Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Oct 2009, 20:32 (Ref:2572206)   #1
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Jaguar XKR GT4 by Triple Eight

After the Maserati another new GT4:
http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=4167

Triple Eight is an experienced racing car constructor so I am sure the car will be competitive and reliable.
Old 30 Oct 2009, 14:00 (Ref:2572528)   #2
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit more sensibly priced than the Maser as well... think it's a teaser though for now, an attempt to generate interest, not sure if they've actually built a car although there is a rumour they've converted one of the old apex GT3s...
Old 3 Nov 2009, 08:10 (Ref:2574726)   #3
stuartscott
Rookie

United Kingdom
waresley, sandy,beds
stuartscott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rick I still have my 2 jaguars and if this happens it is a new project with new cars.
Old 3 Nov 2009, 08:21 (Ref:2574732)   #4
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Must admit I'd thought you might have some insider knowledge on this... good looking project and we'd all love to see another manufacturer in GT4!

Am thinking about a conditional entry to Brit GT's next year, along the lines of "we'll enter IF there are no Ginettas, KTM's, Lotus on slicks", somewhere near the original GT4 rules...

If we could persuade you to enter the Mustang (or the Jag) on the same basis, and I'm sure we could find a few Astons the organisers would have the choice of maybe 5 quality GT4 or 2 Ginetta's like last year? In fact I reckon we could find drivers for a second car as well if it was going to be real GT4s only...

Thoughts?
Old 4 Nov 2009, 19:14 (Ref:2575798)   #5
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Someone should get Jaguar back on track, GT4's as good a place as any.

Ultimately it would be great to have a homologated XKR engine which could be used in P2, then who knows, Jaguar may realise they have to get back in the game and quit harking back to 20 year old plus Le Mans wins.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 21:32 (Ref:2575900)   #6
stuartscott
Rookie

United Kingdom
waresley, sandy,beds
stuartscott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish they would!! This is all so frustrating.
Old 12 Nov 2009, 07:03 (Ref:2580598)   #7
Sirius Motorspo
Rookie

Denmark
Odense, Denmark
Sirius Motorspo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What actually happened to Apex Motorsport ?

I know all about the horrible plane crash, but I thought they decided to keep working with the GT3 programme.
Old 12 Nov 2009, 07:46 (Ref:2580615)   #8
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius Motorspo View Post
What actually happened to Apex Motorsport ?

I know all about the horrible plane crash, but I thought they decided to keep working with the GT3 programme.
They have sadly closed up during the summer.
Old 13 Nov 2009, 12:27 (Ref:2581332)   #9
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
That's sad to hear. But then they had a lack of drivers for the GT3 cars...
Old 7 Feb 2010, 23:57 (Ref:2628910)   #10
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Any news on this? Has any of these cars been sold?
Old 8 Feb 2010, 01:50 (Ref:2628960)   #11
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Off the top of my head, one of the main creditors now owns what is left of the team and one of the cars, while Stuart Scott still owns the other 2 I believe. I think there were plans to have at least one car out racing somewhere in Europe this year. There is more info on Daily Sportscar somewhere for those who have a subscription.
Old 8 Feb 2010, 01:56 (Ref:2628965)   #12
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Off the top of my head, one of the main creditors now owns what is left of the team and one of the cars, while Stuart Scott still owns the other 2 I believe. I think there were plans to have at least one car out racing somewhere in Europe this year. There is more info on Daily Sportscar somewhere for those who have a subscription.
That's Apex, you are talking about, though, isn't it?
I was thinking of the 888 GT4 car, guess my earlier posting was a bit ambigious....