Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Jun 2018, 07:33 (Ref:3832602)   #16
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
A boring race with hardly any (if any) overtaking I think. Most of the paddock saying the same. The drivers have requested the chicane be removed.

Another Monaco?

Old 23 Jun 2018, 07:36 (Ref:3832603)   #17
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Utterly horrendous traffic on the way in, according to more than one account on Twitter.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...ulous-1047272/

Old 23 Jun 2018, 08:10 (Ref:3832607)   #18
crmalcolm
Veteran

Italy
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
The drivers have requested the chicane be removed.
In what format/context have the drivers requested the chicane be removed?

Is it from drivers' columns in the press, in interview(s), at a drivers' briefing?....
Old 23 Jun 2018, 08:33 (Ref:3832610)   #19
E.B
Veteran

Australia
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
In what format/context have the drivers requested the chicane be removed?

Is it from drivers' columns in the press, in interview(s), at a drivers' briefing?....
Raised at the drivers briefing..... no changes can be made to the track as homologated for this years race was the response.

Quote:
Drivers have voiced their desire to change the layout of the Paul Ricard circuit following the opening day’s running at the venue.

Making its return to the Formula 1 calendar for the first time in 28 years, the circuit now features a chicane midway down the Mistral Straight.

During the 1970s and the first half of the 1980s the circuit ran uninterrupted down the long back straight, before F1 used a shortened circuit following the testing accident which killed Elio de Angelis in 1986.

However drivers feel the chicane will detract from their ability to race, and have raised their concerns with the FIA during Friday night’s driver’s briefing.

“I think a long straight line will potentially create more overtakes,” said Brendon Hartley.

“I don’t think it will happen for tomorrow, but I’ve tested and raced without the chicane.

“It makes things interesting because it’s less downforce with the long straight line, Turn 10 becomes more of a corner, and so does the last sector with less downforce.

“Maybe it’s a discussion point for next year. The good news is here there are plenty of options....”

....No changes can be made to the venue for this weekend’s race, as the existing layout has been homologated.

Future changes, such as the removal of the chicane in the middle of the Mistral Straight, would require the FIA to analyse the impact that has to the run off area at Turn 6.
Full article: https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/06/23...icard-circuit/
Old 23 Jun 2018, 09:26 (Ref:3832615)   #20
crmalcolm
Veteran

Italy
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Raised at the drivers briefing..... no changes can be made to the track as homologated for this years race was the response.

Full article: https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/06/23...icard-circuit/
E.B Thanks. I'm sure the drivers know it can't be changed for this year, but perhaps they are pushing for it to be assessed over the course of the weekend, in the hope of a change for 2019?
Old 23 Jun 2018, 09:54 (Ref:3832618)   #21
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
Unfortunately I have to wait till gone 10 to see highlights on C4. Dunno why though

I agree with the drivers, use the full straight, there'd be no need to use DRS if that was the case.
Old 23 Jun 2018, 10:52 (Ref:3832627)   #22
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!
A mate of mine phoned and said that he has been sitting in traffic for hours and has given up trying to get there. I don't think he's alone ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 23 Jun 2018, 10:57 (Ref:3832629)   #23
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At the top of a mountain. Only 2 real roads in, both minor roads. Was always going to be a nightmare.
Old 23 Jun 2018, 10:59 (Ref:3832630)   #24
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
A mate of mine phoned and said that he has been sitting in traffic for hours and has given up trying to get there. I don't think he's alone ?
Not alone. There are many fans turning around and driving back home. Some with top tier tickets are going to watch the race from home or their hotels. Even fans who flew over from outside Europe!! Utter shambles.

Old 23 Jun 2018, 11:33 (Ref:3832638)   #25
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
Most people would be better using the airfield next to it
Old 23 Jun 2018, 11:35 (Ref:3832641)   #26
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Not alone. There are many fans turning around and driving back home. Some with top tier tickets are going to watch the race from home or their hotels. Even fans who flew over from outside Europe!! Utter shambles.

It was bad enough years ago so it would always get worse with more (and bigger) cars, I might watch it on the box with a cool beer, but will probably just watch the highlights later
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 23 Jun 2018, 16:11 (Ref:3832671)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Vettee overcooked his flying lap and will start 3rd. Lulu gets his 75th pole and Bottas completes the Mercedes front row shut out. Verstappen and Ricciardo are 4th and 5th.
Old 23 Jun 2018, 18:50 (Ref:3832706)   #28
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have to say this is the worst thing ever.

Anyway, those Mercs have their mojo back. Nice new engine.
Old 23 Jun 2018, 21:15 (Ref:3832734)   #29
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Foul in Game
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Brilliant job by Leclerc again......
Old 23 Jun 2018, 21:27 (Ref:3832736)   #30
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My son, an Ocon fan, is not impressed as Leclerc knocked Ocon out in Q2. I said I’m beginning to like itiseye because he’s driving really well. He said he was beginning to hate him. Knowing that I was disappointed that the LE MANS WINNER Alonso went out in Q1 he asked why I didn’t hate the drivers that knocked him out. He’s six.