Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 16 Jun 2003, 18:10 (Ref:633264)   #1
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
FIA-SCC at Monza

The FIA-SCC still doesn't have a website up and running...

Has anyone seen any sort of news on exactly who is expected for this upcoming race at Monza tha the end of the month??/

There have been other general postings about Team Goh, Lister, the Tauraus Lola, Fulvio said that Durango may hove two cars (if they finish his new one for him to drive), to go with the usual entries...

Since it will be one of the stops on the LM Tourney next year, I would think that the entry numbers would be fairly good, especially for those who may have never raced there before...

Any info that any of you can share would be most helpful...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 16 Jun 2003, 19:11 (Ref:633331)   #2
flatbroke
Racer

flatbroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ascari are going that was in autosport
Old 16 Jun 2003, 19:13 (Ref:633334)   #3
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks!!!

When an entry list is released, would someone please post it here???

Old 23 Jun 2003, 14:15 (Ref:640225)   #4
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
It is now Monday, June 23, with an FIA-SCC race scheduled for Monza this weekend....

The FIA still does not have a site up and running...

If an entry list has been published anywhere (dailysportscar??? which I do not subscribe to) would someone please post it on this thread???

I'm very interested in seeing exactly who will be running there and how many cars....

Word a few months ago was that Team Goh, Lister, and others would be there along with the usual Pescarolo, RfH, Durango, etc., and as noted by flatbroke, Ascari will make its return from the ashes to run...

Please post the list if you've seen one...

I'd appreciate it...

Old 23 Jun 2003, 16:28 (Ref:640364)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Oh yeah FIA SCC...Is it still breathing? After the spectacle at Le Mans back to European sportscar reality...

Also the official FIA website is rubbish.

Last edited by FIRE; 23 Jun 2003 at 16:36.
Old 23 Jun 2003, 17:07 (Ref:640425)   #6
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
RFH and Pescarolo say they will not race in any more FIA SCC races after Monza, if the grids are not up to sractch.

I wouldn't be suprised if the top FIA SCC teams have got together and discussed whether its worth carrying on with the rest of this year, particulalry now the LMES has been announced, along with the LM Bigatti race late this year.
Old 23 Jun 2003, 17:57 (Ref:640489)   #7
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
I would think that they would want to run the cars, especially at Monza, if for no other reason to gether some data for when it counts for something in the LM Tournament next year...

Unless a team is spending a lot of time in the wind tunnel or they are building something to 2004 specs, I see no point in just having your cars and drivers just sit in the garages when you could be racing...especially when the sponsors will be expecting to get some exposure via events as part of the agreement they entered with the team....

But of course, we have no idea who is even entered in the race, because the FIA-SCC has no functioning website and the series itself is just a blip on the radar screen compared to other forms of racing...

But if anyone does see a list, please post it...

The field was supposed to grow with some of the teams that ran at LM, as mentioned above...

I'm also interested in seeing that new Promec car back on the track....they had a halfway decent run at Estoril in the rain...and to see how Fulvio does as one of the Durango drivers....we're rooting for him to score well!!!

Old 23 Jun 2003, 22:06 (Ref:640806)   #8
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Dailysportscar reported a few days ago that a Fred Goddard Racing Reynard-Cosworth should be out at Monza- drivers expected to be Earl Goddard and ex-F3 racer Stephen Arnold

Autosport last week reckoned the Lister wouldn't be appearing until Spa, and that Bob Berridge's Lola-Judd (the 'Michel Vaillant' film car from Le Mans last year) could be appearing at the Donington round in August- Berridge sharing the car with Amanda Stretton
Old 23 Jun 2003, 22:19 (Ref:640817)   #9
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Thanks, KA!

That tells me some info for down the raod....

If Dailysportscar does post an entry list, please let us know...

BTW...does nayone know a website address for the Monza race circuit??

Maybe they will have something....

Old 24 Jun 2003, 00:47 (Ref:640924)   #10
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.monzanet.it/inglese/homepage/main.html But as far as I can see there is no info on the FIA SCC event. Still maybe it will be updated later on in the year..
Old 24 Jun 2003, 07:49 (Ref:641146)   #11
Arnage
Rookie

Arnage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Maybe this will help a bit?

I hope you all speak a bit German... (source: http://www.gt-eins.de/news.htm)

23.06.03 FIA-SWM 17 Wagen stehen auf einer ersten provisorischen Nennliste für das am kommenden Wochenende anstehende FIA-SCC-Rennen in Monza. 12 SR1/LMP675 und 5 SR2 sind demnach für die italienische Runde gemeldet. Während die geringe Zahl der SR2 (2 Pilbeams und 3 Lucchinis) für dieses Jahr wirklich das Ende der Fahnenstange zu sein scheint, irritiert eher die Anzahl der Nennungen der SR1.

Auch wenn das GLV-Team sich am Lausitzring schon als regulärer Starter geoutet hat und die Rückkehr von Pescarolo und RN-Motorsport schon bestätigt ist, stehen noch ein paar Fragezeichen hinter einigen der Nennungen. So hat Durango wie schon angekündigt beide Wagen genannt (auch das neue Chassis) aber Piloten für den 2.Wagen des Teams sind noch nicht benannt. Ob auch der auf der Nennliste stehende Ascari (!) wieder ein Comeback gibt darf dann doch schon hinterfragt werden.

Die Goddard-Reynard waren für den Lausitzring schon genannt und glänzten auch dort durch Abwesenheit. Sollte das Feld so wie angekündigt zusammenkommen hätte man jedoch eine sehr interessante Mischung am Start.
Old 24 Jun 2003, 09:58 (Ref:641212)   #12
Sniffer
Rookie

Sniffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SR1

Racing for Holland
Lammers/Bosch
Dome S101 - Judd

Racing for Holland
Gabbiani/Ortiz
Dome S101 - Judd

Pescarlo Sport
Boullion/Lagorce
Courage - Peugeot

GLV Racing
Lavaggi/TBA
FerrariJudd

Taurus Andrews/TBA Lola B2K/10B - Judd

RN Motorsports Nielsen/Shimoda
DBA4-03S - Zytek

Automotive Durango
Maddalena/Rugolo
Durango - Judd

Automotive Durango TBA/TBA
Durango - Judd

Promec Engineering
Caffi/Trombetti
Promec PJ119 - Sodemo

R&M Baldi/Mazza
R&M - Judd

Team Ascari
Lupberger/Zwart
Ascari - Judd

Fred Goddard Racing
Goddard/Arnold
Reynard - Nicholson McLaren

SR2

Lucchini Engineering
Peroni/Savoldi
Lucchini SR 2002

SCI
Daniels/Randaccio
Luchinni SR 2002

GP Racing
Collini/Mancini
Lucchini Alfa Romeo

Team Jota
Stack/Hignett
Pilbeam - Nissan

PiR Competition
Bruneau/Rostan
Pilbeam - Peugeot

Villorba Corse
TBA/TBA
Lucchini Alfa
Old 24 Jun 2003, 13:38 (Ref:641465)   #13
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Thanks, Guys!

According to Fulvio, one of the drivers for Durango, the second Durango car will not be ready for this weekend, but will run at Oscherleben in July...so one Durango will make it to the line instead of two...

It also is surprising to see Lavaggi's old Ferrari on the list...they seem to be race-to-race, and didn't make it to the grid at Estoril...
Let's see if they run this weekend...

It is disappointing not to see some of the Audis (Team Goh), the Kondo Dome, or the Lister in this field...not sure if there is a second Audi (besides Champion) at Atlanta this weekend...

On the bright side, Welcome back, Ascari and R&M!!!! Both cars have shown a great deal of promise....R&M finished last year very strong and Ascari always has had a solid program...

Also good to see Promec entered as well....byt the Peugeot engine they have chosen this year, as opposed to the BMW 5.0L that they tested the car with last year, seems to be the wrong engine choice, given our discussions on other threads...

The field isn't large, but it is more prototypes than Road Atlanta has entered for this weekend (by one or two cars)....

Let's see if it keeps up the interest of regulars like Pescarolo for future races....that is supposedly a real concern....small fields may make some of the regulars drop out....

Old 24 Jun 2003, 14:56 (Ref:641516)   #14
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
It is disappointing not to see some of the Audis (Team Goh), the Kondo Dome, or the Lister in this field...not sure if there is a second Audi (besides Champion) at Atlanta this weekend...

On the bright side, Welcome back, Ascari and R&M!!!! Both cars have shown a great deal of promise....R&M finished last year very strong and Ascari always has had a solid program...

The field isn't large, but it is more prototypes than Road Atlanta has entered for this weekend (by one or two cars)....
I don't think the Audis are yet allowed into FIASCC, are they? Anyway, Joest is also entering Road Atlanta, so there are two there. Goh and Kondo are only interested in Le Mans, it seems, and that's been true for a few years now.

Great to see the Ascari on the track.

Road Atlanta has 14 prototypes entered as of yesterday, evenly split between 900s and 675s. The above list for this race has 18, 5 of which are in the SC1 class, one in the SR2 and one (two? I don't know about the Goddard Reynard) that would be considered 675s in the SR1 class.

What is the difference between SR2 and SC1? I would have thought the Pilbeams were SR2 cars, and I know nothing about the Luccinis but it's obvious that there's crossover.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 24 Jun 2003, 15:09 (Ref:641534)   #15
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Sorry about the mis-count...4 Lucchinis and 2 Pilbeams

I think the Reynard and the DBA are the lighter than 900kg, but heavier than the class that Lucchini and Pilbeams are racing...

Maybe that is the difference...I'm not that familiar with FIA specs....

Maybe someone can help us with this one....

Old 24 Jun 2003, 15:29 (Ref:641556)   #16
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The DBA was 766 kg at PLM, and is running a 3.4L Zytek motor. In theory, the cars should always be at or above the minimum running weight, right? So if the Reynard and DBA are below that, they should be ballasted up, unless there's an equivalence formula that they've implemented to allow these cars.

The maximum engine displacement in SR2 is 3.0L, while the DBA has 3.4, so that's probably why they're running up a class. Again, don't know what's up with the weight, though.

I know that Stefan Johansson ran Reynards in LMP900 in 2000. The cars were essentially convertible between the classes. What's the displacement on the Reynard McLarens?

The FIA regs are silent on this SC1 class, AFAICT.

http://www.fia.com/regle/REG_TEC/Ann...tes/258A-a.pdf
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 24 Jun 2003, 15:32 (Ref:641558)   #17
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I believe that SR2 cars can only run 3.0Litre V6 engines , as opposed to LMP675 that can run 2.0 litre Turbo or up to 3.4 litre normally aspirated, no cylinder restriction . In 2001 the Rowan Pilbeam ran 3.0litre in FIASCC / ELMS but had a 3.4 Nissan at Lemans ( for 5 laps until the rain caught it out ) Hope this helps
Old 24 Jun 2003, 15:37 (Ref:641562)   #18
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Based on that description, I am still unsure whaich one would be which, unless it would be the PiR Competition car that has the Peugeot engine in it, or the Lucchini Alfa...I am not familiar with the displacements on those engines for that class...

Old 24 Jun 2003, 16:10 (Ref:641584)   #19
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Maybe this is asked earlier on this forum: Is Promec's Sodemo engine the same as Pescarolo's Peugeot?

Good to see the Ascari back, I mean this says enough:

http://www.ascari.net/multimedia/gr_TEAMimage02.jpg

Last edited by FIRE; 24 Jun 2003 at 16:12.
Old 24 Jun 2003, 16:14 (Ref:641586)   #20
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
From the threads earlier on Estoril and on the Promec itself, yes....

That is at least the way I understood it....

Old 24 Jun 2003, 16:19 (Ref:641590)   #21
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In FIA SCC true LMP675, i.e. the DBA, MG and older Reynard have to run in the SR1 class with the regular LMP900s.

The Audis, I believe, are still allowed and Team Goh are/were intending to race at Spa.

If you look at this grid and add in Audi UK, Chamberlain, RML, CMS, Lister, Noel Dell, Nasamax and Norma, which asre expected to race in the LMES, plus the best GTS and GT cars what a grid we can expect in the LMES next year.
Old 24 Jun 2003, 16:26 (Ref:641598)   #22
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
The DBA was 766 kg at PLM, and is running a 3.4L Zytek motor. In theory, the cars should always be at or above the minimum running weight, right? So if the Reynard and DBA are below that, they should be ballasted up, unless there's an equivalence formula that they've implemented to allow these cars.

The maximum engine displacement in SR2 is 3.0L, while the DBA has 3.4, so that's probably why they're running up a class. Again, don't know what's up with the weight, though.

I know that Stefan Johansson ran Reynards in LMP900 in 2000. The cars were essentially convertible between the classes. What's the displacement on the Reynard McLarens?
they're 3.3 litres I believe, and the car runs to LMP675 regs- the car is the ex-Dick Barbour Reynard-Judd 675 from a couple of years ago, but now fitted with a Nicholson-McLaren tuned Cosworth V8. I think Fred Goddard actually has both of the ex-Barbour cars, but only seems to be able to put together deals to run one at present. FIASSC allows LMP675 cars like the Reynards, the DBA- or an MG should anyone wish- into SR1, and I believe they race at their usual weight- not sure if there's any restrictor penalty.
Old 24 Jun 2003, 16:27 (Ref:641600)   #23
KA
Veteran

Quote:
Based on that description, I am still unsure whaich one would be which, unless it would be the PiR Competition car that has the Peugeot engine in it, or the Lucchini Alfa...I am not familiar with the displacements on those engines for that class...
They're both SR2s, so normally-aspirated 3-litre in both cases
Old 24 Jun 2003, 16:32 (Ref:641605)   #24
KA
Veteran

Quote:
I think the Reynard and the DBA are the lighter than 900kg, but heavier than the class that Lucchini and Pilbeams are racing...

minimun weight for SR2 is something like 740kg
Old 24 Jun 2003, 17:08 (Ref:641641)   #25
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Oooh, so close KA! 720, actually (for 2003). Goes up to 750 next year (as does ACO).

A question: with the LMES for next year, just how relevant are the FIA regulations now? The only difference is the engine formula for the SR2 / LM2 IIRC...

-Bill James