Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Jul 2003, 23:00 (Ref:659255)   #26
Chevyguy
Racer

Chevyguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry for being harsh, you're right.

Intersport runs a complete program. It's very active. Not only do they attend every race, and run for a conservative goal. Class wins. They get them very well, they just sort of fall into their hands. I'm sure Mr. Field himself was wondering how he ever ended up at Le Mans. Then they showed as impressive of a job as any other 675 team, through the most stressful of conditions. MG did a heck of job keeping them going, BTW. They use the old P900 Lola to give drivers that precious seat time, both on and off the track. Intersport carries a vibe about them that they are a fun team to be on.

JMR is actually a great team, not trying to trash them at all. What I don't like is the limited schedule. Just to catch the big, endurance races, is deterimental to the development. No amount of testing will give you near as much experience as racing, which they do a couple of days out of the year. As a factory backed team going for overall, they chose Matthews to take on Joest, with one car, in these guy's back yard, against the most advanced racing technology short of F1. I just don't beleive the program could ever meet the criteria that they are amongst. Sorry for being harsh again. I hope Matthews and R&S work together in the DP catagory.

"No matter where you go, there you are"-Pigkiller