Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 31 Jul 2005, 06:06 (Ref:1367944)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Meet the Stars of the V8 Supercars at Paddy's Markets Flemington

From the website Here

Meet the Stars of the V8 Supercars at Paddy's Markets Flemington

It's on again!

Fourteen of the best V8 Supercar drivers will be attending the Paddy's V8 Supercar event on Sunday August 7th at Paddy's Flemington.

The inaugural event was run last year and this year is guaranteed to be bigger and better with drivers including :
Russell Ingall: Stone Brothers Racing
Todd Kelly: Holden Racing Team
Jason Bright: Ford Performance Racing
Garth Tander: HSV Dealer Team
Brad Jones: Team BOC
Craig Baird: WPS Racing
David Besnard: WPS Racing
Cameron McConville: Garry Rogers Motorsport
Jason Richards: Dodo Racing
Paul Morris: Paul Morris Motorsport
Paul Dumbrell: Castrol Team Perkins Racing
Max Wilson: Longhurst Racing
Steve Owen: Britek Motorsport
Alex Davison: Autobarn Racing
The drivers will be signing autographs as well as participating in a question and answer session for all your V8 Supercar insight!

On display with be an array of everything motorsport including the AVESCO B-Double transporter, the V8 Supercar Grid Girls, V8 Supercars from Holden Racing Team, WPS Racing, Paul Morris Motorsport and the new WPS Chrysler 300C Safety and Course cars. VB will show their VB Challenge cars and VB Transporter and check out the Telstra Bigpond Broadband content trailer for V8 Supercar action.

There will be heaps of interactive fun with remote control V8 Supercars, Harley's on display and great giveaways including passes to the next V8 Supercar event, round 8 at Oran Park August 12-14th.

For the ultimate thrill ride, SMS your full name and postcode to 199 66 542 for your chance to win a hotlap with V8 Supercar driver Jason Richards from the Dodo Racing team. Anyone 15 years and over is eligible to enter!

So, bring your autograph books and make your way to the Paddy's Stars of V8 Supercars event, Sunday August 7th from 11am.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems V8Supercar is trying to tickle interest in their product in the Sydney market. Perhaps with the recent departure of Mr McKay from the SMH, things will change?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 1 Aug 2005, 02:40 (Ref:1368696)   #2
Seton Fanatic
Racer

Seton Fanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wait on, GTR. Mr McKay's regular column appeared in the Sun-Herald yesterday, so what gives? On the Paddy's Markets ad during the F1 race last night, they said 13 drivers would be present, while giving six 'prominent' driver's names out. Question is, has another driver been added to the lineup, for the SMH says 14?
Old 1 Aug 2005, 04:28 (Ref:1368716)   #3
stoned pony
Veteran

Vanuatu
Chained to my desk
stoned pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On a similar subject, Ford is holding one of its V8 Superstar Superbreakfasts in Newcastle on Aug 12 (Wests Leagues Club). Tickets are $85 apiece, according to a story in Saturday's Drive section of the Newcastle Herald.
Who's going?
BTW, GTR, what's this about Peter Mackay? His column was in yesterday's Sun Herald.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 09:17 (Ref:1368865)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In the "Mixed Grille" section of the Saturday SMH, Mr McKay announced that after 18 years, he was not continuing with this column... presumably also including other motorsport works as well...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 2 Aug 2005, 01:55 (Ref:1369773)   #5
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
In the "Mixed Grille" section of the Saturday SMH, Mr McKay announced that after 18 years, he was not continuing with this column... presumably also including other motorsport works as well...
HOORAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!
Old 2 Aug 2005, 01:58 (Ref:1369777)   #6
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Very unfortunate news. Really enjoyed reading his stuff over the years, sad to see him go.
Old 2 Aug 2005, 23:04 (Ref:1370634)   #7
Peregrine
Racer

Australia
Emu Plains
Peregrine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those who are interested, my local rag suggests 15 drivers will be in attendance at Paddys Markets, with the extra inclusion to GTR Magics list being Jason Bargwanna.
Old 3 Aug 2005, 03:25 (Ref:1370713)   #8
resisturban
Racer

resisturban should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I drove past the PLR transporter today while on the way to school. What are they doing in sydney a week early?
Old 3 Aug 2005, 09:13 (Ref:1370867)   #9
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When has Morris ever been one of the best touring car drivers in the country
Old 3 Aug 2005, 11:10 (Ref:1370967)   #10
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinbond
When has Morris ever been one of the best touring car drivers in the country
Considering he is a multiple touring car champion,round winner, bathurst winner and podium winner. To me that rates up there
Old 3 Aug 2005, 12:20 (Ref:1371038)   #11
resisturban
Racer

resisturban should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He regularly runs in the top 10.... id say he is one of the best.
Old 4 Aug 2005, 08:52 (Ref:1371712)   #12
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
Considering he is a multiple touring car champion,round winner, bathurst winner and podium winner. To me that rates up there
Yep your right Morris is good, he won championships in series with 3 cars and 2 fans. He never won bathurst though he was disqualified.............
Old 4 Aug 2005, 12:51 (Ref:1371906)   #13
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinbond
Yep your right Morris is good, he won championships in series with 3 cars and 2 fans. He never won bathurst though he was disqualified.............
If you feel that the 95,97 and 99 championships had 3 cars and 2 people watching, I would suggest you had another look as you would be alone with that assessment.

Yes Paul was disqualified after winning the 1997 Bathuurst 1000, however he did win "the Great Race" in 99.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 13:43 (Ref:1372916)   #14
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
can we meet you too, gtr?