Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 31 Oct 2020, 09:59 (Ref:4014023)   #2876
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I suspect they keep tracking info vague for a purpose. They certainly don't do communication.
I also use P2G to send used MG parts all over the place. The trick is not to use their tracking but to get the actual courier's reference off the label doc and use the courier's own tracking website - far more detail
Old 31 Oct 2020, 12:35 (Ref:4014050)   #2877
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Having seen the " Back to the Future " films , this one did bring a slight smile thinking about how this year has been .

The words are [ Whatever happens Marty , don,t go to 2020]

Last edited by Tel 911S; 31 Oct 2020 at 12:38. Reason: add extra words
Old 31 Oct 2020, 14:44 (Ref:4014078)   #2878
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
It did eventually turn up, just not the way I expected.
A clock always arrive "in time" !
Old 31 Oct 2020, 15:11 (Ref:4014085)   #2879
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
A clock always arrive "in time" !
I went off it a bit when I saw Macron had what appeared to be the same clock on his desk. At least mine belongs to me & not the country!!
Old 31 Oct 2020, 18:05 (Ref:4014101)   #2880
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
His has the official time. ATM.
Old 31 Oct 2020, 18:44 (Ref:4014112)   #2881
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
I also use P2G to send used MG parts all over the place. The trick is not to use their tracking but to get the actual courier's reference off the label doc and use the courier's own tracking website - far more detail

And of course with P2go you do get a choice of couriers - for me, Hermes is often the best compromise, taking into account drop-off locations etc, but I've used quite a selection. TNT was actually the worst, come to think of it - they lost a gearbox that I'd physically loaded onto the tailgate of their truck, and denied all knowledge of it.........haven't used them since
Old 31 Oct 2020, 19:57 (Ref:4014136)   #2882
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chef The Bike Birket

This time last week I was at Sillystone watching 69 cars take the start on the 3.66 miles Grand Prix circuit.

Today at Mallory we had the Freetech Streetstock.
84 motorbikes/scooters/mopeds (max 125cc) took the start on the 1.41 miles Superbike circuit. Practice & then Qualifying went from 9 to 9-45.
The race started @ 10 and was flagged at 1. The bikes were put into Parc Ferme on the Start Line, before restarting at 2 & running until 16-45 when it was quite dark.

Surprisingly despite 2 serious rain storms and very strong winds there was only 1 'Medical Incident' all day, when 2 bikes collided in the middle of Charlies leaving 1 rider with a broken collarbone.

Be interesting to see how tomorrows CSCC meeting compares.
Old 1 Nov 2020, 17:04 (Ref:4014341)   #2883
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
The BBC should get it's self sorted out, that's 3 times in the last few weeks that they have emailed me to say that my direct debit has not been paid for my TV licence.
Oh come to think of it I don't have a DD for the BBC and my licence is still valid until next year !!
I had one from EDF last year saying "unless I click on a link and pay X amount that I would be cut off" well I didn't reply and I still have electricity so they obviously feel sorry for us OAPs
We flew back to Blighty yesterday as the impending lockdown in Spain will be worse than the UK one, also we had a 11pm to 6am curfew put in place last week
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 Nov 2020, 18:19 (Ref:4014359)   #2884
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Welcome back, Gordon, even if you are on some super-scammers list

I read today that the hospitality industry in Spain is starting a "Eat like a European" campaign to try to get people to come out to restaurants at the unearthly hour of 8pm, or even heaven forfend, 7pm.......
Old 2 Nov 2020, 05:51 (Ref:4014463)   #2885
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Welcome back, Gordon, even if you are on some super-scammers list

I read today that the hospitality industry in Spain is starting a "Eat like a European" campaign to try to get people to come out to restaurants at the unearthly hour of 8pm, or even heaven forfend, 7pm.......
Hehehe I know that where my Mother lives, a couple of hours North of Gordon in Calpe, many restaurants have been offering 'happy hour' discount menus for those in and ordered by 7:30. Trouble we had was it is just a bit too soon after we got home from lunch!
Old 2 Nov 2020, 06:14 (Ref:4014469)   #2886
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Nice to see some communities offering fair deals to customers. The happy hour seems like a good idea. Glad you were able to get something from there. Just make sure you leave a gap between lunch and supper next time!
Old 2 Nov 2020, 08:14 (Ref:4014476)   #2887
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
EB, I'm sure you mother is wearing two watches, one showing Greenwich, the other aus time.
Old 2 Nov 2020, 12:30 (Ref:4014535)   #2888
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
A fair number of cafes and restaurants have actually closed in our area in Spain and claim that they won't be opening again, although a good percentage of them close over the winter period anyway so will have to see what happens. I think the ones that will be in the most trouble are renting rather than owning premises, but it's not looking good !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 Nov 2020, 20:05 (Ref:4014609)   #2889
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
The roads were very quiet tonight as I cycled home under a full moon.I was also graced with greatness this afternoon with a visit from Lord and Lady Mallet. Very nice it was too.
Old 2 Nov 2020, 20:20 (Ref:4014614)   #2890
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
The roads were very quiet tonight as I cycled home under a full moon.I was also graced with greatness this afternoon with a visit from Lord and Lady Mallet. Very nice it was too.
Yup good to see you today.
Old 3 Nov 2020, 08:20 (Ref:4014677)   #2891
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Its discussed in another thread, but who has been watching the WTCR races at Aragon? Seems the apex is far beyond the kerbs for some. Track limits. What limits?
Old 3 Nov 2020, 08:59 (Ref:4014684)   #2892
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Its discussed in another thread, but who has been watching the WTCR races at Aragon? Seems the apex is far beyond the kerbs for some. Track limits. What limits?
The clue is in the race series' name!
Old 3 Nov 2020, 12:49 (Ref:4014716)   #2893
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Is is laughable really.....if we drove like that at one of the Peter Auto events we would get the biggest *******ing and probably not be welcomed back....and yet they appear to be able to make up their own track as they go with no consequences.
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 4 Nov 2020, 21:49 (Ref:4014913)   #2894
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's the same in the BTCC isn't it? At times, it's more like banger racing than proper racing!

It always makes me laugh when one of the commentators praises a driver for a 'great overtake', when what he's actually done is rammed the other car out of the way and forced his way through. Can't speak for all club racing, but certainly the club I race with would take a very dim view of any such 'great overtake', and you'd most likely be asked politely to leave and not come back!

Whatever happened to using your skill and racecraft to execute a clean pass?
Old 5 Nov 2020, 02:46 (Ref:4014933)   #2895
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
It's the same in the BTCC isn't it? At times, it's more like banger racing than proper racing!

It always makes me laugh when one of the commentators praises a driver for a 'great overtake', when what he's actually done is rammed the other car out of the way and forced his way through. Can't speak for all club racing, but certainly the club I race with would take a very dim view of any such 'great overtake', and you'd most likely be asked politely to leave and not come back!

Whatever happened to using your skill and racecraft to execute a clean pass?
Same as F1 watch Hamilton aka The White Line King.Couldnt drive to track limits if he tried.
As for the lines taken in the above mentioned series,it was laughable.Teams were nigh on all being warned of their transgressions,drivers were told over their radios but did they take any notice!!Almost as if the CoC was asleep or just couldn't be bothered.Stupid to let all of this crap driving carry on like this as it will only get worse.
Old 6 Nov 2020, 19:03 (Ref:4015232)   #2896
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Same as F1 watch Hamilton aka The White Line King.Couldnt drive to track limits if he tried.
As for the lines taken in the above mentioned series,it was laughable.Teams were nigh on all being warned of their transgressions,drivers were told over their radios but did they take any notice!!Almost as if the CoC was asleep or just couldn't be bothered.Stupid to let all of this crap driving carry on like this as it will only get worse.
Little grumpy at 2.30 am Tell.
Old 7 Nov 2020, 05:32 (Ref:4015316)   #2897
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Little grumpy at 2.30 am Tell.
Three thirty when I wrote it Ian��
But I do hate the way that track limits are abused.There is no reason other than drivers being sloppy and always looking for an excuse for low driving standards.Should be foot high walls around every track.��
Decided on another project now so the Capri will have to go.lots spent on it as you know.
Old 7 Nov 2020, 07:57 (Ref:4015324)   #2898
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Its a poor show. When I think that sometimes we are told that we have to set the good example for the coming generations… What a farce!
GT40 Terence?
Old 7 Nov 2020, 12:34 (Ref:4015358)   #2899
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Where do you go with a technical problem?

My post counter seems to have permanently stuck on 2,069.

Last edited by John Elwin; 7 Nov 2020 at 12:35. Reason: Sod's Law - now it's changed, but it has been on 2,069 for a while.
Old 7 Nov 2020, 13:18 (Ref:4015365)   #2900
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Where do you go with a technical problem?
May I respectfully suggest you open a WTF thread…