Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 19 Jun 2019, 19:19 (Ref:3912960)   #1226
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I kinda thought Le Man's was going to be the teams final race, so returning for Petit would be great.
Indeed, would be nice if they can sneak in VIR too. But yeah, Ford leaving is going to leave a hole in GTLM just as big as GTE Pro in WEC. IMSA needs to make GTD very appealing to people next year. What can they do?
Old 21 Jun 2019, 13:14 (Ref:3913302)   #1227
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Indeed, would be nice if they can sneak in VIR too. But yeah, Ford leaving is going to leave a hole in GTLM just as big as GTE Pro in WEC. IMSA needs to make GTD very appealing to people next year. What can they do?
Lower the manufacturer fees could get a few more cats in gtd. Other than that, can't help the gte grid. Risi is the only private team in North America.
Old 21 Jun 2019, 15:26 (Ref:3913343)   #1228
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Lower the manufacturer fees could get a few more cats in gtd. Other than that, can't help the gte grid. Risi is the only private team in North America.

I think it would indeed help bring in Aston Martin and Bentley maybe and keep others who might not see the point of the manufacturer fee if they have just 1 car running full time in the series like Mercedes and Ferrari. Got to see how operating costs can go down too. Hopefully these EVO kits are helping out. Seems like its there to help reliability and increase east of maintenance. Mercedes is coming with one next year.

Would be awesome if we can entice some GT teams away from Blancpain GT America which to be honest I am not impressed with and I am a big GT fan. I find Euro based series like ADAC GT Masters and International GT Open far more interesting. The 90 minute race format is rather "eh".
Old 21 Jun 2019, 17:59 (Ref:3913370)   #1229
MaskedRacer
Veteran

From the S365 Nurburgring notebook:

"Sportscar365 understands that the formerly MTEK-run BMW M8 GTE chassis and associated parts will be shipped to America to assist with the manufacturer’s IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship effort with Team RLL."

How about that. For R.L.L. that is a major upgrade in car and supply parts. I feel Daytona won't be their last win in 2019. But I don't pick them for the Glen either. I got a good feeling that Chevy or Ford takes the 6 hour this year. Neither has won yet in 2019.
Old 21 Jun 2019, 18:09 (Ref:3913372)   #1230
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I would love to see more cats in any form of motor racing. I've seen some of the crazy stuff my cat does on a regular basis, I can only imagine how much carnage she could cause behind the wheel.
Old 22 Jun 2019, 11:21 (Ref:3913460)   #1231
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I would love to see more cats in any form of motor racing. I've seen some of the crazy stuff my cat does on a regular basis, I can only imagine how much carnage she could cause behind the wheel.
I must have been specifically talking about jaguars
Old 24 Jun 2019, 19:03 (Ref:3914003)   #1232
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Development starting(maybe started) for a new Mazda in Michelin Pilot Challenge with the Mazda3 TCR car according to Dagys. Maybe another Mazda turbo to go boom? Thought they were zoom-zoom not boom-boom joeb
Old 25 Jun 2019, 12:52 (Ref:3914121)   #1233
MaskedRacer
Veteran

So we got the spotters guide for Watkins Glen on Andy's page now. Surprises in that the only different livery so far is from the PMR Lambo. Even Porsche and Ford are back to their traditional liveries which I don't mind and like a lot. Just surprised they can switch those from what they had at Le Mans so quickly and in transit.

I wonder what goes into painting liveries of cars and removing old ones. Maybe some of you knows that one.
Old 25 Jun 2019, 15:28 (Ref:3914141)   #1234
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
They're probably decal wraps like most NASCAR cars are nowadays.
Old 25 Jun 2019, 17:13 (Ref:3914164)   #1235
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mazda dumping Joest would be a shocking development, not sure Ganassi would do any better.
Old 25 Jun 2019, 21:21 (Ref:3914192)   #1236
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Development starting(maybe started) for a new Mazda in Michelin Pilot Challenge with the Mazda3 TCR car according to Dagys. Maybe another Mazda turbo to go boom? Thought they were zoom-zoom not boom-boom joeb
that was pretty good. But just wait, Mazda will win one of the next 2 races.
Old 26 Jun 2019, 03:05 (Ref:3914224)   #1237
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Mazda probably won't use AER for the engine so it might actually be reliable.
Old 28 Jun 2019, 21:28 (Ref:3914692)   #1238
MaskedRacer
Veteran

S365 article hinting that Ben Keating might be learning towards a Ford GT effort in next seasons ELMS. We might lose Mercedes from the Weathertech series. Hopefully someone will step in. I know there are US based Mercedes teams but Akka ASP or Black Falcon efforts would be competitive in GTD I think.
Old 28 Jun 2019, 23:14 (Ref:3914697)   #1239
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
S365 article hinting that Ben Keating might be learning towards a Ford GT effort in next seasons ELMS. We might lose Mercedes from the Weathertech series. Hopefully someone will step in. I know there are US based Mercedes teams but Akka ASP or Black Falcon efforts would be competitive in GTD I think.
It sounded like he was fishing for whoever will assist the program. He and Riley had a deal with MB that ends this season, I'm guessing some financial incentive to run in IMSA there. If he gets what he wants from MB then I'd expect him back again in IMSA. And with Ford taking a good amount of production out of Europe with their announcement today of factory closures he thinks they won't get decent BOP, of course because you can't race without that any more. And he was denied a WEC slot as the late applicant.
Old 29 Jun 2019, 13:08 (Ref:3914769)   #1240
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It sounded like he was fishing for whoever will assist the program. He and Riley had a deal with MB that ends this season, I'm guessing some financial incentive to run in IMSA there. If he gets what he wants from MB then I'd expect him back again in IMSA. And with Ford taking a good amount of production out of Europe with their announcement today of factory closures he thinks they won't get decent BOP, of course because you can't race without that any more. And he was denied a WEC slot as the late applicant.
I imagine taking a Ford to ELMS, where the GTE competition is much lower level than the IMSA GTLM, and it being an ACO regulated series, might make it easier to get an entry for Le Mans next year.

I'd miss the Mercedes from IMSA for sure.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 20:33 (Ref:3915200)   #1241
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
that was pretty good. But just wait, Mazda will win one of the next 2 races.
Called it.
Old 1 Jul 2019, 19:50 (Ref:3915397)   #1242
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Ever thought IndyCar would come to IMSA and beg them to have a shared weekend? The Robin Miller article on Racer just posted might be indirectly hinting that. Not saying it directly though. How about that. How was Watkins Glen attendance this year? Did not go this time. Sometimes it is deceiving because the place is built for NASCAR audience. So yes I found parking at the Glen for the 6 hours to be rather easy. Not a bad thing of course always.
Old 1 Jul 2019, 21:02 (Ref:3915414)   #1243
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Ever thought IndyCar would come to IMSA and beg them to have a shared weekend? The Robin Miller article on Racer just posted might be indirectly hinting that. Not saying it directly though. How about that. How was Watkins Glen attendance this year? Did not go this time. Sometimes it is deceiving because the place is built for NASCAR audience. So yes I found parking at the Glen for the 6 hours to be rather easy. Not a bad thing of course always.
It seems like neither Indy nor IMSA pull a decent audience trackside but think the track gives IMSA a deal where Indy had to pay to rent the place. It could be tough with all the support series to have the track time for IMSA, Michelin Pilot Challenge, GT3 Cup Challenge USA and Super Trofeo with 2 series running a longer than usual race if you add in Indy, possibly Lights and F3/4 to the mix. I mean I would go for sure but I don't think they're marketing to a guy who has a season pass to Road Atlanta and has already been to the track 6 times this season.

There wasn't much downtime in the schedule for the weekend so it would have to greatly change the planning and extend the days trackside. http://www.theglen.com/~/media/03AD5...15DEC93DB.ashx
Old 2 Jul 2019, 20:44 (Ref:3915553)   #1244
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Fassler in for Milner at Corvette after Milner sustained a hand injury in the crash at Watkins Glen.
Old 3 Jul 2019, 11:37 (Ref:3915662)   #1245
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
As to be expected, Moorespeed out after the chassis damage at WG.

Lone Star and Compass are back for the Sprint round as well.
Old 3 Jul 2019, 11:52 (Ref:3915665)   #1246
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
As to be expected, Moorespeed out after the chassis damage at WG.

Lone Star and Compass are back for the Sprint round as well.
Good to see them back, and I think Compass will have a lighter car for this round with the adjusted BoP
Old 3 Jul 2019, 11:56 (Ref:3915666)   #1247
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Good to see them back, and I think Compass will have a lighter car for this round with the adjusted BoP
You are correct sir:

The McLaren 720S GT3, which is set for its third WeatherTech Championship race next weekend at CTMP, meanwhile, has been given a 25 kg weight break, 10.7 kW increase in power and 3-liter increase in fuel capacity for the Canadian round.
Old 3 Jul 2019, 15:43 (Ref:3915702)   #1248
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
You are correct sir:

The McLaren 720S GT3, which is set for its third WeatherTech Championship race next weekend at CTMP, meanwhile, has been given a 25 kg weight break, 10.7 kW increase in power and 3-liter increase in fuel capacity for the Canadian round.
I think Audi could use a big weight break or something! We won't have any for CTMP now.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/s...tmp-lime-rock/
Old 3 Jul 2019, 18:33 (Ref:3915735)   #1249
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I think Audi could use a big weight break or something! We won't have any for CTMP now.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/s...tmp-lime-rock/
I think it is more that car, hence the withdraw, work with Audi and run again later. Course they are down on top end speed so let's go to Road America where it's oh so slow.

But I get it, it's a few weeks and they could better use their time working with Audi but I don't think they get to test instead of race do they? Thought GTD has testing limits but I could be mistaken as I often am
Old 3 Jul 2019, 23:47 (Ref:3915771)   #1250
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
And now the BOP wheel lands on Corvette, gain 10 kilos but the winners of 4 in a row get nothing? I know it was split between the 2 cars but Porsche wins and gets no adjustment?

Also GTD adjustment of Acura gaining 20 kilos, and the Lexus 4L of fuel