Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 27 Nov 2018, 14:06 (Ref:3866324)   #2676
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
You have far too much time on your hands.
Unfortunately the sun isn't out and the swimming pool is a bit chilly so us OAPs have to fill our time doing something to keep this thread open
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Nov 2018, 14:08 (Ref:3866326)   #2677
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was talking about Grant.
Old 27 Nov 2018, 14:31 (Ref:3866329)   #2678
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Nobody takes Bauble seriously at all .... including himself.
Oi! I heard that … Pardon?
Old 27 Nov 2018, 14:41 (Ref:3866331)   #2679
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
The nights must be drawing in, and it's affecting some posters - not here in Historics, I stress - and they seem to have lost the ability to discuss matters civilly, even when posters disagree. According to one member, I'm a troll because I hold a different perspective.

A sign of the time, I fear!
I read that along with similar tempestuous postings in other threads recently, disappointingly it seems to be a growing trend. Thankfully there is a degree of humility and humour amongst these pages. Perhaps some of the posters should take up cave dwelling.
Old 27 Nov 2018, 14:49 (Ref:3866332)   #2680
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
I thought Troll's were little plastic things children collected.
Actually Mike lives under the rickety. rackety bridge.
Old 27 Nov 2018, 14:56 (Ref:3866334)   #2681
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Actually Mike lives under the rickety. rackety bridge.
This is precisely the type of comment in need of being stamped out Insulting the good reputation of a fellow poster irrespective of the fact that his dwelling place may well be located in a wurzel patch!
Old 27 Nov 2018, 16:03 (Ref:3866350)   #2682
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
This is precisely the type of comment in need of being stamped out Insulting the good reputation of a fellow poster irrespective of the fact that his dwelling place may well be located in a wurzel patch!
Good reputation??? You must be joking, a Troll is always a Troll, on any forum.
Old 27 Nov 2018, 16:04 (Ref:3866351)   #2683
bauble
Veteran

England
Oops! Sorry about the last post, I thought I was on the Formula 1 section.
Old 27 Nov 2018, 16:12 (Ref:3866353)   #2684
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There’s an F1 section?

Would not have thought anyone was in the slightest bit interested!
Old 27 Nov 2018, 16:23 (Ref:3866358)   #2685
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
About right on that one, real racing here
Old 27 Nov 2018, 17:10 (Ref:3866371)   #2686
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
the other was protecting the modesty of a blow-up sex doll on the side of the road in Avesnes le Comte!
John, may be you can help here…
"Some say" that in a jungle near you a foreigner was seen, in a poor shack, making love with a… Zodiac inflatable boat!
Because its Xmas time, you could send him the doll and keep the Zodiac in case of flooding or just to reach some better shore…

Last edited by Gerard C; 27 Nov 2018 at 17:17.
Old 27 Nov 2018, 17:28 (Ref:3866374)   #2687
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I read that along with similar tempestuous postings in other threads recently, disappointingly it seems to be a growing trend. Thankfully there is a degree of humility and humour amongst these pages. Perhaps some of the posters should take up cave dwelling.
I resemble that remark !Click image for larger version

Name:	caveman.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	52259
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Nov 2018, 17:33 (Ref:3866375)   #2688
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I resemble that remark !Attachment 52259
Nice one! So that's where you hide your ill gotten gains!
Old 27 Nov 2018, 17:52 (Ref:3866379)   #2689
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Nice one! So that's where you hide your ill gotten gains!
It's where I'll be hibernating until Easter
Old 27 Nov 2018, 18:20 (Ref:3866394)   #2690
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I resemble that remark !Attachment 52259
I've said it before and I will say it again we all love you Gordon.
Anyone got four BMW 2002Tii injectors on the shelf.
Old 27 Nov 2018, 20:37 (Ref:3866420)   #2691
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
John, may be you can help here…
"Some say" that in a jungle near you a foreigner was seen, in a poor shack, making love with a… Zodiac inflatable boat!
Because its Xmas time, you could send him the doll and keep the Zodiac in case of flooding or just to reach some better shore…
Some inflatables from the Jungle have been making their way across La Manche Under the cover of fog lately. Perhaps my ferry on Thursday will run over a few of them if the weather doesn't improve...
Old 27 Nov 2018, 20:55 (Ref:3866426)   #2692
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
You prefer sailing than the tunnel? I just imagine the coasts guards having to stop a guy on an inflatable doll right in the middle of the Channel! Croquignolesque!
Old 27 Nov 2018, 21:07 (Ref:3866432)   #2693
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
You prefer sailing than the tunnel? I just imagine the coasts guards having to stop a guy on an inflatable doll right in the middle of the Channel! Croquignolesque!

Well, the inflatable doll has disappeared from Avesnes...

I quite like the ferry, apart from in the holiday season, but it is also a lot more affordable than the tunnel. For this particular trip the tunnel is more than twice the price of P&O.
Old 27 Nov 2018, 21:53 (Ref:3866449)   #2694
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
You’re safe in histerics Mike, we don’t take our motorsport or ourselves as seriously as some.....
Errr ...
Old 27 Nov 2018, 21:57 (Ref:3866453)   #2695
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Unfortunately the sun isn't out and the swimming pool is a bit chilly so us OAPs have to fill our time doing something to keep this thread open
Not all of us are OAP's 😂
Rather chat on here then get frostbite getting in the pool and then it being even worse when you get out.Brrrr
Allthough I am getting a little on the belly side (although I am only 8 stone).I fear that may get worse as I see more tempting delights in a cupboard or fridge.HeHe dont tell anyone
Where has this reply gone...
Old 27 Nov 2018, 22:01 (Ref:3866455)   #2696
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
There’s an F1 section?

Would not have thought anyone was in the slightest bit interested!
Painful but true sadly.Closest I'll ever get to proper F1 is the Masters,HGPCA or a demo.
Something my dad said on the matter when watching the 14b was 'imagine a full grid of those'Any of you chaps have any interesting points on the matter?👍
Old 27 Nov 2018, 22:36 (Ref:3866469)   #2697
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Don’t worry about injectors . My missing four have turned up . 😋
Old 27 Nov 2018, 23:05 (Ref:3866475)   #2698
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Not all of us are OAP's 😂
Rather chat on here then get frostbite getting in the pool and then it being even worse when you get out.Brrrr
You can pop down and do the new years day swim on the beach in Mojacar if you like (it is for charity) a lot of the participants are OAPs and were used to being cold in the winter when we were youngsters Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (144).png
Views:	14
Size:	1,023.6 KB
ID:	52264This is my other half

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 27 Nov 2018 at 23:19.
Old 28 Nov 2018, 05:18 (Ref:3866522)   #2699
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Well, the inflatable doll has disappeared from Avesnes...
She went in the air!
I dont like the feeling in the tunnel, like a rat in a trap. But the practical aspects make it a good choice, everything is automatic. Everything but the custom officers. Last time I took care to open the two sliding doors of my Merc van but a young hochloch wanted to check the inside seen from both sides. And he checked thoroughly the empty trailer too!
In spite of diesel scents, sailing is romantic.
Old 30 Nov 2018, 08:41 (Ref:3866966)   #2700
bauble
Veteran

England
I'm all for a quiet life, but this is ridiculous!