Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 10 May 2000, 23:02 (Ref:14467)   #1
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

If any of you guys are heading for Knockhill for the TOCA meeting this weekend make sure you look us up at Mark Fish Motorsport.
Paul Lomax and myself drive the Clios #32 and #33 and it was good to meet a few of the guys at previous rounds.
If anyone's interested, I'll offer a brief update after the weekend on life inside a loony tunes Clio around Knockhill?
Well, it's off to sunny Scotland (hopefully) for me.
Later
RickP
Old 11 May 2000, 18:17 (Ref:14468)   #2
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello there It was great meeting both of you at Donington. Chris & I won't be able to make it to Knockhill - it's a little far and we have other commitments, but we'll definitely be ther at Oulton Park, so you've got a couple of weeks to prepare for the invasion
Old 11 May 2000, 19:06 (Ref:14469)   #3
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Won't have the chance to get up to Knockhill this weekend, but will definitely be at Oulton because that's my local track. Hope you both have a good race at Knockhill
Old 15 May 2000, 08:25 (Ref:14470)   #4
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Well team,
The weekend got off to a pretty bad start when BHP decided I was the lucky guy to get the onboard camera for the race! Yet to complete a lap, it is becoming known as a bit of a jinx...
Qualifying went well, popped it 6th on the grid, would have preffered the inside but since I'd never seen the track before and I was down in 11th in testing wasn't pretty chuffed. Paul clocked 17th, ahead of several of our old Super Coupe rivals so he was pretty chuffed.
Race started seriously packed together under sunny skies with a HUGE crowd, obviously there is not a lot to do in Scotland!
Got held out around the outside for the first 3 corners, but got some good space and was upto fourth coming off turn 3... then a loud bang as I was tapped from behind and shot off towards the solid bits... just managed to avoid rolling it and managed to spin it away from the chasing pack. The camera jinx had struck!
All was not lost as I rejoined 24th and last, I was seeing a touch of red mist and by lap 9 I was back to 11th.
However, the Clerk of the COurse was a little unhappy with me having helped one of my fellow drivers up the start-finish straight after he seemed to be lacking from a little momentum and I was shown the black and white "behave!" flag. I thought it was in fact the black flag I was shown and called into the pits, losing a lap and all chance of a good finish. Rejoined and spent the last 10 laps entertaining the crowd trying to stand the car on two wheels throught the chicane! Gutted, but at least the on-board shots look good!
Paul was running a very credible 11th when he was assaulted at the hairpin and was forced to retire to the pits with rather a lot of toe in on his right rear wheel!
Look out for the TV coverage for the series, it starts this Thursday morning at 2.45AM on Channel 4 with Brands Hatch and we are on for the next 3 consecutive weeks at least.
Old 15 May 2000, 08:49 (Ref:14471)   #5
Veteran

England
Zurich

Well team,
The weekend got off to a pretty bad start when BHP decided I was the lucky guy to get the onboard camera for the race! Yet to complete a lap, it is becoming known as a bit of a jinx...
Qualifying went well, popped it 6th on the grid, would have preffered the inside but since I'd never seen the track before and I was down in 11th in testing wasn't pretty chuffed. Paul clocked 17th, ahead of several of our old Super Coupe rivals so he was pretty chuffed.
Race started seriously packed together under sunny skies with a HUGE crowd, obviously there is not a lot to do in Scotland!
Got held out around the outside for the first 3 corners, but got some good space and was upto fourth coming off turn 3... then a loud bang as I was tapped from behind and shot off towards the solid bits... just managed to avoid rolling it and managed to spin it away from the chasing pack. The camera jinx had struck!
All was not lost as I rejoined 24th and last, I was seeing a touch of red mist and by lap 9 I was back to 11th.
However, the Clerk of the COurse was a little unhappy with me having helped one of my fellow drivers up the start-finish straight after he seemed to be lacking from a little momentum and I was shown the black and white "behave!" flag. I thought it was in fact the black flag I was shown and called into the pits, losing a lap and all chance of a good finish. Rejoined and spent the last 10 laps entertaining the crowd trying to stand the car on two wheels throught the chicane! Gutted, but at least the on-board shots look good!
Paul was running a very credible 11th when he was assaulted at the hairpin and was forced to retire to the pits with rather a lot of toe in on his right rear wheel!
Look out for the TV coverage for the series, it starts this Thursday morning at 2.45AM on Channel 4 with Brands Hatch and we are on for the next 3 consecutive weeks at least.