Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 May 2021, 08:04 (Ref:4049337)   #26
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Live feed working now for todays activity

FJs about to go out now.

https://youtu.be/Y-9rAQiJf-Y
Thanks for posting the link "Dave".First time I have seen the footage. Again I thought the commentary was very good.
Old 3 May 2021, 10:44 (Ref:4049370)   #27
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done, Peter, for finishing the Pall Mall race with over 100 laps completed. Hope it was enjoyable. 100 laps do Donington is quite punishing I would guess.
Old 3 May 2021, 14:05 (Ref:4049405)   #28
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Andy, if the Pall Mall you refer to was the three hour race, the track and marshals have been busy for a while…
Old 3 May 2021, 16:49 (Ref:4049446)   #29
DAYTONASME
Rookie

United Kingdom
Oulton Park's my local
DAYTONASME should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many thanks to all who viewed & "liked", our "live streaming" of last weekend's DHF. The commentary team was the organisers choosing.

Thanks too, to all those who made it possible, the superb camera work and DK Engineering's sponsorship.

Catch up on Saturday's action on youtube & PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO OUR CHANNEL, LIKE & SHARE, so we can continue to give you high-quality content across the European season, on Historic Motorsport TV

www.historicmotorsport.tv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqSSIpN2yxQ&t=3212s

Future "live streaming" sponsorship opportunities are available, please DM me

Many thanks

Doug

Doug Howard
Historic Motorsport TV
Old 3 May 2021, 17:48 (Ref:4049470)   #30
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAYTONASME View Post
Many thanks to all who viewed & "liked", our "live streaming" of last weekend's DHF. The commentary team was the organisers choosing.

Thanks too, to all those who made it possible, the superb camera work and DK Engineering's sponsorship.

Catch up on Saturday's action on youtube & PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO OUR CHANNEL, LIKE & SHARE, so we can continue to give you high-quality content across the European season, on Historic Motorsport TV

www.historicmotorsport.tv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqSSIpN2yxQ&t=3212s

Future "live streaming" sponsorship opportunities are available, please DM me

Many thanks

Doug

Doug Howard
Historic Motorsport TV
Doug, for me like many on here who are working at these race meetings your coverage is brilliant. We can catch up on the racing and the drivers as there is never much spare time on the day.So big thanks.
Old 4 May 2021, 06:07 (Ref:4049535)   #31
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Coverage superb!
Commentators left lot to be desired.
Where are Pye and Titchmarsh
Why not someone with Historic knowledge doing the pit Lane stuff?
There are a few about!
Old 4 May 2021, 10:30 (Ref:4049576)   #32
Will Nuthall
Racer

Will Nuthall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Will N excellent drive Pity Miles stopped early as two of them in a different class.
Thanks Mike and John!
Good weekend overall, apart from loosing a couple of laps with the Lister.
Enjoyable stint in the GT40!
Old 4 May 2021, 10:56 (Ref:4049578)   #33
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The GT 40 race went well.
Sure they can conjure a few more cars by next round
Should be about 20 at least
Notice there was an original 66 Le Mans car on display.
Old 4 May 2021, 12:20 (Ref:4049602)   #34
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Coverage superb!
Commentators left lot to be desired.
Where are Pye and Titchmarsh
Why not someone with Historic knowledge doing the pit Lane stuff?
There are a few about!
I think that Marcus Pye might have been at Thruxton commentating in CSCC.
Old 4 May 2021, 14:06 (Ref:4049628)   #35
DAYTONASME
Rookie

United Kingdom
Oulton Park's my local
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Doug, for me like many on here who are working at these race meetings your coverage is brilliant. We can catch up on the racing and the drivers as there is never much spare time on the day.So big thanks.
MANY thanks Delta - we're committed to improving & refining the "stream" quality..so any thought's/criticisms/tips/recommendations are VERY welcome.

We have several discussions ongoing with race promoters (in UK & Continental Europe) about securing "live streaming" for events later this year...

We're also looking to extend our footprint with collectors car & historic motorsport digital platforms

You would understand we have to make the "commercial numbers" work, but also to give fellow enthusiasts the best experience, whether at the circuit...in Malaga, Montana or Makarora!!

Thanks for all feedback!

Doug
Old 4 May 2021, 15:42 (Ref:4049651)   #36
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Many thanks to you, I did enjoy the coverage. For those who dont know the drivers name, may I kindly suggest that when the first letters are displayed (which is OK) then the car race number is it possible to have the numbers displayed for longer time? Only a detail from abroad. Thanks again.
Old 4 May 2021, 15:50 (Ref:4049656)   #37
Mike_Powell
Rookie

Mike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The 3 of us enjoyed the weekend marshalling through the Craner Curves. Some good dices, some very impressive racing and plenty to admire.
Thanks to all the competitors for putting on a great show.
Old 4 May 2021, 23:01 (Ref:4049737)   #38
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I watched around half of the races online but didn't see any replays of the more interesting moves, by which I mean during the live event. Camera angles worked well for the most part but I agree with others that the commentating was very lacklustre, watching the Sunday Junior race I could have been listening to the Saturday commentary as they only seemed to talk about the same few cars and not with any real insight. Some in-car footage would have helped lift dull commentary. But overall I enjoyed it and it was good enough to keep me away from all the weekend jobs I should have been doing.
Old 5 May 2021, 12:12 (Ref:4049817)   #39
DAYTONASME
Rookie

United Kingdom
Oulton Park's my local
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
I watched around half of the races online but didn't see any replays of the more interesting moves, by which I mean during the live event. Camera angles worked well for the most part but I agree with others that the commentating was very lacklustre, watching the Sunday Junior race I could have been listening to the Saturday commentary as they only seemed to talk about the same few cars and not with any real insight. Some in-car footage would have helped lift dull commentary. But overall I enjoyed it and it was good enough to keep me away from all the weekend jobs I should have been doing.
Thanks very much Colin..noted, for our production review.

Historic Motorsport TV's key goals are to spread the excitement of Historic Racing globally, engaging with enthusiasts old & new, irrespective of age & gender.

We (Doug, Sarah & Nick) would like to say a massive thank you to the Donington Historic Festival organisers & our sponsors; DK Engineering, Motor Racing Legends & The Royal Automobile club and everyone who believed in us.

The entire "live-stream" is now available for viewing here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-9rAQiJf-Y&t=318s

Many thanks

Doug
Old 5 May 2021, 16:06 (Ref:4049881)   #40
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
One frustration that came out was the lack of knowledge as described above which, considering the commentators, was a bit sad really. They described the Clarke Group A Rover as a replica. In fact it is the original chassis as driven by Soperman in 1983 and restored by the Engineer who built it as an employee of Tom Wlakinshaw in 1982. Likewise the Marlboro Group 1 Rover was the original Rene Metge French Touring Car chassis built by DPR (a sister chassis to my old Rover).
Old 5 May 2021, 17:08 (Ref:4049900)   #41
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Some times together with the entry form we are encouraged to fill another one giving precious info about the car and driver to the commentator. Rather useless I must admit because talking about spectators we have so few not mentioning the coverage which is still to be discovered here. Lucky you.
Happy with your race, Peter?
Old 5 May 2021, 19:40 (Ref:4049929)   #42
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Doug

Assume you are doing a similar thing for Thruxton
Sure we can help to make Pre War race more interesting as I can see problems if your team are not familiar with this class of racing.
Old 5 May 2021, 22:35 (Ref:4049942)   #43
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
One frustration that came out was the lack of knowledge as described above which, considering the commentators, was a bit sad really. They described the Clarke Group A Rover as a replica. In fact it is the original chassis as driven by Soperman in 1983 and restored by the Engineer who built it as an employee of Tom Wlakinshaw in 1982. Likewise the Marlboro Group 1 Rover was the original Rene Metge French Touring Car chassis built by DPR (a sister chassis to my old Rover).
Yes i noted that as a bit of a faux pas.
Old 6 May 2021, 06:51 (Ref:4049970)   #44
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Sure we can help to make Pre War race more interesting as I can see problems if your team are not familiar with this class of racing.
May be it would help the quality and quantity of info given by the commentators if you had one or two "referent" for each grid.
Old 6 May 2021, 14:50 (Ref:4050078)   #45
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
May be it would help the quality and quantity of info given by the commentators if you had one or two "referent" for each grid.
I nominate JR.....it would certainly add to the entertainment!!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 6 May 2021, 16:16 (Ref:4050091)   #46
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Dont forget delta!
Old 6 May 2021, 18:21 (Ref:4050109)   #47
Mike_Powell
Rookie

Mike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We also counted 14 of the original 12 Lightweight E types.
Old 6 May 2021, 18:32 (Ref:4050110)   #48
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Powell View Post
We also counted 14 of the original 12 Lightweight E types.
Abundance of 26r’s as well......
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 7 May 2021, 08:47 (Ref:4050161)   #49
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
not so much an historic festival then, more like a festival of fakes!
Old 7 May 2021, 12:59 (Ref:4050189)   #50
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I enjoyed the show and dont really much care about replicas. No continuations no more historic meetings I fear. Troubles come when someone wants to sell an original or presented as such but this is not my field because my wallet is way too flat for this business.
I race two cars, both road converted more or less recently as I did in period. If they're not originals they are compliant and my pleasure is genuine.