hardened from years sitting on a horse!!