Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 12 Apr 2003, 19:48 (Ref:567477)   #1
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rockingham 13th April

I've tried to let the powers that be know but just in case any of you are there tomorrow, unfortunately Jo and myself cannot attend and would appreciate our apologies being passed on at sign-on.

thx all.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 21:08 (Ref:568487)   #2
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Gizmo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Witnessed your apps being given, all sorted, mind you you did miss dome fun. Did you here about the rescue crew that went through a time warp portal situated in the lift from grandstand to the tunnel?.....worried me I can tell you.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 16:52 (Ref:569193)   #3
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo
Witnessed your apps being given, all sorted, mind you you did miss dome fun. Did you here about the rescue crew that went through a time warp portal situated in the lift from grandstand to the tunnel?.....worried me I can tell you.
no, not heard that story yet but thx for the apologies being given. We hate to let clubs down but it was unavoidable.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 17:35 (Ref:569245)   #4
dave t
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
dave t should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi i was on the barc rescue & it wes not us
Old 15 Apr 2003, 07:57 (Ref:569853)   #5
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Quote:
Originally posted by dave t
Hi i was on the barc rescue & it wes not us
Hi Dave, ok I confess, it was us Midland lot. We let our trainee walk down the stairs to the tunnel to return after lunch, us wise and perhaps lazy crew decided to take the lift. After walking in and stating " Deck 3, engineering" I was told not to be so stupid...didn`t I know that engineering is not on deck 3. We then made approx five attemtps to make the lift work and take us downstairs but the bl**dy thing wouldn`t budge! In the end we all sheepishly stepped out to find several members of the speccie public in tears at our antics...how professional!
Old 15 Apr 2003, 12:38 (Ref:570050)   #6
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hi,

Where were you posted then ?

Stacy
Orange Group 1 Mazda RX7
Old 15 Apr 2003, 18:37 (Ref:570361)   #7
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Quote:
Originally posted by stacy
Hi,

Where were you posted then ?

Stacy
Orange Group 1 Mazda RX7
Hi Stacy, I was on the Midland Hillclimb Rescue unit alternating between pitlane exit and approx post fifteen, about halfway along the straight after you turn off the oval after turn one. Mind you how we can call ourselves rescue after not being able to work a lift is a little embarrassing at the moment
Old 15 Apr 2003, 22:01 (Ref:570569)   #8
mark ch
Racer

United Kingdom
Shepshed
mark ch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You did a good job of playing musical medicstoo I seem too recall... did the music ever stop last weekend...

I was on post 2... playing musical cones
Old 15 Apr 2003, 22:04 (Ref:570573)   #9
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hi Stacy, I was on the Midland Hillclimb Rescue unit alternating between pitlane exit and approx post fifteen, about halfway along the straight after you turn off the oval after turn one. Mind you how we can call ourselves rescue after not being able to work a lift is a little embarrassing at the moment
Oh right, not too bad a post for spectating too then.

Did you need to use the lift ? Or were you fortunate enough to escape ?
Old 16 Apr 2003, 07:50 (Ref:570834)   #10
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Quote:
Oh right, not too bad a post for spectating too then.

Did you need to use the lift ? Or were you fortunate enough to escape ?
Pit lane is good to watch from but the other place can be a bit boring....mind you I was just talking about that with our medic when the shout went up that a Porsche had kissed the wall and off we went....we were explaining that rescue is sort of 99% boredom and 1%...when the Doc said aren`t you talking about sex then? At this point we knew that our work was done. This was our docs first time ever at a motorsport event and in less than a day we had perverted her forever!

The Porsche incident did precipitate a spot of musical medics but we eventually got our original one back!
Old 16 Apr 2003, 12:09 (Ref:571027)   #11
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
mind you I was just talking about that with our medic when the shout went up that a Porsche had kissed the wall and off we went....
Ah.. I have to say the corners with the banking are not straightforward.

I felt the RX would be flat through the banking onto the start line, but I did it precisely 3 times all weekend. Don't mind drifting it, but a combination of 20st the wrong side of the car, an imbalance on left handers, and a bloody great wall with imprints of other unfortunates did not make it easy..

Stacy
Old 16 Apr 2003, 12:53 (Ref:571094)   #12
manicmarshal
Racer

manicmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still provided us with a good bit of driving to see though. well done stacy.
Old 16 Apr 2003, 13:04 (Ref:571113)   #13
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by manicmarshal
Still provided us with a good bit of driving to see though. well done stacy.
I'm a very simple man - permanently flat out.. Catches me out sometimes, but I aim to entertain.. ;-)

Stacy

Last edited by Stacy; 16 Apr 2003 at 13:04.
Old 16 Apr 2003, 17:26 (Ref:571349)   #14
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Quote:
I'm a very simple man - permanently flat out.. Catches me out sometimes, but I aim to entertain.. ;-)

Stacy
Seems to me that you do that very well, but I get your point, that wall does focus the mind if not other things, I do admit to being able to take a rescue unit flat through turn one but thats hardly impressive is it?
Old 16 Apr 2003, 18:46 (Ref:571435)   #15
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
that wall does focus the mind if not other things, I do admit to being able to take a rescue unit flat through turn one but thats hardly impressive is it?
I don't know, I wouldn't like to be in your shoes if you bend it.. ;-)

As I said, some stretches have impressionist images of Ascars - only bit missing on some of them is the sponsor stickers..

Stacy
Old 17 Apr 2003, 07:57 (Ref:571856)   #16
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
As I said, some stretches have impressionist images of Ascars - only bit missing on some of them is the sponsor stickers..
Memories, memories.

I still have fond thoughts of Tony Brise trying to convince me and the others at post 4A at Brands (Paddock exit outside, don't know what it is called now) that he would have got away with it if only the straw bales had not been there.

Was not really convinced that he was wrong even when we showed him the clear marks of his wheel rims on the sleepers at about waist height (i.e. well above the bales).

Regards

Jim
Old 17 Apr 2003, 09:09 (Ref:571904)   #17
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by JimW
Memories, memories.
Ha!

I'm afraid that things often look different in the cockpit, and that view often doesn't tally with the facts.. That's why I tend not to get too excited in "incidents" in case my view of things isn't that accurate..

Stacy
Old 17 Apr 2003, 18:20 (Ref:572319)   #18
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Quote:
I don't know, I wouldn't like to be in your shoes if you bend it.. ;-)

Stacy
Agreed, mind you flat in third equals approx 40mph...well thats all I would do...the prospect of JimW appearing as we attempt to remove the unit from the Redgate gravel is more than enough to keep my speed down...can you imagine the lifelong ribbing from the marshalling fraternity? I`m just happy to get there all safe and sound ready to do a job. Regarding the lift...we gave up in the end I assume nay hope that it was broke `cos our reputation has had it if not!