Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 15 Jul 2013, 18:28 (Ref:3278050)   #1
Simon Davey
Rookie

Simon Davey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drastically Changed Timetable for Thruxton 21 July

I've just accidentally discovered (from a post on the Marshals section of 10 tenths) that the timetable for the BARC meeting at Thruxton has drastically changed, apparently due to the cancellation of the Ian Taylor FF race.

The change certainly affects both Classic FF1600 and FF2000 as Qualifying now doesn't start until after the Church break, and the Classic F1600 race finishes much later in the afternoon.

The amended timetable is on BARC's website, but it isn't obvious without checking that it has changed from the version that was posted to competitors.

Simon Davey
Old 15 Jul 2013, 20:59 (Ref:3278100)   #2
flatbroke
Racer

flatbroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the heads up Simon

I am sure the Barc will let everyone know !!!

Another cancelled formula ford race
Old 16 Jul 2013, 18:19 (Ref:3278469)   #3
PRS RH01
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport
PRS RH01 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Davey View Post
I've just accidentally discovered (from a post on the Marshals section of 10 tenths) that the timetable for the BARC meeting at Thruxton has drastically changed, apparently due to the cancellation of the Ian Taylor FF race.

The change certainly affects both Classic FF1600 and FF2000 as Qualifying now doesn't start until after the Church break, and the Classic F1600 race finishes much later in the afternoon.

The amended timetable is on BARC's website, but it isn't obvious without checking that it has changed from the version that was posted to competitors.

Simon Davey

Hi Simon this issue has not been sorted fully yet which is why it has not been put out .The marshals have been given some information before it should have been . An Announcement will be made during tomorrow afternoon.
Old 16 Jul 2013, 18:26 (Ref:3278472)   #4
PRS RH01
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatbroke View Post
Thanks for the heads up Simon

I am sure the Barc will let everyone know !!!

Another cancelled formula ford race
Only poorly thought out and executed ones .
Old 16 Jul 2013, 19:46 (Ref:3278490)   #5
Simon Davey
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRS RH01 View Post
Hi Simon this issue has not been sorted fully yet which is why it has not been put out .The marshals have been given some information before it should have been . An Announcement will be made during tomorrow afternoon.
Hi Peter

I know that you do a lot of work behind the scenes for the benefit of Classic FF1600 competitors, but the fact is that an amended timetable has been "put out" by the BARC, who are the Organising Club. It is already publicly posted on the BARC website as a revised timetable for this event, although the substantial change to the original timetable that it contains has not yet been directly communicated to me as a competitor (despite Flatbroke's expectations...).

I got the orginal timetable by post with the Final Instructions last week, so if I had not noticed this change posted on BARC's website I would have arrived for Signing On hours too early next Sunday morning, and would have expected to be able to leave the event hours earlier than is likely to be the case.

It appears likely to me that other competitors may not know of this change. I think we urgently need to know the timetable for this event so that we can make the right travel and accommodation plans.

Are you saying that yet another change to the published timetable (which is currently at Issue #3) will be announced tomorrow?

Also - how will the announcement be made, to ensure that all competitors receive it in time? It may seem unlikely, but I suspect they don't all read TenTenths or regularly scan the BARC website for hard-to-find up-issues of event documents...

Simon Davey

Last edited by Simon Davey; 16 Jul 2013 at 19:53. Reason: clarification
Old 16 Jul 2013, 21:51 (Ref:3278533)   #6
PRS RH01
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Davey View Post
Hi Peter

I know that you do a lot of work behind the scenes for the benefit of Classic FF1600 competitors, but the fact is that an amended timetable has been "put out" by the BARC, who are the Organising Club. It is already publicly posted on the BARC website as a revised timetable for this event, although the substantial change to the original timetable that it contains has not yet been directly communicated to me as a competitor (despite Flatbroke's expectations...).

I got the orginal timetable by post with the Final Instructions last week, so if I had not noticed this change posted on BARC's website I would have arrived for Signing On hours too early next Sunday morning, and would have expected to be able to leave the event hours earlier than is likely to be the case.

It appears likely to me that other competitors may not know of this change. I think we urgently need to know the timetable for this event so that we can make the right travel and accommodation plans.

Are you saying that yet another change to the published timetable (which is currently at Issue #3) will be announced tomorrow?

Also - how will the announcement be made, to ensure that all competitors receive it in time? It may seem unlikely, but I suspect they don't all read TenTenths or regularly scan the BARC website for hard-to-find up-issues of event documents...

Simon Davey
Simon

As you know i pull my hair at some of the antics of the BARC . Unfortunately most of the staff were at goodwood so something that should have been dealt with last week have been forced on us this week . I only had confarmation of the changes this morning and have spent the day in heated discussion for the very reasons you have pointed out . I have drivers who if they travel more than two hours justify it by entering the Pre 90 race at my single headers and at this meeting were entering the ITR so they are cheesed off .People have booked rooms and could now just travel down on the day myself included . They have my proposal and have until 12 to give me an answer at which point several drivers are going to vote with there feet if we dont get what has been asked for .
The BARC seem to have forgotten we are the customer and they are mearly providers of a service . At the moment they are looking very PAN AM to MSVRs Virgin Atlantic
Old 17 Jul 2013, 11:35 (Ref:3278670)   #7
PRS RH01
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport
Just to confirm the times for this Sundays Keyline.com Classic Formula Ford race .

Signing on 9.40-9.55
Scrut 9.55-10.50
Qual 11.15-11.35
Race 16.20 20 minutes

I will phone all to confirm these times . Im sorry the times have changes with issues outside our control and you wont have the chance to race in The Ian Taylor Trophy race but poor management and throwing teddy out of the pram come to mind . I have suggested we race for the trophy but this has been turned down even though Ian himself races our cars in period teddy bears again .
See you all on Sunday.
Peter
Old 17 Jul 2013, 14:11 (Ref:3278726)   #8
Simon Davey
Rookie

To round this one off, I have now received the up-issued timetable for the meeting from the BARC, posted yesterday.

So now all I have to do is re-arrange the timing for the Chicken-minders (for Esme, Sybil, Doris and Madge), the Cat-sitters (for Mabla, Solo and Mystic) and the visit by new Grandson (William aged 4 months)

Simon Davey
Old 17 Jul 2013, 18:29 (Ref:3278827)   #9
PRS RH01
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport
The BARC late this evening have now said that The Keyline.com Formula Ford Championship will be racing for the Ian Taylor Trophy, this is great news as Ian drove many of our cars in period . Its thanks to some hard work by Pat over the years that we are able to do this .
Look forward to seeing you all on Sunday .

Peter