Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Oct 2019, 13:56 (Ref:3934678)   #26
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It also surprised me new less paying members got more discount, but as always it could be to draw new members. Same when you have longtime subscribtion to a newspaper and pay full, new subscribtions get a hugh discount. Not fare, but that is how it works.
If it is like that I can live with it. Otherwise it would not be fare.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 14:00 (Ref:3934680)   #27
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I got the Email regarding the ticketsale opening today.
We must have woke someone.
A LITTLE LATE ACO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 15 Oct 2019, 14:05 (Ref:3934681)   #28
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, me too.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 14:33 (Ref:3934688)   #29
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Like others no pre-email until an hour ago today and its all up and running - tickets purchased.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 16:04 (Ref:3934710)   #30
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well that was a mess, Tourist office seem to have put me on the bottom of the pile and so i got no camping tickets this year, not a happy bunny.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 16:51 (Ref:3934718)   #31
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well that was a mess, Tourist office seem to have put me on the bottom of the pile and so i got no camping tickets this year, not a happy bunny.
That's a disaster mate, I'm really sorry!

Are you calling round agencies? Or will you take an alternative campsite for next year? I see three of the premium sites still have a few spaces available on the ACO website.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 17:15 (Ref:3934725)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Brian at 1st Tickets is still showing 'Register Today' for all campsites... I can put in a good word if you need me to Simon?
Old 15 Oct 2019, 17:55 (Ref:3934733)   #33
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Hoping the tourist office do something for me.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 18:18 (Ref:3934737)   #34
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Hoping the tourist office do something for me.
I fear that ship has sailed. Tourist Office became too well-known and the first victim of that is its most ardent supporter.
I'm afraid you have to cough up and get agency tickets here or there.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 18:25 (Ref:3934740)   #35
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I see three of the premium sites still have a few spaces available on the ACO website.
Yes, I see Houx, Maison Blanche and Expo still available on lemans.org???
Usually they don't even come available, let alone be still up for grabs 12 hours after ticket opening?
Old 15 Oct 2019, 19:00 (Ref:3934747)   #36
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
What a bummer, Simon, hope someone will take you in, as you did in the past few years.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 19:12 (Ref:3934754)   #37
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome to the ACO organisation mates!
They need to promote the race because of the uncertain success of the hypercars ans they use the opposite way with the fans. As we say in France it is a state in the state. And nobody cares. A pity. They sell lot of places to tour operators. Probably les and less places for the members.....

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 15 Oct 2019, 20:28 (Ref:3934781)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But to get an email at 14.07 today saying that members ticketing opened today? Deliberate or just sloppy? I'm reckoning deliberate.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 20:58 (Ref:3934791)   #39
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
But to get an email at 14.07 today saying that members ticketing opened today? Deliberate or just sloppy? I'm reckoning deliberate.
Mine 15:22 in France

Old 16 Oct 2019, 08:38 (Ref:3934879)   #40
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Yes, I see Houx, Maison Blanche and Expo still available on lemans.org???
Usually they don't even come available, let alone be still up for grabs 12 hours after ticket opening?
Maison Blanche was the biggest surprise, I've always considered it to be historically the most hard to get campsite out of all of them, and harder to get as the years have gone by, because of it's gradual downsizing. You could have bought 20+ pitches when the tickets went on sale yesterday morning!
Old 16 Oct 2019, 08:40 (Ref:3934880)   #41
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
14:06 here, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, I think they simply forgot to send it, and nobody realised until members alerted them to the fact.
Old 16 Oct 2019, 08:48 (Ref:3934882)   #42
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well I have my T17 ticket courtesy of Catherine.
Old 16 Oct 2019, 08:56 (Ref:3934887)   #43
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Well I have my T17 ticket courtesy of Catherine.
Great stuff, we'll see you in there, Peter!

Oh, and I'll show you some pics I took of you (and your car) at the Silverstone Classic...your face was a picture of relief and exhaustion when you took your balaklava off after the Sunday race!
Old 16 Oct 2019, 09:07 (Ref:3934893)   #44
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Old 16 Oct 2019, 09:38 (Ref:3934902)   #45
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Massive problem with the website system.
My account (new €60 membership) failed repeatedly to connect to ticketing.
I rang the ACO this morning and was put through to ticketing.
No problem at all buying adjacent T17 tickets. Price increased to €120.
I'll sort out the electronic problems and account upgrading with the ACO once the buying demand has died down.
Old 16 Oct 2019, 10:05 (Ref:3934907)   #46
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
Massive problem with the website system.
My account (new €60 membership) failed repeatedly to connect to ticketing.
I rang the ACO this morning and was put through to ticketing.
No problem at all buying adjacent T17 tickets. Price increased to €120.
I'll sort out the electronic problems and account upgrading with the ACO once the buying demand has died down.
At least you're sorted!

I had the same problem (on my old type membership), as did many other members, from what I can see. Not sure if there's a specific problem connecting with the new type memberships, but the solution I found for my old type membership was to log in to my ACO member account first, then go to ticketing. Going straight to ticketing and trying to log in without first logging in to my member account threw up a message saying 'Account locked, check your emails'.
Old 16 Oct 2019, 10:32 (Ref:3934924)   #47
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
At least you're sorted!

I had the same problem (on my old type membership), as did many other members, from what I can see. Not sure if there's a specific problem connecting with the new type memberships, but the solution I found for my old type membership was to log in to my ACO member account first, then go to ticketing. Going straight to ticketing and trying to log in without first logging in to my member account threw up a message saying 'Account locked, check your emails'.
I'm sure that's the right solution, James. At one stage last night I was getting "compte bloquée" probably going straight to ticketing.
Going the correct way gets me timed out each time.
i'll sort it with the ACO in due course.

Notable that when I was talking to a membership assistant a few weeks age he told me that they are expecting a smaller crowd in 2020 with the new regs.
Old 16 Oct 2019, 15:08 (Ref:3934970)   #48
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well still got nothing sorted yet, the ever helpful tourist office have suggested that i contact the ACO direct to sort out the mess she made of my booking I have explained that Kevin is heavily disabled and needs easy access and disabled facilities, but we will see. Bring back Nadine never had a problem since 1995 with her but looks like i will have to pay almost £400 pounds to get each camping ticket (plus 2 race ones) and this years ACO membership wasted as i will be unable to get any discounts.
Old 16 Oct 2019, 15:19 (Ref:3934976)   #49
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Dear mates
Just back home arriving from the ticket office at the mai entrance.
I met a hostess who was here to ear ans notice the members feelings.
So I explained her in the name of all of you all the problems about the tickets booking, more and more privatized areas along the track, less and less access in the paddock or just around, mate ticketing opening email .......
All the problems we often talk about and I showed some messages of the file. She Openers wide her eyes when she red the file title.
She insured me to write my commentaries to lift them to the members staff.
Like the phone hostesses all these people make a remarkable job and are already welcoming. But I have a huge doubt in the fact that my commentaries will awake the staff consciousness.

Old 16 Oct 2019, 15:20 (Ref:3934977)   #50
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Quote:
Well still got nothing sorted yet, the ever helpful tourist office have suggested that i contact the ACO direct to sort out the mess she made of my booking I have explained that Kevin is heavily disabled and needs easy access and disabled facilities, but we will see. Bring back Nadine never had a problem since 1995 with her but looks like i will have to pay almost £400 pounds to get each camping ticket (plus 2 race ones) and this years ACO membership wasted as i will be unable to get any discounts.
Simon still some places available in Houx