George Russell 0 0%
Mick Schumacher 1 2.56%
Nikita Mazepin 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 May 2021, 10:27 (Ref:4049164)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Portuguese Grand Prix 2021

Who gets it for you?
Old 2 May 2021, 15:46 (Ref:4049211)   #2
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Lewis. Had to overtake Max and Bottas for the win, manage his tyres behind Bottas while trying to keep a gap to Max...pretty impressive balancing act
Old 2 May 2021, 16:06 (Ref:4049214)   #3
BTCC frog
Racer

BTCC frog should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBTCC frog should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was Lando Norris on mediums or hards for the final stint? If he was on mediums, then that is seriously impressive, and he gets my vote. If not, I will go with Esteban Ocon, with Lando a close second missing out due to qualifying. Hamilton was the driver of the race (if Norris was on hards), but I vote based on the whole weekend and Hamilton was outqualified by Bottas.

Shout out to Mick Schumacher too. Beat Latifi's Williams, and beat Mazepin by over a minute.
Old 2 May 2021, 16:10 (Ref:4049217)   #4
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
If anyone’s wondering why there was no ‘official’ driver of the day, Reddit users voted em mass and gave 90% of the vote to Mazespin

I’m not even joking lol....
Old 2 May 2021, 16:14 (Ref:4049221)   #5
BTCC frog
Racer

BTCC frog should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBTCC frog should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
If anyone’s wondering why there was no ‘official’ driver of the day, Reddit users voted em mass and gave 90% of the vote to Mazespin

Ugh. What idiots, pointlessly ruining the vote. It's not even like it hasn't been done before (Australia 2016, the first race of the official driver of the day).
Old 2 May 2021, 16:18 (Ref:4049222)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Norris.
Old 2 May 2021, 16:30 (Ref:4049225)   #7
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post

The official website lists the Driver of the Day as Sergio Perez:

1 Sergio Perez
2 Lewis Hamilton
3 Max Verstappen
4 Daniel Ricciardo
5 Fernando Alonso
Old 2 May 2021, 16:48 (Ref:4049232)   #8
BTCC frog
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The official website lists the Driver of the Day as Sergio Perez:

1 Sergio Perez
2 Lewis Hamilton
3 Max Verstappen
4 Daniel Ricciardo
5 Fernando Alonso
I don't get it. How can the majority of F1 fans vote Perez as the driver of the day, while the likes of Lando Norris and Esteban Ocon don't even make the top five? Unless it is a vote on who can be left out on the same set of tyres for the longest (and clearly that wasn't a strategic move to get Perez the best possible result, it was to slow Hamilton down), I don't see how Perez can be Driver of the Day.
Old 2 May 2021, 17:56 (Ref:4049253)   #9
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post

Shout out to Mick Schumacher too. Beat Latifi's Williams, and beat Mazepin by over a minute.
Excellent by Schumacher in beating Latifi.

Mazepin seemed to lose most of his time, relative to Schumacher, in being lapped. He seems very nervous when the leaders approach, and the Perez moment wouldn't have helped (I think Perez should have been a little smarter at the point, but hey ho).

In about 3 laps he seemed to drop 30 seconds to Schumacher whilst being lapped.

Being lapped without losing time is a skill that not a lot of young drivers have. I rememner Anthony Davidson coming to a stop whilst being lapped in a Minardi at the Hungaroring back in the day. He literally stopped on the inside approaching a corner.
Old 2 May 2021, 16:52 (Ref:4049235)   #10
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!
I gave it to Lando.
Old 2 May 2021, 17:01 (Ref:4049241)   #11
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder what went wrong with Bottas engine if something really went wrong.
Old 2 May 2021, 17:04 (Ref:4049246)   #12
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I wonder what went wrong with Bottas engine if something really went wrong.
It was an exhaust temperature sensor that was malfunctioning. The engine management was reducing power to compensate, until a bypass was selected.
Old 2 May 2021, 17:03 (Ref:4049244)   #13
Greem
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hambone. Didn't drive the perfect race (as in on pole, out first, lights to flag) but had enough nouse to exploit the weaknesses of his opponents.
Old 2 May 2021, 17:06 (Ref:4049247)   #14
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ho, merci beaucoup pour l'information, crmalcolm. Petite cause, grand effet n'est-ce pas?
Old 2 May 2021, 20:30 (Ref:4049271)   #15
steve_r
Veteran

England
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r has a real shot at the podium!steve_r has a real shot at the podium!steve_r has a real shot at the podium!steve_r has a real shot at the podium!
I voted Hamilton. Good drive, overtaking the best of the rest.

Honourable mentions to Ocon, Ricciardo, Norris and nice to see Schumacher having a battle.