Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Jul 2003, 00:14 (Ref:653660)   #26
leglizone
Racer

Italy
Monza Italy
leglizone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...the pits were very boring, the team was composed by 15 people(4-5 of them were engineers)and in the box the work was not very frenetic.
I have some pics of the pits but they are not very interesting...
Old 6 Jul 2003, 00:42 (Ref:653668)   #27
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Did the car sound like a GTS car or just a road Enzo?

Was it just testing aero bits etc. or a race engine as well?
Old 6 Jul 2003, 05:14 (Ref:653722)   #28
Kurt Maxwell
Racer

Kurt Maxwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks

Thanks for the pictures.

Since the internet "experts" have doubted that GT Supercars would become the focus in European sportscar racing I wonder if we will ever actually see cars like this compete?

With so many LMP cars waiting in the wings what is the point?

The FIA GT and the idea of racing exotic sportscars has about as much chance at succeeding as Grand Am and their Daytona Prototypes do.

Next thing you know there will be someone saying that the ALMS is dying and that these GT Supercars should be given an equal shot at the overall win at LeMans!!!
Old 6 Jul 2003, 11:35 (Ref:653826)   #29
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kurt you well know no-one ever doubted the 'supercars' would arrive and race, but in GTS. They are no different from a current 550 or Lister.

The new LMES shows that depsite what some beliveied, and hoped would happe, i.e. LMPs would simply shut up shop, is simply not going to happen. Already the LMP car count for the LMES is over 12, with more expected.

The current FIA SCC teams plus Audi UK, CMC, Nasamax, Lister etc.

Plus of course the GTS/GT cars. If GTS is given a shop of an overall win fine, although everything I've heard say this is very unlikely, despite what some say.

As for the ALMS dying, well maybe in the eyes of the anti ALMS brigade, more concerned with the business models than cool, exciting cars and fans interest.

Last edited by JAG; 6 Jul 2003 at 11:38.
Old 6 Jul 2003, 14:59 (Ref:653932)   #30
danhx
Racer

danhx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cool, exciting cars and fan interest aren't going to be around long if the business model is disfunctional...Luckily the ALMS seems to have a plan that's a little better than GARRA, and they have strong manufacturer support, so i think we'll see LMPs or their derivatives much longer than we see the stock car-esque DPs...The NASCAR business model doesn't seem to translate well to sportscars...

And now for a comment relevant to this thread: I certainly hope we see this car in at ACO sanctioned events, but even if it's just at FIA GT races it will certainly receive massive fan interest. I think any series would be happy to have this car in the field.
Old 6 Jul 2003, 15:10 (Ref:653943)   #31
JAG
Veteran

England
I think we'll see it at LM and in all likleyhood LMES.

At the very least customer cars will race there when they become available.

Like you say any series would welcome this car. Just because your an LMP fan doesnt mean you don't like GTs.

At the moment we have a good balance of LMP/GT that stops the problems associated with GT1. If a manufactuer wants to win and they don't have a suitable raod car they can build an LMP. If as has been rumoured GTS cars are brought upto the performance of LMPs so they can compete for overall wins, all the better.

Sportscars is all about variety not spec chassis as in DPs.

Last edited by JAG; 6 Jul 2003 at 15:11.
Old 6 Jul 2003, 15:21 (Ref:653951)   #32
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
looks good ... the sooner will see it in the races the better ...

Ciao Marco
Old 6 Jul 2003, 16:15 (Ref:653994)   #33
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurt Maxwell
that these GT Supercars should be given an equal shot at the overall win at LeMans!!!
Hmmm, funny thing and so they may....

What did you go on a vacation for four months?
Old 6 Jul 2003, 18:35 (Ref:654076)   #34
JAG
Veteran

England
Re: Re: Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by Fogelhund
Hmmm, funny thing and so they may....

What did you go on a vacation for four months?
Yes but is this all rumours and wishful thinking or concrete proposals.

The LMP regs are set in stone for 3 years from 2004 onwards.

The only way GTS cars could be given equal status as LMPs is as has been speculated increase there BHP, reduce weight, and maybe some other technical changes to get them within touching distance of the LMPs. You could have a level playing field if the LMPs were given smaller fuel tanks, harking back to the original GT1 era when you had GENUINE road cars like the Mclaren F1 and Ferrari F40 competing with the LMPs.

The Genuine GT1 road cars could not match a LMP on speed, but due to LMPs having smaller fuel tanks could catch up through spending less time in the pits.

I would like to see this happen again.
Old 6 Jul 2003, 19:51 (Ref:654137)   #35
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
B]Remember you heard first on this Forum! I was at the Goodwood Revival Meeting on Sunday and was fortunate to be a guest of Maserati UK. During which I had a chat with the MD of Maserati / Ferrari UK, and asked him about Maserati at Le Mans.
He said he expected to see Maserati at Le Mans by 2005 and it was likely that they would use a modified Maserati version of the Ferrari Enzo. [/B][/QUOTE

Remember this from November last year. It should answer some of the confusion in this thread
Old 6 Jul 2003, 21:13 (Ref:654196)   #36
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Re: Re: Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
Yes but is this all rumours and wishful thinking or concrete proposals.
This all depends on how well you think the Corvette factory team are informed on this topic.
Old 6 Jul 2003, 21:43 (Ref:654221)   #37
JAG
Veteran

England
Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by Fogelhund
This all depends on how well you think the Corvette factory team are informed on this topic.
Suppose so. Anyone caught up with the guys at P&M/GM recently and asked them about there future plans.

The C6 is going to be raced. Is this in the hope of a new 'super' GTS class?
Old 7 Jul 2003, 05:19 (Ref:654406)   #38
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Re: More new Ferrari Photos!!

Quote:
Originally posted by leglizone
I think that Maserati uses the Ferrari Enzo to test the mechanics of the new car that for me will be similar...

Note in the photo: The object under the rear wing is the radiator...this is a very strange place, probably it is a transitory place waiting for the new car!

LegliZone
Great scoop picture ! And welcome on the Sportscars forum !
Old 7 Jul 2003, 05:21 (Ref:654407)   #39
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Forza Ferrari!!!

Quote:
...Yes, I took the photos in these three days of test here in Monza.

In the paddok were present two official trucks of Ferrari and Maserati supported by three Pirelli's turcks.
And congrats for that !
Old 9 Jul 2003, 09:42 (Ref:656675)   #40
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Re: NEW FERRARI Fia-Gt Photo

Quote:
Hallo everybody!!

This is the first picture of the new Ferrari Enzo Fia-Gt 2004...
Just wanted to warn you that your pics are posted here :
http://perso.club-internet.fr/jmugni...0&%20Proto.htm
by a french journalist on his website, with a translation of your words...

Did you know it ? Your name is not mentionned on the pics, there's just a link to TT Forum main page... and he says taht your are the "supposed" author of the pics...

Last edited by Fab; 9 Jul 2003 at 09:44.
Old 9 Jul 2003, 11:03 (Ref:656734)   #41
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The Chevy factory team are definitely going to race a GTS version of the C6 - It was confirmed to me by a very prominent member of the team at Sebring and reported by us at the time.
Old 9 Jul 2003, 14:01 (Ref:656889)   #42
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
...and repeated by Big Ron last week. (GM apparently gets a big morale boost from the program, since there's lots of crossover between racing and customer Corvette engineering. Very unlike the Cadillac program, which had no contact other than marketing.) It sounds to me like GM are in it for much longer than the 3 year renewal that was announced at Sebring.

Those of us in attendance weren't surprised that he mentioned the C6, but we were surprised that there seemed to be a push to speed up the GTS by 10 seconds at LM. I guess that's what we'd like to find out - what the ACO has in mind for GTS.

Last edited by paul-collins; 9 Jul 2003 at 14:03.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 9 Jul 2003, 15:13 (Ref:656945)   #43
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
...and repeated by Big Ron last week. (GM apparently gets a big morale boost from the program, since there's lots of crossover between racing and customer Corvette engineering. Very unlike the Cadillac program, which had no contact other than marketing.) It sounds to me like GM are in it for much longer than the 3 year renewal that was announced at Sebring.

Those of us in attendance weren't surprised that he mentioned the C6, but we were surprised that there seemed to be a push to speed up the GTS by 10 seconds at LM. I guess that's what we'd like to find out - what the ACO has in mind for GTS.

A push to speed GTS up by 10 seconds, or it is actually going to happen at some time.
Old 9 Jul 2003, 15:20 (Ref:656956)   #44
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
A push to speed GTS up by 10 seconds, or it is actually going to happen at some time.
good point, I think with the new manufacturer designed supercars such as the Maserati / enzo the times at LeMans could fall by that much fairly soon, without any rule changes. There hasnt been a real competition between several manufacturers at the same time in GTS yet.
Old 9 Jul 2003, 18:01 (Ref:657124)   #45
leglizone
Racer

Italy
Monza Italy
leglizone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Thanks for the news "Fab" but unluckily I don't understend french...but I'm happy that everybody can see my pictures on the web..It's an honor for me!!

Other two pictures are coming with some news...

Regards LeglizOne
Old 9 Jul 2003, 18:31 (Ref:657167)   #46
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Thanks for the news "Fab" but unluckily I don't understend french...but I'm happy that everybody can see my pictures on the web..It's an honor for me!!

Other two pictures are coming with some news...

Regards LeglizOne
As many pictures as possible would be very welcome.
Old 9 Jul 2003, 18:45 (Ref:657190)   #47
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That car really needs a mention on the 'Most grotesque GT/Sportscar' thread.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 9 Jul 2003, 19:02 (Ref:657212)   #48
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by 429CJ
At least its not the finished product.
Old 9 Jul 2003, 19:44 (Ref:657256)   #49
pitviper
Racer

pitviper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this is all incredibly interesting...funny how it's all coming together...

Kurt Maxwell...CALL THE EASTER BUNNY!!!

pit
Old 9 Jul 2003, 19:46 (Ref:657259)   #50
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by 429CJ
maybe you should stop this Ferrari bashing ...

Ciao Marco