Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Jul 2003, 18:35 (Ref:657181)   #1
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bill Riley Leaving R&S

The Indianaplis Star reported today that (direct quote):

"Bill Riley, technical diector and co-owner of Indianaplis-based Riley & Scott racing, is leaving the chassis design company to become chassis engineer for NASCAR's Robert Yates Racing on July 21."

Of course, Bob Riley is still there, but does this mean that Riley & Scott Racing may be getting out of the chassis business???

Boy, would I like to know more about what is behind this story!!!!!

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 9 Jul 2003, 23:43 (Ref:657477)   #2
Jack Man
Racer

Canada
Mississauga Ont Canada
Jack Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think so Tim i think he's just getting buisness where ever he can. We could e-mail them i guess?
Old 10 Jul 2003, 00:01 (Ref:657484)   #3
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, normally I wouldn't think it'd be a problem, but shouldn't they be hard at work on a 2004 GTP chassis by now?
Old 10 Jul 2003, 01:43 (Ref:657526)   #4
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, they should.

Something tells me they don't have any new design projects on the go, though.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 10 Jul 2003, 01:57 (Ref:657528)   #5
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yates ford v8's are some of the best in the business- riley and yates chassis will be some of the best- and so on and so forth..
Old 10 Jul 2003, 03:51 (Ref:657561)   #6
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by gttouring
yates ford v8's are some of the best in the business- riley and yates chassis will be some of the best- and so on and so forth..
It would appear as though this is a for NASCAR contract from what I've read. Certainly the Yates/Riley combo are not going to be working on a DP.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 12:50 (Ref:657858)   #7
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
then again, if one has looked at their website, there is that design for their DP which was commissioned for GA. Wether it was approved or not, that could be a source for future revenue.

Remember, they along with Doran, Fabcar, Piccio, and Crawford/Chase only supply the chassis. It's up to the purchaser to decide what powerplant/drivetrain they'll be using.

Last edited by veeten; 10 Jul 2003 at 12:51.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 13:46 (Ref:657910)   #8
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A Couple of Notes:

R&S submitted the first DP design last year to GA nad it was approved...

Their normal core of customers has chosen to wait and see how the whole DP scenario shapes up before deciding to go racing in them...they can build them and probably will...and in the spring, supposedly a couple of customers were deciding on an engine to go into a DP, although the engine that has been matched to the R&S is Toyota power according to their website...

On Bill moving to Yates...

This is directly tied to the Yates NASCAR program....with the new chassis regs for 2003 for NASCAR, Yates has had a horrible time with set-ups and making thier cars work in the handling department...they also supposedly have had shakeups in team leadership and team management postions due to this problem....

The chassis side of their operation is why they are having a horrible season....and this would seem to be their best solution to that problem...

Finally, if you look into Bill Riley's background, he spent a number of years with Roush Racing before getting his engineering degree from Purdue University and ultimately going into the chassis design and building business with his father....so he is no stranger to NASCAR...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 10 Jul 2003, 14:12 (Ref:657924)   #9
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fogelhund
Certainly the Yates/Riley combo are not going to be working on a DP.
Quote:
Originally posted by veeten
Remember, they along with Doran, Fabcar, Piccio, and Crawford/Chase only supply the chassis. It's up to the purchaser to decide what powerplant/drivetrain they'll be using.
Multimatic have exclusive rights to RYR power in a DP.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James