Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Apr 2004, 20:08 (Ref:937568)   #51
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Gary Critcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that's exactly what I was thinking!! I wouldn't let him within 100 yards of my car! Peter, I've just sent you an e-mail.
Old 12 Apr 2004, 21:42 (Ref:937667)   #52
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chris I sent you an email last night with something to fill the gap about the Historic FF
Old 12 Apr 2004, 21:45 (Ref:937674)   #53
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heres a clearer pic of Gary

As for Jason Minshaw he did only complete one lap as he was off at Macleans on lap 2 defending lead from Neil Fowler
Attached Thumbnails
gc.jpg  

Last edited by PaulSands; 12 Apr 2004 at 21:46.
Old 13 Apr 2004, 07:18 (Ref:937902)   #54
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Gary Critcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great photo Paul! Is there any way I can get a higher res copyfrom you?? My e-mail is gary@yesterdaysracers.com
Old 13 Apr 2004, 07:24 (Ref:937906)   #55
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
well done Zeferally!!
on the subject of Anglia's a very good friend of mine won a race in period in an Anglia at C.Combe, nothing strange in that except he spun on the last corner and rolled the car so slid passed the chequered flag on his roof - it mad a great Autosport front cover which is framed in his loo!!!!
These days he has great success racing an Ace and Lotus X
Old 13 Apr 2004, 07:33 (Ref:937911)   #56
Dan Rear
Veteran

Dan Rear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chaps, I was at Donington, first meet I've been to for about 5 years, and first ever HSCC one. I thought it was great, and good to meet Gary C and Cirrus amongst others. Racing was good especially the FFs and saloons, though certain races were a little one-sided...

I also had a very interesting chat with Steve Worrad about his B48, and those cars in general.

Most impressed with the drivers willingness to talk about their cars and their various histories.
Old 13 Apr 2004, 08:03 (Ref:937938)   #57
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks SImon, winning upside down . . . .I think I'd prefer to come 20-something the right way up given how hard it was to find a good shell !

unfortunately I didnt get to see much action other than our race, but the paddock was rammed to the gills with lovely cars, on that subject . . . .it was bl00dy mayhem, totally disorganised and made it very hard to get in and out, as well as having to parlk the race car on the main drag ! why there wasnt any attempt to organise the place a bit better I dont know, it cant be that hard, with such a full days racing the first come first serve method doesnt work
Old 13 Apr 2004, 08:13 (Ref:937946)   #58
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Typical Donington problem I'm afraid. Everybody wants to be near the assembly area. Consequently you get overcrowding big time.

Mallory, Oulton, Snet, and the others are no problem.
Old 13 Apr 2004, 08:15 (Ref:937948)   #59
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
sadly paddocks are mostly organised mayhem except for the festivals where they make more effort - the downside then is that you are not allowed to have your trailer etc by the car so its a trade off - mayhem but be able to load and go quickly after the race or organised paddock and be locked in until the end! Donington is always a crush for some reason
Old 13 Apr 2004, 08:47 (Ref:937977)   #60
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
some places ask you to park your trailer elsewhere, which is fine, or at least they could organise parking in lines rather than some git parking at 45 degrees and hogging enough space for three people !

the main problem was access . . . .I couldnt get out to get in line for scrutineering or to get to the assembly area . . . .just as well I was at the back anyway !!!
Old 13 Apr 2004, 12:05 (Ref:938195)   #61
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Redracer77
What happend to Jason Minshaw?
Daft pillock fell off at macleans whilst leading "DOH" . Little bro came in second tho which was a result .

Jase
Old 13 Apr 2004, 12:18 (Ref:938214)   #62
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Doh indeed.
Old 13 Apr 2004, 12:21 (Ref:938219)   #63
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
Quote:
Originally posted by Redracer77
What happend to Jason Minshaw?
Daft pillock fell off at macleans whilst leading "DOH" . Little bro came in second tho which was a result .

Jase
Old 13 Apr 2004, 12:49 (Ref:938255)   #64
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
was that the red car we saw parked backwards in the kitty litter ?
Old 13 Apr 2004, 12:51 (Ref:938259)   #65
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
Er Yes !!
Old 13 Apr 2004, 13:00 (Ref:938266)   #66
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
woops . . . . I managed to avoid all het stuff, although I witnessed a fair amount of people having a flick in the sand pit !
Old 13 Apr 2004, 13:32 (Ref:938295)   #67
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
Gary yes you can have a hi res but I'm at home with suspected mumps so bear with me
Old 13 Apr 2004, 21:01 (Ref:938786)   #68
Garry Holmes
Racer

Garry Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone get a shot of the aerobatics towards the end of the FF race?
Old 13 Apr 2004, 21:25 (Ref:938811)   #69
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by simon drabble

on the subject of Anglia's a very good friend of mine won a race in period in an Anglia at C.Combe, nothing strange in that except he spun on the last corner and rolled the car so slid passed the chequered flag on his roof - it mad a great Autosport front cover which is framed in his loo!!!!
These days he has great success racing an Ace and Lotus X
Simon, I remember that Autosport. About 1967 I guess In the good old days when club racing made the front cover!
Who was it upside down in the Anglebox - a red and yellow example if I remember correctly?
Old 14 Apr 2004, 06:36 (Ref:939074)   #70
simon drabble
Veteran

it was Adrian Hall, he now races an immaculate AC Ace with a single cockpit configuration red with white horizontal stripe and a Lotus X in same livery. He is one of lifes great characters and when he told me about that race I was doubled up with laughter, he still wins more than his fair share of pots today (but the correct way up!)
Old 14 Apr 2004, 07:13 (Ref:939097)   #71
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks Simon, I knew I had seen it somewhere again recently! A bit of digging and a small photo of this 1967 front cover appeared in the Autosport 50th anniversary edition, July 13th 2000. (Page 116) . The anglebox was indeed red but with a white stripe, as you have described his cars he races now. Great shot whoever took it at the time.
Old 14 Apr 2004, 16:34 (Ref:939598)   #72
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
I have put some Formula Junior images up
http://paulsands.org/don110404/fj/fj.html
Old 19 Apr 2004, 13:27 (Ref:944168)   #73
Bishop Ranter
Racer

United Kingdom
Whittlebury
Bishop Ranter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FJs at Donington

Quote:
Originally posted by PaulSands
I have put some Formula Junior images up
http://paulsands.org/don110404/fj/fj.html
Paul, once again gret images of the FJs at Donington. Alas I won't be at Cadwell but will look out for the photos.

Ps. I still seem to have my eyes shut in the Cooper-must be half asleep!
Old 19 Apr 2004, 13:29 (Ref:944170)   #74
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
It's really wierd when you look at a drivers eyes in a lot of images..sometimes they appaer to be staring straight at you when they really should be looking where they are going, many times they look closed or staring at the heavens
Old 19 Apr 2004, 15:25 (Ref:944275)   #75
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
that'll be praying the thing doesnt blow up in my case