Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 19 May 2020, 11:00 (Ref:3977124)   #541
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!
Itís gonna be tricky for revenue. Iím sure they could cut the price down. It can done. Just need to put the crowd in the right places
Old 19 May 2020, 18:23 (Ref:3977198)   #542
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Itís gonna be tricky for revenue. Iím sure they could cut the price down. It can done. Just need to put the crowd in the right places
Well if it can be done its Auto racing. I predict that of all sports, racing will be the first to have fans again. IMSA maybe before anybody. Good podcast from S365 came out today talking about this stuff. Plus the logistical travel issues foreign drivers are facing. I guess the most impacted of all the teams right is going to be CORE/Porsche
Old 20 May 2020, 11:19 (Ref:3977308)   #543
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!
I agree with you there. We have got the means to get it back. IMSA will be back. Interesting podcasts indeed, it can happen and they will help drivers get here via whatever means. Of course it might be a struggle for some teams, but we should have enough for a grid of cars
Old 21 May 2020, 21:47 (Ref:3977621)   #544
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
Corvette Racing crew chief Dan Binks announced his retirement today. 2020 Daytona 24 will be (was) his last race.

https://racer.com/2020/05/21/corvett...binks-retires/
Old 22 May 2020, 00:43 (Ref:3977631)   #545
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I watched the Vette team unload the C7R the last time at PLM and Road Atlanta. I guess that was Dan's last race with the team there. (Dan left middle in photo)

Enjoy the next journey, Dan!
Old 22 May 2020, 06:59 (Ref:3977645)   #546
S griffin
Veteran

Always good to see the guys do their work in the paddock. Probably that was it from him. I hope he enjoys whatever he does next, it'll be hard to follow what he's done
Old 23 May 2020, 22:30 (Ref:3977958)   #547
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sounds like Binks is moving on to running his own local tuning and car building shop. So a car guy's retirement
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 23 May 2020, 22:40 (Ref:3977960)   #548
S griffin
Veteran

Heís basically taking a step down from his previous job, like mechanics do when they leave motorsport. A lot of them have gone on to work or run a local garage
Old 24 May 2020, 12:39 (Ref:3978062)   #549
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm sure the travel is what eventually wears you out.
Old 4 Jun 2020, 12:25 (Ref:3980129)   #550
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Porsche has pulled the plug on its gtlm program. Not sure where this leaves the future of the class.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/0...programme.html
Old 4 Jun 2020, 12:40 (Ref:3980133)   #551
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Porsche has pulled the plug on its gtlm program. Not sure where this leaves the future of the class.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/0...programme.html
Oh wow...its happened. That's stinks big time. Yeah I guess moving to GTD pro and GTD Am is possible with the C8R and M8 being grandfathered and BoP'd in if they stick around.

I also wonder if it is possible to take GT4 and make it a GT4+, such as bigger rear wings, more horsepower. They lap Daytona at 1 min 54 roughly. Perhaps they can get them boosted so that they could run 1:49 perhaps.

Last edited by MaskedRacer; 4 Jun 2020 at 12:46.
Old 4 Jun 2020, 13:38 (Ref:3980144)   #552
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 has a real shot at the podium!seanyb505 has a real shot at the podium!seanyb505 has a real shot at the podium!seanyb505 has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah I feel like GTD Pro and Am makes the most sense from my armchair.

BMW would use the M4 GT3 instead of grandfathering the M8. Until the M4 comes out, they have the M6 GT3 car. It would be easier to continue bop'ing the M6 rather than adapt the M8 to GT3 rules.

The big wrench is what Corvette does if they stand by their stated commitment to Le Mans. Race GTE in WEC? Any conversion to GTD, then run GTD all year long then whip out the GTE for Le Mans?

Or will IMSA work like mad to get more GTLM entrants and keep the class alive? Or do nothing and provide the single team playground class for Corvette?
Old 4 Jun 2020, 14:15 (Ref:3980152)   #553
Anyopenroad
Veteran

European Union
London
Anyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think we are witnessing the death of the GTLM/GTE classes.

The future is customer/privateer racing with factory support at major races.
Old 4 Jun 2020, 14:27 (Ref:3980156)   #554
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post

I also wonder if it is possible to take GT4 and make it a GT4+, such as bigger rear wings, more horsepower. They lap Daytona at 1 min 54 roughly. Perhaps they can get them boosted so that they could run 1:49 perhaps.
5 seconds a lap is probably asking a lot. Maybe not so much for the Macca or the Audi, but definitely for the more touringcar-ish cars like the BMW.
Old 4 Jun 2020, 15:01 (Ref:3980165)   #555
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 has a real shot at the championship!NaBUru38 has a real shot at the championship!NaBUru38 has a real shot at the championship!NaBUru38 has a real shot at the championship!NaBUru38 has a real shot at the championship!
IMSA needs a GT pro class (no bronze drivers), and a GT am class (with one bronze driver).