Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 2 May 2011, 06:59 (Ref:2872738)   #1051
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Friel View Post
Are there any race results available?
Will post em to the website today....sorry...I had a bit of a lay in yesterday...lol
Old 2 May 2011, 07:55 (Ref:2872757)   #1052
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
....sorry...I had a bit of a lay in yesterday...lol
A lay in? No stamina, you youngsters
Old 2 May 2011, 08:21 (Ref:2872764)   #1053
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
A lay in? No stamina, you youngsters

Yes, I wasnt sitting in the pitlane like I was on a benidorm beech Mr Bell....some of us actually worked that day (ohhh i cannot wait for the backlash on this)

Results and timing are on the website by the way www.360mrc.com

ta
Claire
Old 2 May 2011, 11:14 (Ref:2872847)   #1054
JasperClan
Racer

United Kingdom
Benwick
JasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I'm nearly feeling human enough to add my twopenny's worth. Thanks must go to the complete organising team , officials and all marshals, helpers etc. for putting on the best event I have had the honour to compete in. Sorry, amend that to have attempted to compete in.

Thanks to Richards (Lancsbreaker) for his report on our attempts to get the car on the track for more than 3 laps. Special thanks must go to our happy band of helpers who never stopped trying to sort our problems.

I spoke to one of our chief helpers this morning, who is a regular on the sprinting scene, and he came out with the following which I thought summed up the attitude of the event " I've never known an event where the Officials did all they could to ensure we continued".

Next Year? We'll be back if you will have us.

Pete Richards (Clan 40)
Old 2 May 2011, 12:27 (Ref:2872886)   #1055
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Happy to have you guys as neighbours again.
Old 2 May 2011, 12:50 (Ref:2872895)   #1056
Porscheman
Racer

Ireland
Dublin Ireland
Porscheman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Firstly thanks to claire and all the team that organised this great event we really enjoyed it and thanks to all the other competitors who made us feel so welcome especially our closest nebighours in the other 924s you really are a great bunch of guys and it was a pleasure meeting you all . Also full credit to the best commentator in Motorsport today he is just so good at it and makes the event even greater

We are more than happy with our result and just glad to make the finish which was helped very much by 3 great drivers that never sat in the car before qualifying

We will definitly be back next year and hopefully with 2 cars

Can we please have another race this year or if anybody knows of any other clubman type events in modern or historic cars please let us know
Old 2 May 2011, 13:07 (Ref:2872901)   #1057
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If you look at the MG Car Club they have MG Live at Silverstone in June. There's a couple of allcomers races that may suit you.

Then there's the CSCC who run Future Classics and a German Marque series. Look em up.
Old 2 May 2011, 13:09 (Ref:2872903)   #1058
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
CTCRC Festival Mallory Park in June full weekend, no club joining required and plenty of racing, no long distance or driver change stuff but probably 4 events you can enter over the weekend with different drivers(providing car pre 93 of course and will probably be in the invitation class but definitely OK in Classic Thunder, we are friendly too!).
Old 2 May 2011, 13:24 (Ref:2872908)   #1059
Porscheman
Racer

Ireland
Dublin Ireland
I am really looking for races 4 hours + so i can run 4 drivers to make the trave worthwhile and would love 6 to 10 hours we could even travel to europe
Old 2 May 2011, 14:24 (Ref:2872927)   #1060
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, I wasnt sitting in the pitlane like I was on a benidorm beech Mr Bell....some of us actually worked that day (ohhh i cannot wait for the backlash on this)

ta
Claire

Yes,we did,but not all of us scived off for bacon roll's,coffee etc.

Ok,Terri and Grant,I have tried to remove your kind words relating to a certain lager ad but can't,will you change it back again, Pppppllllleeeaaase.
Old 2 May 2011, 14:28 (Ref:2872930)   #1061
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Yes,we did,but not all of us scived off for bacon roll's,coffee etc.
I saw you wandering round the paddock quickly wiping brown sauce from your cheek while that other poor sod was leading the field round the track in the SC.
Old 2 May 2011, 14:51 (Ref:2872938)   #1062
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porscheman View Post
I am really looking for races 4 hours + so i can run 4 drivers to make the trave worthwhile and would love 6 to 10 hours we could even travel to europe
the only one I can think of would be the 2CV 24 hours
http://www.2cvracing.co.uk/24hr-race-info
Old 2 May 2011, 16:23 (Ref:2872978)   #1063
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
I saw you wandering round the paddock quickly wiping brown sauce from your cheek while that other poor sod was leading the field round the track in the SC.
Don't know how Terry had time for that, he must have done more laps than "our" 924
Old 2 May 2011, 16:25 (Ref:2872983)   #1064
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

ta
Claire
Poor old Mike can't win, last year you castigated him for being too aggressive in the pit lane, this year for being too laid back!
Old 2 May 2011, 16:46 (Ref:2872995)   #1065
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, now, just a brief post from me for the moment. Clearly everyone enjoyed themselves and there have been a lot of great posts about this lovely event. My own day was marred by a fuel leak springing from under my MGC whereupon I inflicted my resulting grumpiness on Gareth Burnett (sorry), Mike Bell (sorry) and Claire (even more sorry!) and got myself covered in petrol and underseal in a vain attempt to sort it myself. In the end bowed to the inevitable and followed Al's advice to get the AA out and they sorted it very quickly. However, by that time I had missed about 2 hours and completely lost track of the race. Did take loads of pics so will, at some stage hope to put a few up. Great to meet some old friends, sorry to miss some others and very pleased to meet a couple of new ones.

Will try to give further impressions of the actual racing later but just to show that I'm still grumpy, I think 5 threads on this event is maybe a tad overkill, so I might just have to do some merging!
Attached Thumbnails
360MRCSnet30Apr2011 027wb.jpg  

Last edited by John Turner; 2 May 2011 at 17:14. Reason: Adding piccy, as evidence!
Old 2 May 2011, 18:24 (Ref:2873055)   #1066
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
If you look at the MG Car Club they have MG Live at Silverstone in June. There's a couple of allcomers races that may suit you.

Then there's the CSCC who run Future Classics and a German Marque series. Look em up.
Peter sorry a bit off thread but would my Merlyn be eligible for the all comers race as my son is looking to upgrade his licence
Old 2 May 2011, 18:32 (Ref:2873067)   #1067
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
whereupon I inflicted my resulting grumpiness on Gareth Burnett (sorry), Mike Bell (sorry) and Claire (even more sorry!) and got myself covered in petrol and underseal in a vain attempt to sort it myself. In the end bowed to the inevitable and followed Al's advice to get the AA out and they sorted it very quickly.
John, I was just so sorry couldn't help more. Glad AA sorted it- maybe should have phoned them when our fuel pump packed in!

Old 2 May 2011, 18:35 (Ref:2873071)   #1068
Dinkel
Racer

Netherlands
Leusden
Dinkel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a superb day out! Thanks everyone who made this day a delight!

Will campaign this to bits and help out to make 360/3 twice as big.

Pics soon!
Old 2 May 2011, 18:40 (Ref:2873076)   #1069
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinkel View Post

Pics soon!
It was a pleasure meeting you and I'm sorry that we couldn't spend more time together.
Your passes for 360/3 are assured.
Old 2 May 2011, 18:45 (Ref:2873077)   #1070
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Pics soon!
Nice to see you again Albert and hopefully we can meet up again at Spa in June if the boss (daughter) gives me time off.
Old 2 May 2011, 18:56 (Ref:2873084)   #1071
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Pics soon!

Thanks to you and Robin for making the trip Albert,pity we didn't get to have that beer. See you soon.
Old 2 May 2011, 21:27 (Ref:2873176)   #1072
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Terry B - ok you spoilsport, that's done for you! I thought it was a great user title! For anyone reading this post who didn't see it, it was "probably the best Safety Car driver in the world" and if Hindy says it, it must be true!

porcheman - no mention of cake...????

TeamClan peeps - did you see the montage Grant did for you?
Old 2 May 2011, 21:47 (Ref:2873188)   #1073
Porscheman
Racer

Ireland
Dublin Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin View Post
Terry B - ok you spoilsport, that's done for you! I thought it was a great user title! For anyone reading this post who didn't see it, it was "probably the best Safety Car driver in the world" and if Hindy says it, it must be true!

I am so sorry thank you very much for the cake I am actually having a piece with a cup of tea now also great to meet you guys and hope to see you in mondello soon
Old 2 May 2011, 22:00 (Ref:2873203)   #1074
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Right, I've been mucking around to get this to work.

THE 360 2011
]

I'll make the high resolution ones available for download shortly, there's also one for the WBS in the relevant thread.
Old 3 May 2011, 05:20 (Ref:2873291)   #1075
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin View Post

Thank you Terri,Hindy's comments were embarrassing enough.
Just a shame i told you about the Cafe on the A5 on the way up to Towcester with the name NOW attached !
Perhaps we can now go back to normal?[if there is such a thing]